PDA

View Full Version : I finally got the SNESDS and NESDS to work on MMD.

Amethyst
September 22nd, 2006, 22:09
Jesus, I was getting pissed off whenever I read how someone got the Max Media Dock running NES and SNES games yet when I did it all I got was NO ROMS FOUND.

Well, I was downloading the NESDS and SNESDS from the download links offered on the homepage of this site but for some reason those downloaded files always gave me the dreaded NO ROMS FOUND message after an eternity of gray and white screens. In a frustrated act I went to this site:

http://www.cs.utah.edu/~tew/snesDS/

(I'm assuming it's the homesite of NESDS and SNESDS) and decided to try out the files from there.

To my surprise it worked! Just add the NDStool like so many have explained and BAM! Good ol' nostalgic pleasure. Although most SNES games look funky, a few damn near unplayable because of this, the NES games look fine. So far the only game that gave me crap on NESDS is The Lion King. But the Genesis game is one of the smoothest running on Picodrive so why bitch.

For some reason I can't find a Super Mario Bros. ROM on the web (I found everything else in my NES cartridge collection) but since this isn't the place for ROM talk I'll leave it be.

Qerppsmmnx
September 22nd, 2006, 22:58
cool, good news for many

Bonic
September 22nd, 2006, 23:14
This is old, we all know you need Ndstool to use this, you must use make_ds.bat :p

Mariopop87
September 22nd, 2006, 23:33
This is old, we all know you need Ndstool to use this, you must use make_ds.bat :p
What's NDStool?
Where can I find it?

sonikku88
September 23rd, 2006, 00:09
You lie! I'll have to try this out for myself! >=(

Bonic
September 23rd, 2006, 18:57
Who you guy are stupid, how can you not know how?

The Hombrew Hunter
September 23rd, 2006, 19:15
Bonic, don't insult other users because they're blatantly oblivious.

I'm not warning you THIS time, but next time, no luck buddy.

kcajblue
September 23rd, 2006, 19:42
its mean to insult others for something that they dont know

sonikku88
September 23rd, 2006, 20:11
Bonic, don't insult other users because they're blatantly oblivious.

I'm not warning you THIS time, but next time, no luck buddy.

Nah, that's OK. I deserve to be called stupid. After all, I did buy a Max Media Dock. :(

Plus, Bonic made Picodrive work for MMP, so I respect him. :D

The Hombrew Hunter
September 23rd, 2006, 20:31
No, I have to.

If people (not all, and I'm not pointing fingers at you, Bonic) think they can insult people for no good reason...

It's a mod's job to make sure they don't.

kcajblue
September 23rd, 2006, 20:48
and youre doing a good job of doing it. :D

sonikku88
September 24th, 2006, 01:55
Yay! I got NESDS working too. XD

But if you put more than one game in a .nds file, it has to be under 2MB, I think, otherwise it won't play. Personally, I put every one of my NES roms each in seperate .nds files.

Now to try SNESDS. :D

sonikku88
September 24th, 2006, 18:26
Well, I managed to get SNESDS to work, there are a lot of issues. The biggest being that it won't play games over 2MB, which I am gutted about because I can't play Super Mario All-Stars.

Will this always be a problem, or is it something that will be fixed in future?

Oh, and is sound normal? Does SNESDS play the music and SFX in some games? Because I got sound. Not sure if that's unusual. I doubt it is.

kcajblue
September 24th, 2006, 19:14
dont double post. use the edit button.

sonikku88
September 24th, 2006, 23:12
Sorry, kcajblue. :(

So can anyone answer my questions?

Amethyst
September 24th, 2006, 23:43
Yeah, I think sound is normal.

Too bad you can't play games larger than 2 Megs because Clock Tower is slightly over 2. BUT BE GRATEFUL!!! Just kidding. At least we gots us something.

girardsummer
September 25th, 2006, 05:20
OMG! *rushes to get LOZ: LttP and MegaMan X series on his MMP*

I'll let you know what works :)

sonikku88
September 25th, 2006, 15:41
OMG! *rushes to get LOZ: LttP and MegaMan X series on his MMP*

I'll let you know what works :)

Sorry, man. Zelda don't work. The game screws up the second the 3D Triforce appears. Mega Man works OK, though. Except for conversation parts.

vegeta8259
September 28th, 2006, 23:26
Jesus, I was getting pissed off whenever I read how someone got the Max Media Dock running NES and SNES games yet when I did it all I got was NO ROMS FOUND.

Well, I was downloading the NESDS and SNESDS from the download links offered on the homepage of this site but for some reason those downloaded files always gave me the dreaded NO ROMS FOUND message after an eternity of gray and white screens. In a frustrated act I went to this site:

http://www.cs.utah.edu/~tew/snesDS/

(I'm assuming it's the homesite of NESDS and SNESDS) and decided to try out the files from there.

To my surprise it worked!

ive done all this and im still getting the NO ROMS FOUND message:( ... are there step by step instructions on this somewhere?

Knux896
September 30th, 2006, 03:40
ive done all this and im still getting the NO ROMS FOUND message:( ... are there step by step instructions on this somewhere?
1.Download SnesDS and ndstool.exe.
2.Unzip SnesDS to a folder and put ndstool.exe in the same folder.
3.Run make_nds.bat.
4.Insert 1 Snes game file using the folder icon and click save.
5.Make sure the NDS file is under 2 MB and copy it to a directory on the MMD.
6.Double-tap to run.

Also some CF cards are just plain incompatible with Nes/SnesDS. If thats the case than you are out of luck. You can try the test file I made with some NES homebrew at: http://home.comcast.net/~swbfii/nesDS.nds and see if that is the problem.