PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way for tha 2.8 tiff exploit to work as a 2.0 downgrader?

Stinger_{Dark_Chaos}
September 23rd, 2006, 22:01
Hey is it possible to combine the works as a 2.00-1.5 downgrader like if we use both tiff exploits the hello world and tha regular tiff file from tha previous 2.0-1.5 downgrader cuz im thinking of doing this but im affiad it might brick my psp like puttin both tiff files inside tha folder and act like it was used as a 20.-1.5 downgrader can anyone answer my question plz? thanks

Video_freak
September 23rd, 2006, 22:11
There is a possibility that 2.8 can be downgraded through the TIFF exploit. For now though, we do no thave flash access on 2.8, so it cannot be downgraded yet.

benh
September 24th, 2006, 11:44
we do have some kernal access on 2.80, becasue we can access the flash1 with the font hack and file assistant but we can only look and make a dump of the flash0

Stinger_{Dark_Chaos}
October 4th, 2006, 04:45
I see since tha flash has been stored it cannot be downgraded yet well i aint rushin but they already made tha 2.81 firmware and im not fenda upgrade ever cuz people used to think that it was never possible to downgrade 2.7 and + so im not gonna take any chances im stayin on 2.8 till they do something

BL4Z3D247
October 4th, 2006, 04:59
wise choice grasshoppa :p

potatoman
October 18th, 2006, 10:27
would it not be possible to use devhook on 2.8 if it has flash1 access, or does it require flash0 access?
because then we could just emulate 1.5 in devhook!

Cloudhunter
October 18th, 2006, 11:51
would it not be possible to use devhook on 2.8 if it has flash1 access, or does it require flash0 access?
because then we could just emulate 1.5 in devhook!
I believe it needs full kernel access, as of the way it redirects flash0 to ms0...

Cloudy

potatoman
October 19th, 2006, 19:22
damn... oh well, looks like well have to wait, unless some genius finds a way to boot a dump of 1.5 from flash 1, but i think thats impossible, isnt it?

dudeass
November 1st, 2006, 17:52
you could make a fw emu from scratch using user-mode i believe but it would be a b*tch to code

Cloudhunter
November 1st, 2006, 18:05
I doubt user mode would do it, just due to the way it works...

Cloudy

dudeass
November 1st, 2006, 18:19
well i dont know much about this but my theory was that there must be files on fw that interperet files on flash0 as a visable menu so f we could get these into elf format we'd be good to go because all it would use is memstick

BL4Z3D247
November 1st, 2006, 18:23
well i dont know much about this but my theory was that there must be files on fw that interperet files on flash0 as a visable menu so f we could get these into elf format we'd be good to go because all it would use is memstick
user mode doesn't have enough memory to run devhook, it has trouble playing some emus let alone run a fw emulator which is why DA had to make the henC patch so it enabled kernel mode(which has a sh!t load of memory :D) for 2.71

dudeass
November 1st, 2006, 18:32
thanks for that it cleared some things up

LilSwish722
November 2nd, 2006, 01:14
would it be possible to create Hen-C on 2.8 or would that require access to flash0 and full kernal access?

mesosade
November 2nd, 2006, 10:02
a downgrader will be possible one day. just like there will NEVER be a downgrader for 2.6....umm than what happened??? it was released! lol

Stinger_{Dark_Chaos}
November 12th, 2006, 22:43
Yea exactly like i said on my last post people said tha 2.7 and + could never be DG but look they may call tha 2.71 tha "Golden" firmware hmph!!! can u belive that? well its been a while since anyone said anything about tha 2.8 firmware lol i wonder whats going on well seems to me like this firmware could be tha hardest to DG flash1 flash0 shit load of memory lol wow alot of stuff to deal with just to dg a freakin firmware!?!?! im still on 2.8 and im just still waiting