PDA

View Full Version : Bricked Supercard?

mclark
September 24th, 2006, 14:44
Last week I noticed some minor graphical glitches on the Supercard logo when starting up my NDS.
On subsequent reboots the glitches got worse and worse, until the logo was just a garbled mess.
The menu system still worked fine, but no DS games would now start. The memory display that clocks up when Roms are loaded would just go on indefinitely.
GBA roms continued to work fine, and the DS itself was fine with proper DS roms.

I figured something had messed up the Supercard firmware, and tried to flash it with the latest version. The flashing process went through the full progess (I think it's a percentage displayed? Got all the way anyway)
But then the screen stayed blank. I left it for a while, but it was obviously not doing anything. So I took a risk a rebooted, and sure enough it's now dead. The DS doesn't even recognise theres something in the GBA port.

Is there a way to fix it?

Junixx
September 24th, 2006, 16:17
Could it be a fake? :confused: I never heard of something like that happening

Amethyst
September 25th, 2006, 00:46
Ouch. That's scary.

Lorestel
September 27th, 2006, 08:45
Sounds like a problem I used to have with my old gbamp. Something was apparently loose and I had to use rubber bands on it to keep the cf card tightly in place. Eventually, it became so terrible that I had to replace it.