PDA

View Full Version : PSP homebrew worries.

~Tidus~
September 24th, 2006, 18:24
I am just wondering if i do buy a psp i have this plan. But i am worried it will go wrong.

1. buy a new psp and downgrade the firmware to 1.5.

2. put my .gba .nes files on my psp.

what i am asking is is it that simple? would i have to put an emulator application on the psp and then run the .nes and .gba files of the emulator?

And also when is there anyone who can say that you can play N64 games perfectly o0n a psp?

Also once you have downgraded is there any risks? Can you update it back?

Video_freak
September 24th, 2006, 18:26
It's that simple. Just put the ROMs on and play. :)
There is no PERFECT N64 emulation, but some games run almost full speed with no graphical glitches. :)
There are SMALL chances of bricking while downgrading. You can always update later. :)

~Tidus~
September 24th, 2006, 18:28
if i brick when i downgrade what happens?

Video_freak
September 24th, 2006, 18:29
Your PSP won't be able to start up and will be as useful as a brick. Don't worry though, it doesn't happen if you follow directions. ;)

~Tidus~
September 24th, 2006, 18:33
ok so to be safe could i buy a 1.5 firmware PSP and use it for emulators and still play PSP games fine?

Are you sure that all i have to do is stick the roms on the psp and they will just work? Don't you haqve to launch and app to use them?

Thanks

dejkirkby
September 24th, 2006, 18:36
You will need an emulator to run them. You can get them from the news page of this site.

~Tidus~
September 24th, 2006, 18:38
Oki dokie people it sounds good. i will save for a psp but i still have one more question. Can anyone give me a garrentee that downgrading will work. And that when i upgrade again it will be ok as well?

Video_freak
September 24th, 2006, 18:39
Well, you download an emulator (easy to install, I'll help if you need ;)) and then just launch the ROM from there.
And yes, I can guarantee you. Don't sue me though.

dejkirkby
September 24th, 2006, 18:40
There is NO guarantee. But follow the instructions correctly and you'll be fine. Same thing with upgrading. Concerning upgrading, if you get DevHook, you won't need to upgrade!

~Tidus~
September 24th, 2006, 18:48
i just had a look at dev hooks downgrader.

Whats so good about devhooks?

Video_freak
September 24th, 2006, 18:49
Devhook lets you emulate up to 2.71 on a 1.5 PSP. :)

~Tidus~
September 24th, 2006, 18:59
wow. So do i have to downgrade the PSP and then use devhooks thing or just use devhooks downgrader and it will emulate 2.7 anyway?

wow thats some good... stuff

Cooe14
September 25th, 2006, 01:24
wow. So do i have to downgrade the PSP and then use devhooks thing or just use devhooks downgrader and it will emulate 2.7 anyway?

wow thats some good... stuff
You have to downgrade to a 1.5. Then with that 1.5 you run DevHook which will then boot your PSP into firmware 2.71 (not permently but, so you can run all the newest games without permently upgrading) until your turn it off. When you turn it back on it will be 1.5 again.