PDA

View Full Version : Total CD Toasters!

Kaspanova
September 25th, 2006, 03:49
I must have used 12-15 cds trying to burn images with no apparant succession.

i used to able to burn emulators back in the day, but now i suck royally. is there a certain version of a DiscJuggler.. (3.0 maybe?) Nero.. that i need for them to boot on the DC? If so, could you give me a link pease.

I'm having no luck on google with DJ 3.0 by the way..

kando
September 25th, 2006, 04:47
heres a tip....when it asks what speed you want to burn the cd at, burn it at a very SLOW speed....sometimes when it burns fast theres more room for the cd to fail burning :)

Eric
September 25th, 2006, 13:17
I was having bad success with new versions of Nero and Disc Juggler aswell. I know for a fact that i believe 6.0 and up of Nero wont work cause theres something missing in this version that allows you to play them on the Dreamcast. With Disc Juggler i dont know. With both of those being failures for the Dreamcast i turned to Alcohol 128% and i suggest you buy that wicked program cause its wicked thats all folks.

Eric

Darksaviour69
September 25th, 2006, 13:42
with newer version of nero use TAO instead of DAO (make sure you make a TAO image)

or just use bootdreams to burn the cd images

Shuin0
September 25th, 2006, 14:47
Ya I know what u mean with burning these disc's I've wasted a good 5 or 6 CDs yesterday with games but I think its just the CDI files I was using for some games cause I burned them all the same way but yet some don't work.

and something i saw in a post before about people saying stuff about downloading games and such being illegal. I'd like to say that since no one makes dreamcast games anymore whats the point in buying them? Cause the money doesn't go to the maker of the game. The only people who see that money are ebayer's selling games more then they are worth.

But thats just my 2 cents.. i refuse to buy games that are used and the maker gets nothing from it.

Darksaviour69
September 25th, 2006, 14:51
why buy a book from a second had store, hell why buy anything second hand then?

Shuin0
September 25th, 2006, 15:09
I don't try to buy anything second hand

Darksaviour69
September 25th, 2006, 15:13
i c, very good, still it doesn't change the law

selling second hand = legal
downloading ripped commerical game = illegal

if you have a problem with that i would suggest contacting your local law maker guy

Kaspanova
September 25th, 2006, 16:29
OK i got Alcohol 120%.

can you tell me from these image attachments, if anything is wrong in the RED areas that i have highlighted? It shouldn't go wrong...

Thanks!

Shuin0
September 25th, 2006, 16:57
Everything looks good what ur doing in Alcohol (Loved how u blacked out the dir's lol) but with that CDI file try to burn it onto a CD with bootdream rather then alcohol

kando
September 25th, 2006, 17:02
try WRITE SPEED: 1x

cheers!

Kaspanova
September 25th, 2006, 17:05
i'll try that, it didnt work in Alcohol tho.

Next stop, BootDreams!

I don't have write speed 1X on Alcohol. 4X is lowest.

I'll let you know how it works with BD.

kando
September 25th, 2006, 17:09
4x is the lowest? weird....

Kaspanova
September 25th, 2006, 17:34
No not that either. ah well. thanks anyways guys

kando
September 25th, 2006, 17:34
go to radioshack and buy a dvd player cleaner...its a cd w/ brushes thatll clean the lens n stuff on ur burner....worth a shot :)

Shuin0
September 25th, 2006, 19:09
Most new burners won't write CD's at 1x anymore thats why you don't see it

Christuserloeser
September 25th, 2006, 20:40
So you're using a CDR (80min/700mb) ? and not a CDRW ? CDRWs do not work. CDRs do.

I'd recommend to download an image from www.DCEvolution.net and see if you get that to burn with Alcohol120%. All the images we host at DCEvo are tested.

The burning speed has little to none effect on if your DC recognizes the disc.

Does your Dreamcast still play GDROMs (original games) ? As there's a chance that the laser is worn out (but that can be fixed in about 5 minutes).

SSaxdude
September 25th, 2006, 21:43
i c, very good, still it doesn't change the law

selling second hand = legal
downloading ripped commerical game = illegal

if you have a problem with that i would suggest contacting your local law maker guy
I don't trust Gamestop with ANY DC game because they threw out all the cases and most are scratched.

Mourningstar
September 26th, 2006, 01:55
I use Alcohol and always burn at max speed and never had a problem...

Kaspanova
October 1st, 2006, 21:00
problem solved! old CD-RW Drive. I bought a DVD-RW Drive. everythings sweet. thanks for the help guys

VampDude
October 3rd, 2006, 00:29
problem solved! old CD-RW Drive. I bought a DVD-RW Drive. everythings sweet. thanks for the help guys

now re-try Alcohol120%, burn speed 16x always does it for me as it's the lowest it goes to on mine