PDA

View Full Version : Getting to think the psx-p is gonna go anywhere?

Tetris999
September 25th, 2006, 15:35
i dunno by the looks of it the newemulator suckzors im not insulting im just saying but i think if with a little time they can make it betta anyway what do you think?

dejkirkby
September 25th, 2006, 15:38
To be honest, I never got any games to even leave the white menu screen, but it may have been a bios problem. (I have the sphc1001.bin). But after reading posts, things look good for this emu.

Malksta
September 25th, 2006, 15:59
Wait and see.

Tetris999
September 25th, 2006, 17:27
i hope so dude

kando
September 25th, 2006, 17:35
i can wait for devhook 3.00 :)

dejkirkby
September 25th, 2006, 17:40
i can wait for devhook 3.00 :)
Errr. Thanks for that!
Back on Topic, I have taken this emulator off as it isn't in accordance with the GPL.

splodger15
September 25th, 2006, 17:41
To be honest, I never got any games to even leave the white menu screen, but it may have been a bios problem. (I have the sphc1001.bin).

yeh same here

Tetris999
September 25th, 2006, 18:56
i think he means by 3.00 devhook is the psp emulator made by sony

Rocksil
September 25th, 2006, 18:59
to say the truth sony will not release their ps1 emu until they have made the firmware which is unhackable

silver32
September 25th, 2006, 19:04
Untill sony will make an unhackable firmware we might be able to digitally sign the applications =p

splodger15
September 25th, 2006, 19:07
to say the truth sony will not release their ps1 emu until they have made the firmware which is unhackable

that will never happen

Rocksil
September 25th, 2006, 19:09
if sony should block the tiff hack. how would we be able to hack it.

dejkirkby
September 25th, 2006, 19:13
The coders that are working against Sony are a lot better than the ones working for Sony. Sony are always reacting to "our" coders hacks, so they are one step behind. There will be coders working on a new exploit soon enough!

one winged angel
September 25th, 2006, 19:17
true

iball
September 25th, 2006, 19:17
The coders that are working against Sony are a lot better than the ones working for Sony. Sony are always reacting to "our" coders hacks, so they are one step behind. There will be coders working on a new exploit soon enough!
Umm...wrong.
Sony is just updating newer firmware versions with newer versions of the open-source libraries they are using.
That's all.
To date only ONE "hack" has been slammed by Sony and that was the GTA savegame eloader hack.
The rest were just Sony using newer versions of the TIFF library that had already been patched by others.

Rocksil
September 25th, 2006, 19:21
well thats a good answer but sony hanst told us wen the ps1 emulator is comin out so they could wait like another year b4 sony officailly releases it and as we find every possible hack towards every fimware sony brings out on the psp eventually sony will make an unhackalbe firmware.

dejkirkby
September 25th, 2006, 19:26
Umm...wrong.
Sony is just updating newer firmware versions with newer versions of the open-source libraries they are using.
That's all.
To date only ONE "hack" has been slammed by Sony and that was the GTA savegame eloader hack.
The rest were just Sony using newer versions of the TIFF library that had already been patched by others.
I never metioned Sony public slating exploits. The fact is The GTA eloader hack was discovered, then patched by Sony. The TIFF exploited was discovered then patched by Sony.

Zion
September 25th, 2006, 19:29
Talk about going off topic :p

splodger15
September 25th, 2006, 19:30
i think they should have kept the TIFF exploit quiet until 3.00 firmware comes out

ACID
September 25th, 2006, 19:33
i dunno by the looks of it the newemulator suckzors im not insulting im just saying but i think if with a little time they can make it betta anyway what do you think?
Time will tell. And hopefully they can figure out something to make the games smaller cause they take of to much space

dejkirkby
September 25th, 2006, 19:39
Time will tell. And hopefully they can figure out something to make the games smaller cause they take of to much space
It would be great if the emulator could run zip files!

Rocksil
September 25th, 2006, 19:40
It would be great if the emulator could run zip files!
or rar bcos its smaller

ACID
September 25th, 2006, 19:43
or rar bcos its smaller
Hey why not 7zip if we are hoping right doesnt get any smaller

Tetris999
September 25th, 2006, 20:10
yeah taht wud be cool

JD/
September 25th, 2006, 23:21
This emulator is only a beta or alpha wahtever i see it more as a POC people are expecting more because of the propaganda created for this emulator I think its going to be just like daedalus but when a proper dynarec is implented we will see a large speed boost.

jus my two pence :D

the_eternal_dark
September 26th, 2006, 00:02
This emu is going somewhere, especially it keeps being updated. I remember when daedalus was crap when it came out and look now, many games run.

Tetris999
September 26th, 2006, 02:47
This emulator is only a beta or alpha wahtever i see it more as a POC people are expecting more because of the propaganda created for this emulator I think its going to be just like daedalus but when a proper dynarec is implented we will see a large speed boost.

jus my two pence :D

i agree

JKKDARK
September 26th, 2006, 02:54
this emu will die..

acn010
September 26th, 2006, 03:07
such as gba emu, it will happend to this psx emu, running full speed

mavsman4457
September 26th, 2006, 03:08
this emu will die..
I disagree. With such a high demand, it will be continued.

M!ckeY
September 26th, 2006, 03:09
i sure hope it continues :)

slik da relic
September 26th, 2006, 03:40
one must remember the people working for Sony, actually WORK for Sony. they are gettin paid for a days work, 40 hours a week +... and they get all the necessary tools, files, and apps to make the emu work fast and efficiently. the coders that do an excellent job here is doin it when they got time... thats the ONLY reason it takes so long to get it up to speed. remember, DGEN took a whole year to be a good emu. i had PSPGenesis on my Psp for a long time b4 i switched. this is not their day job. they got lives outside of this also.

da relic

M!ckeY
September 26th, 2006, 03:46
damn relic, you do live up to your avatar..you really sound like yoda:D

NoQuarter
September 26th, 2006, 03:54
This is all very much an issue of the open source evolution of software,point blank open source is the way of the future!!!

On another note to refer to some earlier comments,IMHO there is NOTHING that is unhackable.Simply because there are so many ways to write code that soes the same things.

I guess Yoshihiro hasn't made any statement or release of the souce code yet as we are not hosting the emu again yet.I really wanna know what he has to say.

M!ckeY
September 26th, 2006, 04:13
yeah i'm also interested to hear what he is going to say.

Forever~Zero
September 26th, 2006, 04:19
Wasnt Dark_Alex working with the Yoshihiro? I think i saw somewhere that Dark_Alex is suppose to work on a file or code on the PSX Emu but he is busy on the 2.71 HEN.

Oh another note. Nothing is unhackable. Look at the 2.71 scene. i never thought i could have downgraded my 2.71 and play with Homebrew and all those great things you can do.

dagger89
September 26th, 2006, 05:13
I'm debating if DA is working on the PSX-P emu... Look at his site... NO news about it... And he seems constantly busy... I'm starting to doubt we'll get very far...

I wish linuzapps would come back and code for the psp... Then we'd get a PROPER PCSX port... that would run well

slik da relic
September 27th, 2006, 05:07
damn relic, you do live up to your avatar..you really sound like yoda:D

may the Force be with you... young grasshoppa.

da relic

Tetris999
September 27th, 2006, 05:55
its dead as far as i know of it

pibs
September 27th, 2006, 05:59
i decided to boycott it and i will just use the other one that's coming up. supposably it runs 90% of the games

demondude777
September 27th, 2006, 08:07
It is sad that this thing died so fast. After waiting for so long the thing lasted for 2 days. Now everyone has moved on because there are so few games that it supports.

I don't want to give up hope...but it isn't looking too good for this. I'd hate to say it, but I might just have to rely on Sony for a working Playstation emulator.

quzar
September 27th, 2006, 10:20

You can't legally. If any discussion with how to ever pops up here it won't stay for long.

i decided to boycott it and i will just use the other one that's coming up. supposably it runs 90% of the games

I would wager the reason that is being so highly touted is because nobody would care about it if speed were discussed.