PDA

View Full Version : Snes9xtyl rom extention?

VvdamionvV
September 25th, 2006, 17:02
Using Snes9xtyl with elaoder 9.9 or .99 or whatever it is using tiff exploit, I can get the app to load however i canot see any of the roms i put onto the mem stick. I have tried The files with no extention, .ram, .rom , and zipped. still no go.... i can brows to the directory where i know i put the roms but it will not list any. Is there a particular extention that the roms need to have for SNES9xtyl to recognise them.. Or is there something i am just doing wrong? I have tried 2 differant versions of Snes9x same issues with both.. I have my NesterJ working just fine.. Kinda cool playing Zelda, and Kid Icarus on the PSP..

Thanks for any help..

kando
September 25th, 2006, 17:06
.smc

and u can then zip them :)

VvdamionvV
September 25th, 2006, 17:10
.smc

and u can then zip them :)

OK I'm assuming that the snes9x looks inside the zip to see if there is a smc file extention inside it and if not it does not list the file... i'll give it a try in a min.. .thanks for the info . also in zip format does it have to decompress the zip somehow internally to the sd card before it runs.

VvdamionvV
September 25th, 2006, 18:12
Thanks, That worked like a charm both ziped and unziped. http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
:D

It runs a little slow. I set the frame skip to 2 and that helped alot.. is there any other setting you would recommend to help the performance a bit.

VvdamionvV
September 25th, 2006, 19:03
Nevermind i Got it , Set frameskip to 1 and lowered the sound sampling rate..