PDA

View Full Version : [Tutorial] Getting Reverse devhook to work on 2.71

razorak
September 26th, 2006, 09:06
Ok, since i got back from school and there's no tutorial so i've decided to make one

Couple of things
If u're using a 2.6 or 2.5 ta-082 mobo deciding to upgrade, you may want to dump your firmware first. this will allow u to use your old firmware through devhook on 2.71. I'd recommend fileassistant 0.06 tiff version.

You may also want to chage the settings of the files in the HEN folder to be Read-only. After using it a couple more times it didn't seem to work but the moment i replaed them, it worked again...lol.

What u need:
a .bmp file
HenB
Devhook launcher for 2.71

This is what i did to get it running, thus there may be some files which are not requried but i added them anyway. Any extra information that can be provided will be extremely helpful to make this tutorial better.

Step 1: Get the files from the devhook launcher and HEN, shift them onto your psp.

Removable Disk F
dh
PSP
-MUSIC
-GAME
--%__SCE__DH_ENG
--__SCE__DH_ENG
--DH_ENG271
-PHOTO
--HEN
-SAVEDATA

Step 2:
Inside the dh folder, there are other folders like 150 , 150F, 260 etc

U place the 1.50 dump inside the 150 folder (both the flash0, flash1 and reboot.bin) and i'm not too sure if this is necessary but i placed a copy of the flash0 from the 1.5 dump inside the 150F folder

Step 3:

also a little trick i picked up while doing this for a friend
To make the "hen" patch to load ALOT easier:
1. place a .bmp in /psp/photo
2. highlight the .bmp
3. press X
4. hit home
5. move to HEN folder wait 3 sec
5. press start (will crash) but should work
6. reboot
7. do steps 2-5
8. When on the HEN folder hit x

wad i did was set my wallpaper to a .bmp...lol

Step 4:
Run Hen, cross your fingers, pray to God wish upon a shooting star and if it's the first time u're running it, a green screen represents you're good to go and it'll reboot to the xmb. If it's red, try again and keep trying until you get the green screen.

Step 4:
Go to the game menu and run devhook 0.4X for 2.71. Select 1.5 firmware. It'll pop out a game could not be started error and u'll pop up at the 1.5 XMB. Have fun.

Step 5: This step was added after i used it more.
You may want to make all the files that do not need to be overwritten as read-only.
I'm currently facing loads of corrupted files and have no way to deal with them =/

dejkirkby
September 26th, 2006, 09:22
Sweet tutorial Razorak, I'm super-psyched it worked for you!! How long have you waited for 1.5 on your TA-082!!

BL4Z3D247
September 26th, 2006, 09:27
razorak check ur PM's

razorak
September 26th, 2006, 10:13
any1 know how to get rid of corrupted files on e psp?? EasyCorruption fixer doesn't work anymore.

BL4Z3D247
September 26th, 2006, 10:19
if anyone needs the more stable Hen B go here http://dax.lan.st/ works the 1st time(crashes maybe 1 outta 6 times)

mbr7
September 26th, 2006, 11:40
great Tutorial .. But Just a trick i found out to make the HEN to load all the time instead of keep trying over and over again I noticed that fanjitas tiff eLoader was way more stable than this so I delited the Picture in HEN called RAND and changed it to the one Named AAAA in the 2.71 eLoader that fanjita made and know it's so stable so it loads all the time

razorak
September 26th, 2006, 11:50
i'll see if it works...thanks for telling

princelesta
September 28th, 2006, 09:37
Ok, since i got back from school and there's no tutorial so i've decided to make one

Couple of things
If u're using a 2.6 or 2.5 ta-082 mobo deciding to upgrade, you may want to dump your firmware first. this will allow u to use your old firmware through devhook on 2.71. I'd recommend fileassistant 0.06 tiff version.

You may also want to chage the settings of the files in the HEN folder to be Read-only. After using it a couple more times it didn't seem to work but the moment i replaed them, it worked again...lol.

What u need:
a .bmp file
HenB
Devhook launcher for 2.71

This is what i did to get it running, thus there may be some files which are not requried but i added them anyway. Any extra information that can be provided will be extremely helpful to make this tutorial better.

Step 1: Get the files from the devhook launcher and HEN, shift them onto your psp.

Removable Disk F
dh
PSP
-MUSIC
-GAME
--%__SCE__DH_ENG
--__SCE__DH_ENG
--DH_ENG271
-PHOTO
--HEN
-SAVEDATA

Step 2:
Inside the dh folder, there are other folders like 150 , 150F, 260 etc

U place the 1.50 dump inside the 150 folder (both the flash0, flash1 and reboot.bin) and i'm not too sure if this is necessary but i placed a copy of the flash0 from the 1.5 dump inside the 150F folder

Step 3:

wad i did was set my wallpaper to a .bmp...lol

Step 4:
Run Hen, cross your fingers, pray to God wish upon a shooting star and if it's the first time u're running it, a green screen represents you're good to go and it'll reboot to the xmb. If it's red, try again and keep trying until you get the green screen.

Step 4:
Go to the game menu and run devhook 0.4X for 2.71. Select 1.5 firmware. It'll pop out a game could not be started error and u'll pop up at the 1.5 XMB. Have fun.

Step 5: This step was added after i used it more.
You may want to make all the files that do not need to be overwritten as read-only.
I'm currently facing loads of corrupted files and have no way to deal with them =/

I have followed this guide and also other guides but all i seem to get is a quick blue screen then a black screen then the psp just switches off.
am i doing anything wrong? ive tried it about 100 times already and not getting anywhere.

Its just the HenB i seem to be having trouble with.

any help please?

BL4Z3D247
September 28th, 2006, 09:47
when u get a blue screen it should reboot ur psp automatically if it doesn't reboot but if u get a blue screen without an automatic reboot u need to try it again and wait for both the blue screen and a reboot

razorak
September 28th, 2006, 09:47
are u using the improved binary version as Bl8z3d suggested? if it doesn't work, try changing the rand.jpg with th AAA.gif from eloader. If it still doesn't work, remove the copy of henb on your mem stick and then reinstall it, meaning make another fresh copy on your comp and transfer it to your psp.

ACID
September 28th, 2006, 09:57
Nice tutorial hope it works for all you guys.

BL4Z3D247
September 28th, 2006, 10:03
awesome tip with the swapping out the RAND file with the AAA file for the eloader, works flawlessly

@razorak: get 2.6 working yet?

razorak
September 28th, 2006, 10:08
the tip is from mbr7 =)
credit goes to him for sharing it :)

i'm still trying hard...lol

BL4Z3D247
September 28th, 2006, 10:13
the tip is from mbr7 =)
credit goes to him for sharing it :)
yeh i know i saw it :) thanx mbr7

princelesta
September 28th, 2006, 14:28
awesome tip with the swapping out the RAND file with the AAA file for the eloader, works flawlessly

@razorak: get 2.6 working yet?

where can i find the aaa file? ive searched everyehere and no luck...:(

ive tried the fresh re0install of henB and yes using the latest revised version but still no luck.

psp freezes then goes blue, stays on black screen for a little while then switches off.

razorak
September 28th, 2006, 14:52
srry my bad. go get eloader 099 and install it on your psp. it'll be in the photo folder. And ther is the marvelous aaa.gif =)

i'll try to put it up...srry again

edit:it's up here. the zip only includes the aaa.gif file

princelesta
September 28th, 2006, 16:55
srry my bad. go get eloader 099 and install it on your psp. it'll be in the photo folder. And ther is the marvelous aaa.gif =)

thanx man!
ur a star *
listen is this right, i connec to my pc, access my ms..go to the henB folder and delete Rand and replce with aaa ?

correct me if am wrong bruv

thanx again for the tips and help

princelesta
September 28th, 2006, 17:08

WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW I GET ON :D

splodger15
September 28th, 2006, 21:04
any1 know how to get rid of corrupted files on e psp?? EasyCorruption fixer doesn't work anymore.

sei psp tool

razorak
September 29th, 2006, 13:52
sei psp tool

i was actually referring to files that cannot be deleted with weird names and file sizes like 400GB which i solved by giving my mem stick a much needed reformat...troublesome but necessary...lol

princelesta
September 29th, 2006, 15:43
no luck :-(

still only get blue screen and psp switches off....

hmmm any suggestions?
help :-(

razorak
September 30th, 2006, 13:05
did u replace the h.bin and all from the newer henb with better binary loading when u replaced henb with the newer henb?

If u have a UMD in the UMD drive remove it.
Wait for the whole of your photo loader to load as well.

If it doesn't work the last thing i can do is to send you the files that i use.

edit: there's a hen revision_c...lol

princelesta
September 30th, 2006, 21:13
did u replace the h.bin and all from the newer henb with better binary loading when u replaced henb with the newer henb?

ill try revision c first lol
yeh removed all files...done a fresh format...and no luck.....god i must have tried about 1000000 times now lol....well feels like it lol
well as am fasting i got loadsa time on my hands hehehe
let me try revision c and will let u no bruv
thanx yeh

suhail

Mushslap
October 1st, 2006, 01:30
What Is Reverse Devhook?

razorak
October 1st, 2006, 04:18
it is basically using devhook to emulate 1.5 on a 2.71 psp

Mushslap
October 1st, 2006, 14:44
oh i get it

princelesta
October 1st, 2006, 21:28

Bruv thanx for all ur help
Works first time...and everytime with henC lol

I can get to 1.5 from dev hook....to get from 1.5 bak to 2.71 (emulate 2.71) to play the newer *ahem* things lol....
do i need the 2.71 dump?

cheers

S

Vendeta
October 2nd, 2006, 02:21
k i need the a.bmp file and i cant find the 1.50 dump folder...

princelesta
October 2nd, 2006, 14:44
k i need the a.bmp file and i cant find the 1.50 dump folder...

The a.bmp is any bmp pic and just rename it to a.bmp

and the 1.50 folder can be found in the dh folder on ur MS and the folder is named 150.

Need more help then holler

:-)

razorak
October 2nd, 2006, 15:15
that step can be skipped if you want, regarding that bmp file as background. The most important things would be having the right files and no UMD in the drive.

u can get 1.5 dumps from psp-hacks (http://www.psp-hacks.com/category/37)and the 2.6 as well as 2.71 dumps from devhook 046 ultimate installer (http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/673)

will be trying it wif hen C once i get back from school tml...psp's batt is always flat :p

p.S btw u can emulate 2.71 from devhook 0.4X directly, u don't need to emulate 1.5 first. It's what i do for flash compat since i dun have a wireless internet near me...:) still trying to get cheatdevice for gta to work though...lol

splodger15
October 2nd, 2006, 20:02
psp's batt is always flat

Same here

princelesta
October 2nd, 2006, 21:27
that step can be skipped if you want, regarding that bmp file as background. The most important things would be having the right files and no UMD in the drive.

u can get 1.5 dumps from psp-hacks (http://www.psp-hacks.com/category/37)and the 2.6 as well as 2.71 dumps from devhook 046 ultimate installer (http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/673)

will be trying it wif hen C once i get back from school tml...psp's batt is always flat :p

p.S btw u can emulate 2.71 from devhook 0.4X directly, u don't need to emulate 1.5 first. It's what i do for flash compat since i dun have a wireless internet near me...:) still trying to get cheatdevice for gta to work though...lol

cool

let me know how u get on....
yeh ive managed to emulater 2.71 flash...the possiblites are endless lol
thanx for your help...its much appreciated friend

S

mnuhaily22
October 6th, 2006, 14:17
Great news, I new it would work for you...f=good to see that

Ahoy
October 7th, 2006, 02:52
heya everyone, just started with this whole emulating thing today. I've managed to install and HENC and devhook properly, the only problem now is...I don't know how to run the isos my friends gave me lol. XD Are there certain steps or procedures I'm supposed to go thru? Cause I'm completely stump now after getting this for...lol. Thanks

NoQuarter
October 7th, 2006, 02:58
Psp ISO discussion is forbidden here.

Ahoy
October 7th, 2006, 03:28
ah, is that so. sorry about that, didn't read the rules yet.

WhiteVice
October 17th, 2006, 22:48
I have a TA-082, (with IC1003) and I've been really ticked. But I think this'll help. I don't ahve any games, so I'm really looking for a way to homebrew.. safely. I'm concerned about Bricking but apparently there's always a chance of that happening with every new stuff. Now we're told NOT to upgrade.. what's with that?

Anyway, I sent Razorak an email asking if he could maybe walk me through this. I'm a noob to the PSP world and this is kinda over my head.

He hasn't gotten back to me yet, so I'm hoping someone would be kind enough to help here.

I basically need some clarification with whether this is specifically for us TA-082ers, and what I have to download. I assume you go through the USB cable for the transfers?

Again I apologize, got my PSP two days ago, and found out it was a "cursed" one yesterday.

Thank you

*****EDIT***
Whoops! I accidently typed 083 and IC1006, that's not the case. Sorry, my bad.

I'm an TA-082 (IC1003).

Dreadchao
October 21st, 2006, 07:41
so yea... im having the same problem as others... i get a blue screen for like... 20 seconds... and then black.. then off.... ive tried alot but i cant seem to get it... any help:confused: