PDA

View Full Version : Half Broken UMD Drive plz help

jrsmaster411
September 26th, 2006, 15:39
Ok theirs something wrong with my umd Drive it's really weird. It can runs small games like lumines, dynasty warriors, or my gangs of london demo.

When I try to run gta it gets to the loading screen and when its about half way done it just stops then th umd drive starts making a clicking sound but it doesn't freeze cause I can still press home. can someone help me. Whats wrong with my psp and how do I fix it?

cloud_952
September 26th, 2006, 16:11
Hmm.. maybe the lens is having a hard time moving to the outer regions of the disc? That's the only thing I can think of, especially to address why game size would impact what works.

I'm thinking it may be related to the motor or the track that moves the lens back and forth. o_O More data means more is burned further out, and possibly your PSP isn't able to access those regions. Might want to take a look and see if there's anything obstructing it.

jrsmaster411
September 26th, 2006, 17:05
so do I have to open my psp cause I can't see anything by just opening the umd drive

Zion
September 26th, 2006, 18:34
read the rules, your not allowed to discuss backups, im going to edit it out of your post....discuss what the thread was supposed to be about please :p

ACID
September 26th, 2006, 18:50
Why dont you try one of the umd cleners out on the market now. Sounds like a dirty lens. If that doesnt work something is enableling the lens to move all the way out.

Zion
September 26th, 2006, 19:13
When installing my other motherboard after i sent the other one to apok, i broke my umd drive :p

it wouldnt do anything...

Took it apart again and messed about and thank god it worked again :D

jrsmaster411
September 27th, 2006, 15:30
I guess I'll try to get that umd cleaner if that doesn't work I'm gonna have to open it and clean it myself

ACID
September 27th, 2006, 15:32
I guess I'll try to get that umd cleaner if that doesn't work I'm gonna have to open it and clean it myself
If the cleaner doesnt work. The lens has to small conectors that glide the lens left and right check thoes first sometimes it can just be a little scuge bloking its movement:D