PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe in god??

krowstrife
July 10th, 2004, 12:51
hey, i've had this decussion at many a forum
so what is your opinion
i personally don't believe in a god of any kind

curt_grymala
July 10th, 2004, 16:47
I certainly do.

DemoniusX
July 10th, 2004, 20:07
yes, because if he wasn't real the miracles that have happend to me and my family would have never happend, we owe god much?

krowstrife
July 10th, 2004, 20:41
yes, because if he wasn't real the miracles that have happend to me and my family would have never happend, we owe god much?

oh the miracles for you
what about the 5000 children who starve to death every hour
or the people who die from cancer

DemoniusX
July 10th, 2004, 20:58
that is for god to answer, not us, and for your info christian communities go there and help feed children with our help, why? cuz christains are the most caring people I know.

vipor231
July 10th, 2004, 21:09
hey demoniusx email me at [email protected] if you want to chat about gaming

krowstrife
July 10th, 2004, 22:15
hey vip you prick, don't spamm in my pole

demoniusx if there was a god he would let inoccent children die for no reason

yeah christian a the most caring people, ever hear of the damn crusades
the try to force there believes on everyone else
they judge people for not beleiving what they do

don't judge people thats what your so called gods job is

as for the christian community's help
when have you ever even thought about any one who is a christian who needs help, let alone do anything
maybe you can pray for them before you go to sleep
you hypocrite

guymelef
July 11th, 2004, 00:06
whatever.

Eric
July 11th, 2004, 02:59
hey dude if your going to make a post like this your going to expect some anger it is a game forum not a religious forum

souLLy
July 11th, 2004, 03:43
krowstrife: you do not OWN this thread just because you started it. Also please do not be so ignorant of other people's views. Just because you do not agree with someone else's viewpoint (or more likely understand or have any knowlege of) then please keep your opinions to yourself. thanks.

Eric
July 11th, 2004, 03:57
Well first of all i do want to add something about your judging theory in the bible it says this i forget the chapter anyways it says do not look at a person who has a log sticking out of there nose and tell them that there is a log sticking out of it when you have a something hanging out of your eyes take out whatever is in your eye before you tell a person what they have in there nose you cant judge them before you judge yourself

Not sure if this makes sense i dont care just making a point i dont want to start anger battles or nothing i usually dont get involved with this kind of dirty work

curt_grymala
July 11th, 2004, 09:37
Well first of all i do want to add something about your judging theory in the bible it says this i forget the chapter anyways it says do not look at a person who has a log sticking out of there nose and tell them that there is a log sticking out of it when you have a something hanging out of your eyes take out whatever is in your eye before you tell a person what they have in there nose you cant judge them before you judge yourself

Not sure if this makes sense i dont care just making a point i dont want to start anger battles or nothing i usually dont get involved with this kind of dirty work

I found the quote to which you were referring:

Matthew Chapter 7:1-5
1 "Do not judge so that you will not be judged. 2 "For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you. 3 "Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? 4 "Or how can you say to your brother, `Let me take the speck out of your eye,' and behold, the log is in your own eye? 5 "You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

shabbadoo
July 11th, 2004, 10:53
personally i think and know that it is not god that lets ppl die. it is adam and eve the first parents faults, because they sinned in the garden of eden and that gave mankind the curse of death.but there is a hope jesus sacrifice has pathed the way for ppl to be forgiven of their sins and in the end god will do away with death.

vipor231
July 11th, 2004, 20:41
i think this topic should just be deleted and i have every right to post what i want there strife so dont be calling me a prick your not a admin or god himself so get off the board.... thank you and GOOD NIGHT

krowstrife
July 11th, 2004, 20:44
personally i think and know that it is not god that lets ppl die. it is adam and eve the first parents faults, because they sinned in the garden of eden and that gave mankind the curse of death.but there is a hope jesus sacrifice has pathed the way for ppl to be forgiven of their sins and in the end god will do away with death.

ok i understand your point but didn't jesus wash those
sins away when gave his live for christain sin

soully, i do understand the christain views i used to be a christian (went to church and all) what i don't understand how christains can believe if some thing that *they have not see prove of, just the bible which has had many different storys taken out and changed
and most of the new testiment was written hundreds of years after christ live and death

i know its not my pole , but vipor231 spammed in this pole because we had an agrument in this pole (he removed is previsous posts and i removed my)

i have no problem with people of other believes, but most christain I know (besides my friend) seem to freak and judge when i tll them i don't belive in god
they are all like you are going to hell
whats wrong with you *

demoniusx sorry for my previous post but your post angered me i apologise

vipor i have no problem if you post, just not when its off topic as for the prick thing you are not prick
just want you posted early was very prick like
my bad ::)

vipor231
July 11th, 2004, 20:47
um i did not spam in here mr strife... i just found it weird talking about something like that even if its in a off topic board.this is a emulation site... sorry if i sounded like a jerk to you or something...

krowstrife
July 11th, 2004, 20:52
well it was of topic
by a mile j/k

WHurricane16
July 11th, 2004, 21:14
Still, this can be a very good discussion if people stray from knocking each other's view points ;) So, carry on.

krowstrife
July 11th, 2004, 21:31
Still, this can be a very good discussion if people stray from knocking each other's view points ;) *So, carry on.

i most certainly agree

tinku
July 11th, 2004, 23:56
ROFL !!!!!!!

krowstrife
July 12th, 2004, 00:10
ROFL !!!!!!!
if you don't like something you don't have to post here
or you can express your veiw in an actuall thought

popley
July 12th, 2004, 01:02
well, some people are weak and depend on a flase hope (ie god) they need something in there life, someone that knows what they are going through, so they turn to "god" for anwsers. I don't mind people who believe in religion, it just pisses me off when parents push god into their childern at a very earily age. if you get bapties (can't spell) you can never get rid of that, i mean its taking away someones rights.

Strift
July 12th, 2004, 03:14
what about the 5000 children who starve to death every hour
or the people who die from cancer

true, but who says god has to save the children or people with cancer? Sure i beleive in god, but not ne necessarily the stereotypical god that everyone thinks exists, i believe something had to create us...or something::)....but i don't think "god" has to really give a crap about us...

shabbadoo
July 12th, 2004, 04:12
do you beleive in evolution then knowstrife?

curt_grymala
July 12th, 2004, 05:30
I believe in evolution. Just because God created us in His own image, does not mean that we have not changed over time. It doesn't even mean that God Himself has not changed over time.

Cornholio
July 12th, 2004, 07:27
I personally don't believe in any form of higher being, including god, satan, allah or whoever. The simple fact of the matter is, there is no proof they do, or do not exist either way. If god existed, bad things wouldn't happen to people, if satan existed, bad things would always happen to people. Also, if one of them did exist, then there would only be one religion, instead of hundreds.

But just because you believe in one thing, dosen't give you the right to shit on others just because they do. If they choose to follow a faith, as blindly as it may seem to a non-believer, that's their choice, let them live with that.

I do, however, have a thing against people who try to push their religion on others. Which is why of all the religions, mormons piss me off the most because they come to your door and try to preach to you, or stop you in the street (I live in Australia, and I've been stopped by a mormon who was from butt-**** Idaho, aren't there enough of them here?). I also find in ironic than mormon is very close to moron.

Anyway, fact of the matter is, what you believe in is your choice, but don't shit on others, or push your religion on others, because that's why people have problems with such matters as religion.

Christuserloeser
July 12th, 2004, 07:39
I personally don't believe in any form of higher being

Chris

souLLy
July 12th, 2004, 07:40
Everyone is welcome to thier opinion just don't bash people on thier views. Also be sure you can back up what you're saying, it's very easy to generalise and make judgements on a whole religion on what you THINK you know about it without actually looking and reading into it yourself.
I wouldn't say I'm a christian myself but I know plenty of people who are, and it would appear to me that the ones who do understand what being a Christian is, aren't judgemental and don't blindly follow something they can't prove because (if you know anything about christianity) the existance of God can't be proved in physical terms because surely that isn't the point. That's like checking to see if water is cold by smelling it.

Do carry on though ladies and gents.

meiscool
July 12th, 2004, 08:25
if god was real why do people get punished for their wrongs

also why is their a hell if god forgives all sin :-X

curt_grymala
July 12th, 2004, 08:39
That's like checking to see if water is cold by smelling it.

That's one of the most profound, and funny things I have ever heard. Nice one, souLLy.

if god was real why do people get punished for their wrongs

also why is their a hell if god forgives all sin

First of all, I'm not quite sure what you mean by your first statement. Are you asking why people do get punished, or why people don't get punished?

Secondly, as most Christians believe, God forgives those sins for which you ask forgiveness. If you have no remorse, then God will not forgive you. Also, there are quite a few Christians that do not even believe in Hell, as there is quite a controversy over whether or not Hell was ever mentioned in the original transcription of the new testament.

I, personally, believe that there is a Hell. I believe that, when you die, you meet God face to face. If you still choose to deny His/Her existence, then you are cast into the depths of Hell. If you choose to accept the Lord, and ask forgiveness for your transgressions, then you are sent to Heaven.

guymelef
July 12th, 2004, 10:15
how about we take this in a new direction....
to have a belief in god regardless of the incarnation is the first choice. to believe or not to believe. and since it's a personal choice I don't think that there is a reason to try prusuade someone to believe or no to believe.

religion is the cruxt of most peoples hang-ups.
and we can talk about that all day.
although to me believing in god is not the same has religion. religion to me is the embodiment of series of beliefs about how god says to live your life according to whatever earthly power you follow(yourself, catholisim, buddism, etc.). With a working definition established, we can now move on. Church is the weekly vehicle that binds most religions together. but lets start with the pros and then we will take on the cons.
The first concept I would like to talk about is the sense of belonging and importance that going to church can bring to some people and IMO the main reason why people go. Another point, church can act as a mental and social support. Giving shut-ins and socialites a place to converse and talk about their lives and situations in a non-threatening enviroment. While at the same time giving men and women hope, and building love in their fellow man. Most church services in any religion will read from their holy tome which has been passed down through the ages, then afterwards bringing into a modern context. I'd better cut this short and just leave it at that. Now ergo, on to the cons.

Some figures in history have said that "Religion is the opiate of the masses.". Which I can only take to mean that for people without the self-confidence and inner strength to understand that to live life in a positive aspect regardless of if you believe in god or not that you only need to be fair with yourself and fair with your neighbor. (jeez that is probably a run-on). Moving on, religion usually rests squarely on the shoulders of a religious book. Usually the book is a collection of events and situations faced by the people of the ancient world. At least that's how I look at these books. The biggest problem is that most people and organizations the recite passages from these books have a tendency to focus on one possible interpretation. When you use a passage to prove a point either in a positive or negative aspect you completly ignore the grey area that represents the doubt that ........... nevermind(this thought went nowhere). One thing that really gets to me is when religious bodies take it on themselves to persicute other beings for the sake of religion. This is completly unneccasary. They way I see it is that you should never take any action whether for good or for ill, that your only recourse or defense is "God told me to do it". Just remember that this is your life and if you don't want to help/hurt somebody then that's your choice, not God's, your mother's, your friend's, or your dog's. To exemplify, don't give with regret or without self justification, such as ; I gave John five dollars because he is/isn't my friend and I know that I have enough money without the five dollars. Also, let's look at another scenerio; I gave John five dollars with and I hope he pays me back. You have to be carefull or you'll go hungry and that's your fault for giving with regret or self justification. this is not religion, just preachy common sense.
oh well I am tiried of writing this. I hope people will look at this from an objective point of view. Oh yeah what i was trying to say through this whole thing is that organized religion is trouble. and atheism is a religion.

halbak
July 14th, 2004, 04:36
I dont believe in god because why do bad things happen to good people. If god is all knowing why hasnt he seen and tried to stop a world with lots of wars and stuff. this is why i dont believe in god, to me, god sucks!

wardishy
July 14th, 2004, 10:14
what kind of a stupid question is that? if god was real then why do we suffer?

shabbadoo
July 14th, 2004, 11:17
i beleive that its satan thats makin us suffer because it says in the bible that god is not ruling the world at this moment in time but satan is

krowstrife
July 14th, 2004, 12:25
i beleive that its satan thats makin us suffer because it says in the bible that god is not ruling the world at this moment in time but satan is

well i have never see god or satan but if i believe the bible
i should believe in superman i have never seen him neither maybe he made the world and he can fly ;)

steveola
July 14th, 2004, 12:42
Blessed are the Cheesemakers!

He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

Up you go Bignose !

Etc....

Enough said ?

(I can't believe that nobody has quoted from 'The Life of Brian' yet!!!) * *;D ;D ;D ;D

BTW: The Bible, is just a bunch of stories, and supposed visions written by people of the era. I wouldn't take it too literally if I was you. Many times it has been 'translated' (re-written).

I seriously doubt if it reads anything like it did back in Jesus times.

And even if it did, at the end of the day, its just a bunch of religious nutters trying to 'spread' their version of events, and make others be like them. I seriously reckon it should come with a warning along the lines of 'for novelty purposes only'

Many's the time that I have coveted my neighbours donkey, but God hasn't smoted me yet LOL !

guymelef
July 26th, 2004, 04:41
I guess everyone read my post. and further expanded on in a rhetorical sense by steveola

guymelef
July 26th, 2004, 04:44
life is pain
and living is creating joy in/around/and from pain.
anybody that says different is selling something. -princess bride-

krowstrife
July 26th, 2004, 22:53
if god is love and love is blind
so stevie wonder who is blind must be god right

or did i over use logic

Kamjin
July 27th, 2004, 00:06
let's me give this a try..

Religion is man's interpretation of a code of morality,
The hebrews didn't believe one god existed, they believed in thier
god only. Specifically the god who never said his name.
commonly known as AL or "I Am that I am" (litterally: Jehova)
They did not belive in a soul, nor in an afterlife,
nor a "ressurection" of the world. After 2000 or so years
and endless occuption.. the hebrews decided to "canonize"
a bible.. to keep the faith...hence the religion that we today call
Judism was created. From that spawned an offset religion the Jews
who believe in the Messiah.. aka Christans 1200 years
later the same bloodline re-writes the "bible" as the Quran
they become "Muslim".. All three have the exact same code of morals..
Judism was created by man
Christianity was created by man
Islam was created by man
Therefore man's evil nature has crept into each religion..

Evil=Nationalism.. Racism.. Partiotism etc..

Before you slam this.. take a minute to actually read the real history
on these religions.. where the traditions, and practices come from..
You'll see the endless tampering of man to make each one hate the
other, make one more different then the other..
and read the bible, with a good ancient hebrew/aramaic lexicon so you
can understand the glyphs. and defer your own interpretation..
I mean I can litterally translate the 1st word of the old testament
about 12 ways..

guymelef
July 27th, 2004, 00:33
he's probably right..

the only problem is that this type of reasoning is for intelectualls only. most ignorant people will probably lynch you