PDA

View Full Version : DevHOOK IS DEAD I THINK IT IS SERIOUSLY

Tetris999
September 29th, 2006, 06:50
Devhook has never been updated theres never any news of it i think its dead what do you guys think?

ALSO STARCRAFT PSP TOO!

ACID
September 29th, 2006, 06:54
Its not something that you update overnight give booster time he will surprice us all.

dejkirkby
September 29th, 2006, 08:09
This ain't like optimising an emulator. With every new firmware there are more obstacles to overcome. I would not all all be surprised to see DevHook return after the 3.0 firmware release. No point releasing after every single update.

thaforgottenone
September 29th, 2006, 08:30
DevHooks aint dead, like tha ppl sed aint an over niight thing or nor optimising emulator type of thing. i know that booster's DevHook has stop'd for a while, juss give it time...or do wha i do play wid tha other ones out there. other ppl told me that ppl out there do fixes on tha devhooks and addons... so yea, it aint dead... my two cents

razorak
September 29th, 2006, 08:31
starcraft psp?? the one similar to the age of empires one? that's more or less confirmed dead. However i don't think we've seen the last of devhook just yet...*back to struggling to get 2.71 on devhook*

dejkirkby
September 29th, 2006, 09:21
Razorak Hows the reverse DevHook working out for you?

infernomax
September 29th, 2006, 09:26
i think its dead, 2.80 has been decrypted and devhook still doesnt support it

splodger15
September 29th, 2006, 11:46
Its is not dead patience is the key

Rocksil
September 29th, 2006, 11:51
i hope its not dead because i dont want to upgrade i stiill want to play more new game dat come out on fw 2.8+ my 1.5

GobboFett
September 29th, 2006, 11:52
I wouldn't count DevHook as dead JUST because it hasn' been updated in a while. Until official news comes from Booster, it's alive :)

opiate81
September 29th, 2006, 13:41
Id save updating it until a firmware with features that warranted it came along
and I havent come across a game that hasnt played yet and Ive hired most new ones

razorak
September 29th, 2006, 13:46
Razorak Hows the reverse DevHook working out for you?

it's going great :)
managed to emulate 2.71 (since i don't have a wireless internet access near me)
and 2.6 as well (for sentimental purposes)

dejkirkby
September 29th, 2006, 16:13
it's going great :)
managed to emulate 2.71 (since i don't have a wireless internet access near me)
and 2.6 as well (for sentimental purposes)
Cool!

ExcruciationX
September 29th, 2006, 16:23
Devhook, isn't dead. It will be updated, probably when the new firmware comes out.

Kramer
September 29th, 2006, 16:27
I think Booster is waiting for VCS to come out before he releases it so Sony dont make it require 2.9, well that's my theory anyway.

wolfpack
September 29th, 2006, 22:18
i dont think its dead, but thats just my opinion, just wait till more new firmwires are out, then we'll see

Tetris999
September 29th, 2006, 23:57
THERE HAS ABSOULUTLEY NO NEWS FROM BOOSTER THAT HES EVEN MAKING A DEVHOOK dude its been like frigging what 3 or 4 months since i heard the word DEVHOOK

stotheamuel
September 30th, 2006, 00:32
THERE HAS ABSOULUTLEY NO NEWS FROM BOOSTER THAT HES EVEN MAKING A DEVHOOK dude its been like frigging what 3 or 4 months since i heard the word DEVHOOK

Hmm really? Ive heard plenty of news since May.. .and sorry dude could you not type in all caps... it's annoying..

And just wait... he wouldnt just stop without saying anything... and if he were to stop.. his work would be passed down to someone.

Zion
September 30th, 2006, 01:06

and sorry dude could you not type in all caps... it's annoying..

yes it is, please stop it

Video_freak
September 30th, 2006, 01:08
Devhook isn't dead! I still have to find a good version that emulates 2.6 without crashing though. :(

Zion
September 30th, 2006, 01:52
im gonna lock this, Tetris999 have patience bro.
No wonder it takes devs so long to release updates when there been hounded like this....:(

For all we know Sony could have slapped him with a C & D order....

+ Things take a long time to code, try coding and you will see why updates take so long. :rolleyes:

It will be out when/if its ready