PDA

View Full Version : England vs France

wraggster
June 14th, 2004, 19:34
What a great match but what a balls up by Heskey, that tackle cost us the game and gerrards back pass was the stupidest ever

Fair play to France but we were robbed

DCDayDreamer
June 14th, 2004, 21:07
Thoroughly enjoyed the match, however France should have been down to 10 men when Beckham missed the penalty (fool). The end result might have been different if the ref knew the rules, if however James had still done that stupid challenge (although I doubt it with 11 v 10) he should have been sent off too.
It's no wonder Liverpool got rid of Calamity James many moons ago and that plonker Heskey recently. As for the pseudo englishman Owen - where was he all night? sleeping?. My last dig at the Liverpool clan would have to be Gerrard - what a stupid mistake with the backpass.
Before anyone thinks I'm anti-Liverpool, I've supported them since I was nine years old, I just don't hold my punches when I see players worth multi-millions making complete fools of themselves ;D.

curt_grymala
June 14th, 2004, 21:15
Unfortunately, we don't get to watch any good football matches here in the states.

guymelef
June 14th, 2004, 21:20
miami would be kick ass if fiedler could hit a guy in the numbers in stead of the high and short. ricki williams carries that team. they have great recievers it's just they can't recieve any of the balls. their back up QB is good for a 2stringer

but while we are talking about sports what's up with the lakers. there is no excuse why they shouldn't have already won the finals with as much talent and experience on their team

curt_grymala
June 14th, 2004, 21:27
miami would be kick ass if fiedler could hit a guy in the numbers in stead of the high and short. ricki williams carries that team. they have great recievers it's just they can't recieve any of the balls. their back up QB is good for a 2stringer

While I am a fan of the Miami Dolphins, I was referring to real football (what we call soccer), not American football.

guymelef
June 14th, 2004, 22:36
oh.... the wichita wings sometimes win games

Darksaviour69
June 14th, 2004, 23:37
Heskey is crap!

Sweden look great after that 5-0, Larsson is a great player ( see scottish league!...the last couple of years )

16 of us a work put in a £5 at work, names in hat, one team each, winner gets £60, runner up gets £20. what team did i draw! Lativa!! ???

wraggster
June 14th, 2004, 23:53
latvia lol

sweden do look good

we should get through but always the hard way :(

DCDayDreamer
June 15th, 2004, 21:00
'Latvia' ;D talk about the 'short straw' :P, hard luck bud.

5-0 to Sweden does look good on paper but I wouldn't count on them against a stronger side.

Holland v Germany should be a good match as long as either side doesn't hesitate to take any chances, I hate it when it's 2 great sides just playing Chess and no one wants to make a break with the ball.

wraggster
June 15th, 2004, 21:05
is that on tonight?
i may watch it

DCDayDreamer
June 15th, 2004, 21:14
is that on tonight?
i may watch it

It's on right now, 26 mins in to the game and still 0-0. Grab a beer and enjoy Wraggs.