PDA

View Full Version : Wii Homebrew

sonikku88
September 29th, 2006, 23:49
Hey, since the Wii has various external memory ports as well as 512MB internal flash memory, do you think that there will be homebrew for it in the future? Or maybe the reason why the Wii updates itself automatically is to stop homebrew being run on it.

What do you guys think about this?

kcajblue
September 30th, 2006, 00:08
its possible that it will be able to use homebrew.

Video_freak
September 30th, 2006, 01:41
Yes, very possible indeed. And if they try to update my Wii, I'll just take off my router from it's list of connections. :)

CampaKaze
September 30th, 2006, 02:00
Yay! Ports!!! Good Ports too! i wanna play Ogre Battle 64 again :O i had that game, iunno where it went! T_T

Cap'n 1time
September 30th, 2006, 02:09
Yay! Ports!!! Good Ports too! i wanna play Ogre Battle 64 again :O i had that game, iunno where it went! T_T

actually you might be able to purchase Ogre Battle 64 for the wii and play it with nintendo's own emulation software.

RadioPunker
September 30th, 2006, 02:56
Yeah but who wants to pay for stuff?

sonikku88
September 30th, 2006, 03:15
If people start making emulators for the Wii, I can't see Nintendo making much profit from the Virtual Console. <=D

Junixx
September 30th, 2006, 03:42
If people start making emulators for the Wii, I can't see Nintendo making much profit from the Virtual Console. <=D

Lol i can, not a humongeous majority or people know about homebrew and things ;)

Cap'n 1time
September 30th, 2006, 05:36
Yeah but who wants to pay for stuff?

people with morals.

pibs
September 30th, 2006, 05:41
Id pay for it, sure beats the heck out of doing all that work just to get that thing running.

ninja9393
September 30th, 2006, 06:40
Id pay for it, sure beats the heck out of doing all that work just to get that thing running.
traitor...

i'm just kidding...kinda:p

ACID
September 30th, 2006, 06:50
people with morals.
LOL its true.:cool:

The Hombrew Hunter
September 30th, 2006, 07:56
I'm buying those games. 'Specially the ones I DON'T OWN.

abeisgreat
November 3rd, 2006, 00:38
I have heard you will be able to save your vc games on the sd, so i dint think it will take long for people to put all there games on the internet.

VampDude
November 3rd, 2006, 14:52
I have heard you will be able to save your vc games on the sd, so i dint think it will take long for people to put all there games on the internet.

all the games Nintendo are gonna be offering will probably appear on the internet within days (if not already there), nintendo will most certainly add a security coding on the downloads so that the games cant be transfered from wii -to- wii or pc -to- pc as it will be in most cases. Nintendo will be facing the same battle as SONY (with the psp) to prevent this sort of thing happening thou. I for 1 will be buying games directly from Nintendo, but not if the game is already in my gaming collection of games that will be many peoples argument not mine thou as I still own my NES SNES GAMEBOY/COLOR/A-SP and N64 :D and will refer to playing the older games on them instead of buying a ??ROM?? of a game I already own from Nintendo (are they even ROMs??? well they must be if in form of a file?):confused: :confused:

abeisgreat
November 3rd, 2006, 15:30
I know nintendo will put some type of copy protection, but i think it will get cracked just like every other incription ever made

VampDude
November 4th, 2006, 00:33
I know nintendo will put some type of copy protection, but i think it will get cracked just like every other incription ever made

everything gets cracked/hacked thesedays, but it's just a matter of when and what will Nintendo do to prevent it

kando
November 4th, 2006, 00:41
Lol i can, not a humongeous majority or people know about homebrew and things ;)

this is very true.

Accordion
November 9th, 2006, 17:43
seeing as each Wii has a both a mac address and a friend code type thing[?] im guessing that each game will be assigned to these i.d.s it is also likely that the a certain key will be assigned to the Wii consoles onboard flash which is required to play the game [we know a record of every v.c. game is kept on the internal flash

gotmilk0112
November 11th, 2006, 19:13
id pay for the virtual console! GO NINTENDO!!! all i have to do is go to the mall @ my dad's house in MA and buy a simon gift card and i can use that to buy wii points. or i could just buy the wii points card =P

all the games Nintendo are gonna be offering will probably appear on the internet within days (if not already there), nintendo will most certainly add a security coding on the downloads so that the games cant be transfered from wii -to- wii or pc -to- pc as it will be in most cases. Nintendo will be facing the same battle as SONY (with the psp) to prevent this sort of thing happening thou. I for 1 will be buying games directly from Nintendo, but not if the game is already in my gaming collection of games that will be many peoples argument not mine thou as I still own my NES SNES GAMEBOY/COLOR/A-SP and N64 :D and will refer to playing the older games on them instead of buying a ??ROM?? of a game I already own from Nintendo (are they even ROMs??? well they must be if in form of a file?):confused: :confused:

if you buy it with money the ROM is not illegal becuase it would be the same thing as buying the actual game from a store.

think of it as: you buy a chip that you can put into your wii and it loads a virtual console game into the wii's memory but once you use it, it turns to dust and explodes :p but instead you just buy the game and it downloads into your wii and then cannot be removed. or moved.

billytopley
December 9th, 2006, 19:48
seeing as each Wii has a both a mac address and a friend code type thing[?] im guessing that each game will be assigned to these i.d.s it is also likely that the a certain key will be assigned to the Wii consoles onboard flash which is required to play the game [we know a record of every v.c. game is kept on the internal flash

But i think i red somewhere that you save the game to the sd, an can take it to play on someone else's wii.:confused:

billytopley
December 9th, 2006, 20:09
Also, you might be able to use the wireless in it to download ROMs straight to the system memory.

SSaxdude
December 9th, 2006, 20:31
I want homebrew and emulators on my Wii. Sure I'm not paying for it, but it wasn't like I was going to pay for that virtual console stuff anyways. Otherwise I'll just use my Dreamcast with NES and SNES emulators.