PDA

View Full Version : PANIC! White Screen of Death.

RyanGannon
September 30th, 2006, 10:21
Hi!

I'm new here and I have a big problem.

Ok so last night I was installing MoonShell on my MMD and my laptop froze so I restarted it. Now when it booted up again I discovered that when I plugged in my MMD in again nothing happened. I mean the laptop did react at all and I can't see it in My Computer. And when I put it in my DS all I get is the Datel boot screen followed by a white screen.

So far I've tried a different cable, a different computer, I've checked that the card is in the dock right and I've run MMP without the dock in and it runs fine it just tells me there's nothing in Slot 2.

I'm thinking that it problem was caused be having to prematurely having to cut the connection between the laptop and the dock. But there must be a solution right?

Also, is the fault with the card or the dock itself or both?

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Ryan.

EDIT: I only got it on Wednesday.

cloud_952
September 30th, 2006, 13:02
Umm.. for trouble-shooting purposes, you might want to try to get your hands on a card-reader and try to get it to read the card (cf, right?) without the dock. You're best hope is to try to reformat the card, if it can read it.

Unfortunately, it looks like the card was blown. Your MMD should be fine (seems so), but it was probably in the middle of writing to the card when you unplugged it/rebooted the PC, so.. yeah, it might be dead.

As another test, try to borrow someone else's card, from a camera or anything, and see if it even aknowledges that. ^^

Joel92
September 30th, 2006, 14:26
well, this same thing happened with my mmp, but with the 4 gig harddrive. i sent it in to get the hdd replaced because it was within warrenty. if you have an mmp, not an mmd, than i have seen many problems like this. i think this might be a big problem with the mmp...

RyanGannon
September 30th, 2006, 16:00
Thanks you guys. Will try and find a reader.

RyanGannon
October 1st, 2006, 14:11
OK, I've gotten a Card Reader and it won't read it. The light goes on but it never shows up in My Computer. I suppose that means it's the card then?

Tetris999
October 1st, 2006, 18:37
OH OH THIS HAPPENED TO ME FROM MY PSP IT WOULD NEVER DETECT THE PSP I WOULDNT WORK

anyway in this case i fixed it by drumroll.....

REINSTALLING WINDOWS YUP THATS THE ONLY WAY

RyanGannon
October 1st, 2006, 21:37
But because I tried it on a different computer shouldn't that have the same affect?

Joel92
October 2nd, 2006, 00:53
well, if reinstalling windows was what you had to do, then yes... but i am 99 percent possotive that that wouldnt do a crap to get your cf card to work again. plus, he is talking about his psp... which is different. im pretty sure that your cf card is just dead. if the place that you bought the cf card from has a warrenty for it, and the warrenty hasnt expired yet, i would return it as fast as possible.

Amethyst
October 2nd, 2006, 12:51
Have you tried reformatting the card?

My bootfile used to get corrupted quite often, it would boot and the screen would be all distorted, so I reformatted it and never had a problem since.

RyanGannon
October 2nd, 2006, 14:34
Sorry Amethyst but I can't get the card to read in order to do that.

Amethyst
October 3rd, 2006, 12:47
Oops. I think I missed that part. Sorry.