PDA

View Full Version : They Were Wrong: Hands-On With Bully

wraggster
September 30th, 2006, 10:38
Bapenguin over on the Evil Avatar forums has a detailed rundown of his firsthand observations of Bully, Rockstar's latest attention-getting title.

When Bully was announced back at E3 2005 to a small closed door group of press it immediately garnered a ton of attention. Unfortunately it was the wrong kind of attention with numerous groups and a lawyer that should not be named claiming the game was a Columbine Simulator. These people went as far as saying the game should be cancelled and that it was irresponsible of Rockstar to make such a game. These people are also idiots. They were irresponsible for not getting all the information on this game before making these outrageous claims. Bully is a caricature of boarding school life. Bully is no more a Columbine simulator than robotic crabs are a part of Japanese history.

Vangar
October 2nd, 2006, 13:22
As much as I don't mind what companies produce in video games, in my opinion i belive that the GTA series are quite poor games, gaining popularity from the ability to kill random people in the games and break the law virtually.

F9zDark
October 2nd, 2006, 17:57
Better to break the law virtually than to break the law in real life. Just think how many would be murderers sat back and rethought their lawless tendencies because they were able to vent on a video game rather than people?

It just boggles my mind that so many people seem oblivious to this fact...

bullhead
October 2nd, 2006, 18:12
Being able to break the law virtuallay is what made it fun for most...It was the whole point. The GTA games are fantastic in my opinion.

dejkirkby
October 2nd, 2006, 18:21
I personally think the GTA series is amazing. Never have games been so massive.

Cap'n 1time
October 3rd, 2006, 08:56
I think rock star was cool untill after GTA3... Now their just another big name company that dosnt care about originality... only the mulah.

ACID
October 3rd, 2006, 09:48
I have to agree with 1timer its all about the benjamines now

dejkirkby
October 3rd, 2006, 10:13
I have to agree with 1timer its all about the benjamines now
Isn't that always the way though. Some game is designed for the love of it. Then big companies comission sequel after sequel, tainting the first release, just for the cash.

splodger15
October 5th, 2006, 21:08
I personally think the GTA series is amazing.

Same here

SnesR0X
October 11th, 2006, 03:27
i think that it's great as long as parents realize what they do in it, and not make outragous claims while not even paying attention to whats going on. I mean, i saw a guy buying gta for his kid, who looked about 8. When the person said everything about being M rated he just said yeah yeah yeah, that makes me confused about how much that guy cares about his kids, or at least to how much he pays attention to what they like/what they're doing

NoQuarter
October 11th, 2006, 03:37
I got sick of it after GTA3 as well,same old stuff over and over again.Get the drugs,kill the gangstars,hump a prostitute and shoot,shoot shoot.
Boring.....

SnesR0X
October 11th, 2006, 06:13
did you do the missions? or just kill people