PDA

View Full Version : Lets KIll off Some Rumours About PSone Emulator

wraggster
September 30th, 2006, 15:20
Ok its time to publically put to bed some rumours regarding PS1P and Yoshis PSXP emulator.

DCEmu did not aim to bring down Yoshihiros Playstation emulator by starting the GPL Debate, the issue was brought to the attention of 2 staff members who are indeed respected Dreamcast Scene coders, they reported their findings and posted that the emulator wasnt legal without the Source released, the files were took down at that time, later i removed that newspost and reinstalled the files.

Now later that day members of the PCSX team contacted me and asked to take down the files until the source was released and also asked me to contact PSP3D and QJ to ask them also. The PCSX Team had informed me that they had tried but couldnt contact Yoshihiro etc.

Anyway thats that now PS1P was supposed to be given to me to announce before the release of Yoshihiro`s emulator. So for anyone reading please listen, we are fully behind the Yoshihiro PSOne emulator (obviously if the source is GPL it must be released), we will post all news and fully promote the emulator and im sure everyone will enjoy it. We also thank the French PSP-Generation site for being the home of the emulator.

So finally we are here to promote both PS1 emulators for the PSP and infact any future ones.

Hopefully this will stop the theorys going around.

wraggster
September 30th, 2006, 15:22
and if PSPGen are watching i would gladly affiliate PSP News with you ;)

blackrave
September 30th, 2006, 15:29
OK, thanks for clearing that up, wraggster. :)
I haven't cared that much about the PSX emulators yet, and haven't tried PSXP, but I'm really looking forward to future releases.

wraggster
September 30th, 2006, 15:40
personally i think is extemely exciting, having played PS1P and Psxp they are both great looking emus.

Full PSone emulation on PSP is stuff dreams are made of ;)

jak66
September 30th, 2006, 15:43
that and full speed N64 Emulation *drools over full speed ff7, oddworld, zelda and smash bros on psp*

Kramer
September 30th, 2006, 15:45
personally i think is extemely exciting, having played PS1P and Psxp they are both great looking emus.

Full PSone emulation on PSP is stuff dreams are made of ;)

Do you know how many FPS the build you have go's? just curious like everyone else.

splodger15
September 30th, 2006, 15:46
having played PS1P they are both great looking emus.

lucky you

Wish i could play it now

Rocksil
September 30th, 2006, 15:47
i hate fake rumour it gets u ecited then wen u hear its fake it ANNOYING

splodger15
September 30th, 2006, 15:49
i hate fake rumour it gets u ecited then wen u hear its fake it ANNOYING

Same here

g00gy
September 30th, 2006, 15:57
im waiting for the official one becuase there will be no bugs or performance problems on that. not to mention full compatibility. i just hope sony doesnt force upgrade for it :(

jimmi
September 30th, 2006, 16:04
yoshis ps1 emu was a bit of a let down i think... but thers always room or improvment. and this new ps1 emu is gna rock my socks :cool:

wraggster
September 30th, 2006, 16:08
Dont expect Sonys emulator to be 100% perfect. Yes itll be good but expecting perfect on every game and youll be disapointed.

Sega made a Genesis emulator for the Dreamcast and yet the homebrew scene made a better one ;)

Veskgar
September 30th, 2006, 16:08
Unfortunately we have not gotten anything hands-on to get excited about. But the idea of PS1 emulation on PSP is VERY exciting.

Sega made a Genesis emulator for the Dreamcast and yet the homebrew scene made a better one ;)
Good point! I hope history repeats itself in that manner.

SpacemanSpiff
September 30th, 2006, 16:31
Do you know if Anonymous Coder plans on releasing a public build anytime soon? Or is he going to wait until dynarec and sound are implemented? It's kinda cruel to announce something like this and then not release anything for weeks.

wraggster
September 30th, 2006, 16:36
some emulators are announced nearly a year infront and others just released right away, but i guarentee when this is released and i dont know when, itll be major for the psp scene

Mr.Denny
September 30th, 2006, 16:39
some emulators are announced nearly a year infront and others just released right away, but i guarentee when this is released and i dont know when, itll be major for the psp scene

Good stuff :)

The last thing i want is a rushed release but it is looking promising indeed.

jimmi
September 30th, 2006, 16:39
So i guess weve got a long wait for this ps1 emu. rats.

BL4Z3D247
September 30th, 2006, 16:42
Dont expect Sonys emulator to be 100% perfect. Yes itll be good but expecting perfect on every game and youll be disapointed.

that's cuz the homebrew coders are freakin awesome and they know how things should be, big companies can care less how well they make things as long as they get paid...that's why i have so much respect for the coders that make apps/emus/HB games, cuz they do this for fun/free and they still get crap from stupid people...and to tell u the truth which ever emu runs better is the one i always use, regaurdless of the coder's reputation

dejkirkby
September 30th, 2006, 16:52
Hopefully both emu's will be good as well as legal. Good time to be a PSP'er.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
September 30th, 2006, 17:20
I dont think anyone thought any of the DCEMU team would act without having all the facts to hand,IF ANY RESPECTED coder acted in the same way (not releasing source under gpl) the same action would have been taken.l;ike all others have said thanks for the clarification and hopefully this will be the end of this ugly and embaressing issue.

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
September 30th, 2006, 17:25
very COOL indeed!!!

gotmilk0112
September 30th, 2006, 17:57
:D

nice. no more n00bs rumor-mongering

AtariFreek
September 30th, 2006, 18:42
Great news Wrag. I HATE those rumor noobs.

Stoner4Life
September 30th, 2006, 19:14
I heard from an interview at a different site that the anonymous coder was planing to release this emulator on the 7th of October......Not sure if this is false info or not though.

jwilds73
September 30th, 2006, 20:22
im waiting for the official one becuase there will be no bugs or performance problems on that. not to mention full compatibility. i just hope sony doesnt force upgrade for it :(

It's my firm belief that sony's emulator of the psx will require you to repurchase psx games you already own via their download service. Don't think for one moment Sony is simply going to allow you to rip and compress your existing psx disc's for play on their emulator. This also means many games will never be seen on this emulator due to licensing restrictions. As I stated before Capcom no longer has the rights to publish Marvel characters in it's fighting games or any game nor can they legally redistribute the games they previously made. Which is why there has never been a Capcom fighting collection featuring any of the Marvel vs games or Characters. So go ahead and upgrade (yes this will require a firmware upgrade) but you will lose far more then you will gain.

Basil Zero
September 30th, 2006, 20:56
Conspiracies....in homebrew anyone? LMAO!

pibs
September 30th, 2006, 22:14
Yup coders get to much cr@p from the public, but if they release something atleast make it legal so we can all enjoy it ><

NeoXCS
September 30th, 2006, 22:15
I heard from an interview at a different site that the anonymous coder was planing to release this emulator on the 7th of October......Not sure if this is false info or not though.

There is no release date as of yet. ;) DCEmu has all the real info for ps1p, it all gets released here first so if its not here its not real. :)

gazeux_snake
September 30th, 2006, 22:19
I would add this^^ :

UPDATE-

If you see anyone on here or other sites pretending to be Anonymous Coder please let them know that all news is coming through me and the coder for now isnt saying anything publically. So for those doing it stop with the fake comments.

NoQuarter
September 30th, 2006, 23:38
I as well wouldn't expect sony's emu to be perfect.Look at the 360's xbox compatibility,I think sony's and the hombrew PS1 emu's will both be works in progress.
I am definitly not upgrading or paying for games I already own and can go to the game store and pay for hard copies as cheap as the downloads :P

chrisrulz555
September 30th, 2006, 23:51
Wait since when were we supporting Yoshizero? Did he release his source?

opiate81
October 1st, 2006, 00:18
good news!! if we get 2 free emulators that means more compatability across more games :D
as long as Yoshiro does the right thing

another interesting thing to do with sonys though
I wonder what format the games will be in and if we can use them on our orginal ps1

NoQuarter
October 1st, 2006, 00:36
the games will most likely be in eboot form I think.
Seriously doubt they will be usable on an actual PS1

Anger
October 1st, 2006, 01:03
i cant speak for anyone else but i dont trust him. once the source is released we can see what he did that seems to make peoples devhook mess up. and of course we can see what he has (or hasnt) done in the way of coding. i cant wait personally.

pkmaximum
October 1st, 2006, 01:08
Glad we have this issue cleared up. I hope for the day eventually soon, but not to soon ;) that we will see a good playable PS1 emulator with sound.

Basil Zero
October 1st, 2006, 01:54
wonder if he goes by the name Annonymous Coder?

masterpsp2.6
October 1st, 2006, 06:56
im jus ready to see a full speed ps1 emulator with sound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

razorak
October 1st, 2006, 07:08
i'm sure this emu will be worth the wait....or any for that matter :)

Nikolaos
October 1st, 2006, 19:01
thanks for the info :) dang rumous can get me excited for naughta

F9zDark
October 1st, 2006, 21:09
that's cuz the homebrew coders are freakin awesome and they know how things should be, big companies can care less how well they make things as long as they get paid...that's why i have so much respect for the coders that make apps/emus/HB games, cuz they do this for fun/free and they still get crap from stupid people...and to tell u the truth which ever emu runs better is the one i always use, regaurdless of the coder's reputation

Well, thats not really the case with the Sony, at least as far PS3 compatibility is concerned. When 40 titles of PS2 and PS1 games didn't work, Sony failed the PS3's backwards compatibility quality tests and went back to make those games work.

Now if you said Microshit cares less about its fans, then yes you'd br right; X360's backwards compatibility is a far cry from being 'compatible'. Only game I have heard that it runs is Halo and Halo2; nothing to be proud of...

i cant speak for anyone else but i dont trust him. once the source is released we can see what he did that seems to make peoples devhook mess up. and of course we can see what he has (or hasnt) done in the way of coding. i cant wait personally.

I don't either. I was willing to give him a chance this time around, but word was that he stole PacManFan's source (or that it was leaked or whatever; point is Yoshi ends up with it. Maybe he asked pacmanfan later for permission, I don't know, but it just seems 'strange' if you ask me). Also I was quite certain he played a huge role in the Donation Scandal about a year ago when many PSP owners wanted a downgrader and there was little hope.

But I was willing to rethink my thoughts of him when this emulator came out as being real. Then this happened...

If this site and his site formed a fruitful partnership and things work out in the future then maybe I will change my opinion of him. Maybe its just that he has had a string of bad luck and things will change, I don't know, but I believe everyone deserves second chances. So we'll see what the future brings.