PDA

View Full Version : SSF Ver0.07 beta R10 released

JKKDARK
September 30th, 2006, 20:10
New version of the Sega Saturn emulator for Windows (http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/%7Ephantasy/ssf/index.html). It's nice, now we have save states :)

What's new?

SCSP playback position processing was updated.
Access processing of the memory was updated.

Snapshot key was changed to F8.
Saturn.ini and SSF.ini are now merged [b](SSF.ini saved the emu settings, Saturn.ini saved the clock/language settings in the past - you'll probably need to delete your ini files and re-configurate the emu).
Save States are temporary mounted.
State Load = F7 key
State Save = Shift + F7 key

Since data is compressed, saving takes time.

The savestate function has restrictions. [b](I heavily abbreviated this part, I think you'll get the idea)[b]
- Only one save can be made per game (multiple saves are planned for future versions)
- You can only save once the game has started up (There's something written about "Being unable to save on multiplayer screens" here which I didn't understand)
- Saturn's built-in backup and the contents of the backup RAM cartridge are not saved. (For STV games however, the backup memory is also saved)
- If the BIOS changes, a savestate cannot be loaded.
- In later versions, it may become impossible to load a previous savestate. (Since support is experimental, the savestate data may change in the future, braking compatibility for existing saves

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

wraggster
September 30th, 2006, 21:02
must be going mad, bloody news ended up in the PCEmulation forum, sure i left it in saturn news area

sonikku88
September 30th, 2006, 22:54
Another one?! O_o

I'll try it out and let y'all know what I think.

------- A couple hours later... --------

Woah! This is so much better than the last one. No lagging at all! But there was a lot of frame skipping cuz of my slow PC. I'm having saving problems though. Actually, I've never been able to save with SSF.

Ah, well. Either way, this is one nice release. :D

Note: I've only tested Sonic Jam from the CD drive.

r2works
October 2nd, 2006, 05:48
yeeeee! sav states!

this has got to be the most active emu out there, and it happens to be the best as well

Vangar
October 2nd, 2006, 13:51
Simply Awesome