PDA

View Full Version : PDF viewer homebrew

bagofsnakes
October 1st, 2006, 04:19
Anyone know if there is a PDF viewer for NDS? Looks like this m3 ebook reader only supports text files.

bagofsnakes
October 2nd, 2006, 01:14
no responses? someone? anyone? I got all this free time on the subway, should spend some of it studying from pirated text books on pdf files.

The Hombrew Hunter
October 2nd, 2006, 01:32
NOT the smartest thing to post, Bag.

And none exists atm.

Daimonion
October 10th, 2006, 15:59
Can a pdf reader be legally created? I''m just wondering if its likely as if not, I may get rid of mine in favour of a pda.

dkjr83
October 10th, 2006, 18:40
Can a pdf reader be legally created? I''m just wondering if its likely as if not, I may get rid of mine in favour of a pda.

I doubt if it can, but there is one for the psp. I'm not sure how recently it's been updated but a few months back it was showing some promise.

werpu
October 10th, 2006, 19:43
Yes it can....
the pdf format is an open and free format, thanks to the generousity of adobe...

bagofsnakes
October 12th, 2006, 01:36
I think someone is working on one actually. Or at least mentioned giving it a try a couple weeks ago.

caifuda
October 15th, 2006, 16:57
m3 supports html now

kcajblue
October 15th, 2006, 18:03
/\ and your point is.

Qerppsmmnx
October 15th, 2006, 21:01
Can't the Comic Book DS convert PDF files?

bagofsnakes
October 16th, 2006, 01:16
It doesn't support .pdf files, and it looks like spyware. Viruses are rampant where java technology is involved, and this requires it for some reason. I wouldn't trust it.

zombiette
June 4th, 2008, 18:53
Comic book reader does read pdf files but you have to convert the pdf to jpg pictures. zip all of those pictures and change the extension from .zip to .cbr. Then run it through pictods and you have a book that works perfect on the ds. i use it for poker books it has pictures and all..