PDA

View Full Version : Installing 2.0 without an ac adaptor.

Napalm-Death
October 1st, 2006, 06:25
Hey guys, this might be a stupid question but I was wondering if it's possible to bypass the AC Adaptor check for the 2.0 upgrade eboot. The main reason why I'm asking is because I want to try HarleyG's custom fw, but I need to upgrade to 2.0 and then back to 1.5, but my ac adaptor port isn't good. Thanks!

SSaxdude
October 1st, 2006, 06:57
So how do you charge your PSP then?
If your PSP is already 1.5, then the custom firmware should work.

Napalm-Death
October 1st, 2006, 07:01
I have an external charger for it, and I was reading a tutorial somewhere that said if you had downgraded from 2.6 there might be a problem with the installation and that a downgrade from 2.0 should make the installation of the custom fw safe.

jak66
October 1st, 2006, 09:59
I was reading a tutorial somewhere that said if you had downgraded from 2.6 there might be a problem with the installation
Yea, some people do say that after degradeing that there new firmware 1.5 is buggy, but others (me) didnt have any problems (devhook worked, custom firmware worked, didnt seem to have random crashes everyone else had:D) although eventually i did degrade again (from 2.0) just to be sure

Napalm-Death
October 1st, 2006, 14:45
Hey, thanks. I'm just a little afraid still. XD I've been through so much with my psp but I don't want to lose it for something like this. XD
EDIT: I decided to take the risk and install the custom fw, and it worked! Now I just need to fix the config. XD

ICE
October 4th, 2006, 01:16
ya man you dont have to have it plugged in. thats just so it doesnt die halfway through the update and brick.

Napalm-Death
October 4th, 2006, 01:43
The thing is that my system doesn't notice it at all. :P But, I've got my dilemma solved anyway. Thanks though.