PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew....What else crap can we make our psp do?

Tetris999
October 2nd, 2006, 07:46
yeah i was wondering what else can we do with homebrew can you post what you would want for homebrew here or u just think homebrew is good off from now

i cant think of anything right now

razorak
October 2nd, 2006, 08:21
i cant think of anything right now

doesn't that mean that homebrew have more or less at least reached your expectations? :)

a RPG would be nice i must say...especially it it's wifi and ad hoc compatible :). Unfortunately that'll be extremely difficult to code...lol. But it sure doesn't harm to dream :D

Mr. Shizzy
October 2nd, 2006, 09:41
I would like to see a arcade Raine emulator. WWF Wrestle Fest was an awesome game :D

Baboon
October 2nd, 2006, 11:12
Raine would be great, or even an update on mame4all would be nice (step up to the stage NJ :) ). A PC Engine emu that runs everything - including turbo cd games, N64 with sound etc. :)

We're doing pretty well though with what we've already got.

On a (and I know I'm deaming here) wishlist I guess a Saturn or Dreamcast emu would be coolio! ...but there's been quite a few things acomplished already that we're previosly thought to be impossible on PSP.

I predict thee scene will be going for a long, long time yet.

Who
October 2nd, 2006, 12:28
Homebrew will die 1 day.. but dont have expections of it dying now.. theres so much ish out there.. at least for me.. im not on my psp all day .. i work .. smoke and yah.. anyhow if your on your psp to much for it not to attract you back to it then you need to do something else lol... heres a few to list off the top of my head.

PSP Rhythm 6.0
PSPKick
DevHook
Squarez
CP2PSP Emu
Snes Emu
Nes Emu
Genesis Emu
GBC Emu
Pencil Puzzles
IR Shell
Universal Remote
Lua Player (you can download more simple fun games that work with it)
XFlash
Afkim (Just like the PC Based trillian)
PSP Radio
PSP Notepad
Super Mario War

I could go on if you like?

amadeus
October 2nd, 2006, 13:36
Homebrew hardware could lead to more opotunities...

Memory upgrades
Dont know if this would be more complicated that installing the epsilon mod chip...

Touch screen
think thats being worked on

Second analogue nub
or even one thats any good...
2 sticks a pretty much vital for FPS nowadays.

Rumble pack
sony wouldnt make on because of the disk skipping but would be good for use with games off the stick. N64 etc

TV tuner
Cant believe it's not been done yet. Streaming from the wifi is no good when on the move. Wonder if theres any way to use the antenna from the GPS to pick up the signal...

Keyboard
Internet without a keyboard is just too limited

althena77
October 2nd, 2006, 15:47
A PC Engine emu that runs everything - including turbo cd games

I vote for that one too, I hope an emulator like this will be out there in the near future. So far some emulators have CD support but they have problems with the CD audio tracks. An emulator like this should be possible, the amazing NeoGeo CD emulator proves it :)

dejkirkby
October 2nd, 2006, 15:49
Homebrew will die 1 day..
Homebrew won't die, when the PSP has been exhausted, homebrew will shift to another system.

stotheamuel
October 3rd, 2006, 00:00
Homebrew hardware could lead to more opotunities...

Memory upgrades
Dont know if this would be more complicated that installing the epsilon mod chip...

Touch screen
think thats being worked on

Second analogue nub
or even one thats any good...
2 sticks a pretty much vital for FPS nowadays.

Rumble pack
sony wouldnt make on because of the disk skipping but would be good for use with games off the stick. N64 etc

TV tuner
Cant believe it's not been done yet. Streaming from the wifi is no good when on the move. Wonder if theres any way to use the antenna from the GPS to pick up the signal...

Keyboard
Internet without a keyboard is just too limited

Tv tuner has been worked on
A touch screen has not been worked on nor is it possible
Rumble pack isnt at all possible nor probable
I'm not 100% sure... but there is a keyboard coming out

Second analog stick isnt possible

BL4Z3D247
October 3rd, 2006, 00:04
A touch screen has not been worked on nor is it possible
actually they are working on a homebrew touch screen for psp
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=37751

stotheamuel
October 3rd, 2006, 00:12
Wow you're right... my bad! well then i correct myself... there is one being worked on... though it appears to be in very early stages.. (IMO wont work very well)

a lil spammy to ask but do you think itll cost money??

BL4Z3D247
October 3rd, 2006, 00:25
Wow you're right... my bad! well then i correct myself... there is one being worked on... though it appears to be in very early stages.. (IMO wont work very well)

a lil spammy to ask but do you think itll cost money??
yeh it's in really early stages, and i'm not sure if it's gunna be a DIY thing or a production thing, either way it'll probably cost money :cool:

jak66
October 3rd, 2006, 07:11
if you read tha faq for it it says £35-£40 ($60)....i think, best to check yourselves

Kramer
October 3rd, 2006, 07:23
IMO it wont happen these guys arent pro's and creating a touchscreen for the PSP is no easy task.

ACID
October 3rd, 2006, 07:26
A Raine emulator hope NJ sees this. RAINE

Cap'n 1time
October 3rd, 2006, 08:54
Homebrew will die 1 day.. but dont have expections of it dying now.. theres so much ish out there.. at least for me.. im not on my psp all day .. i work .. smoke and yah.. anyhow if your on your psp to much for it not to attract you back to it then you need to do something else lol... heres a few to list off the top of my head.

PSP Rhythm 6.0
PSPKick
DevHook
Squarez
CP2PSP Emu
Snes Emu
Nes Emu
Genesis Emu
GBC Emu
Pencil Puzzles
IR Shell
Universal Remote
Lua Player (you can download more simple fun games that work with it)
XFlash
Afkim (Just like the PC Based trillian)
PSP Radio
PSP Notepad
Super Mario War

I could go on if you like?

good list.

silver32
October 3rd, 2006, 14:46
Now, wouldn't a MMORPG rock? There would be a server hosted that would store the data, you could collect money and items, kill monsters, kill other playing, make quests and that would be 2D or 3D (preffered) =p sounds impossible.

razorak
October 3rd, 2006, 14:52
oo..great minds think alike..lol

however i feel that if it can save on the psp instead and it can be played without being online like for example, u play till lvl 50 in the game and when u go online u have the same stats, lvl and items. that would seriously rock :)

No harm dreaming :D

mcvader
October 3rd, 2006, 15:41
I want,

Saturn Emu

Good long RPG

An RTS, either a port or something original (With online multiplayer)

FPS, not a port (and something a little more solid than IRIS, With online multiplayer of coarse)

we already have a program that lets you use you're PSP as a Wi-Fi controller for PC, and we have a video streaming app, how about combining the two and have whatever's on the monitor on the PSP screen while controlling the pc with the game pad,
imagine being able to play all the latest PC games on our PSP with the PC doing all the work (just thought of this, not a bad idea if I do say so myself).

and last but not least, good DOS emulation.

as far as hardware goes,

TV tuner

Line in jack, I would love to be able to plug my guitar into my PSP, with a homebrew program to create efects and record ect.

A rumble pack would be possible, it could plug into the USB port, not that I'd buy one anyway.

Even if none of these things happen, I'm still more than happy with whats already been achieved in this scene.:) :) :)

JD/
October 3rd, 2006, 19:50
I agree with the rpg thing i found a nice looking rpg called dragon fighter anyone know if its dead?