PDA

View Full Version : PSP/MS/UMD's ok going through airport x-ray?

Meekasko
October 2nd, 2006, 14:26
Has anyone taken a PSP on a plane recently? I'm just curious if it's cool to pass it through the x-ray screening in my hand luggage? I keep remembering the time I lost a few old camera films years ago...

I know with recent restrictions I'll have to take out the PSP so someone can check it's kosher, but I'll probably have to still pass through all my UMD's/MS's etc.

The last thing I want to do is lose my data or have to put it in my suit case!

splodger15
October 2nd, 2006, 14:34
Should be ok

Meekasko
October 2nd, 2006, 16:21
I hope so :o

Not sure what I'd do without it for two weeks. My girlfriend would be thrilled if it broke though lol. I don't think she's even realised I'm taking it yet :D

dejkirkby
October 2nd, 2006, 16:25
Your girlfriend doesn't like your PSP? My wife f'n loves hers!! When she's playing on it, I don't get a look-in! Unless she's pecker-slapping me on Hot Shots Golf!

Meekasko
October 2nd, 2006, 16:31
Haha, she loves my PSP, especially playing all the sonic games and I indeed have the same problem...I can't get her off it.

What she doesn't like though...is me playing it for hours instead of...spending quality time with her etc /shrug

bah
October 2nd, 2006, 16:32
Wasnt there an issue with not allowing laptops on some planes recently due to the random battery explosions? That would be their main objection if any I would think.

They were all sony produced Li-Ion batteries, seems as if all laptop brands using them are doing recalls except sony, almost like theyre keeping the decent ones for themselves and flogging the rest. Goto love sony :)

Meekasko
October 2nd, 2006, 16:37
Ack, I'm taking my Sony Vaio too :-/ That's more important than the PSP actually...unfortunately I need to be able to do work if there are any problems at my office.

I tried calling the airport this morning to check what exactly I could take through in hand luggage but they put me on hold for ages...I better try again I guess.

dejkirkby
October 2nd, 2006, 16:44
Haha, she loves my PSP, especially playing all the sonic games and I indeed have the same problem...I can't get her off it.

What she doesn't like though...is me playing it for hours instead of...spending quality time with her etc /shrug
Best thing to do, buy her her own PSP! Then you can WiFi with her and claim it's spending quality time, when it's really gaming time!

Meekasko
October 2nd, 2006, 16:55
Hehe good call. When I get back from hols I'm gonna get my previous, and sadly bricked, PSP repaired and she can have that one ;)

dejkirkby
October 2nd, 2006, 16:57
Buying my wife a PSP is the best thing I did.
And when I say that I really mean, having to swap with her after buying it because hers wouldn't do homebrew at that time!

Meekasko
October 2nd, 2006, 17:19
Hehe. I might buy her a DS instead actually...as I'd feel like I was betraying my PSP if I bought one for myself.

Then she'd get bored of it and I'd have to adopt it...I couldn't let it go to waste :o ....I've really thought this through haven't I?!

Meekasko
October 2nd, 2006, 17:22
Well I just got through to the airport finally and it's all cool taking PSP, laptop etc through in hand luggage and getting the whole lot x-ray'd. So if anyone is wondering, in light of the recent restrictions, there's your answer.

Game on :D

splodger15
October 2nd, 2006, 18:41
Well I just got through to the airport finally and it's all cool taking PSP, laptop etc through in hand luggage and getting the whole lot x-ray'd. So if anyone is wondering, in light of the recent restrictions, there's your answer.

Game on :D

good to hear

Malksta
October 2nd, 2006, 18:57
Yup.

HAMMIEZ
October 7th, 2006, 00:02
always good to know.

Video_freak
October 7th, 2006, 00:16
I took the plane to and from France this summer and didn't have any problems what so ever either. ;)