PDA

View Full Version : everyone, help the n00b! (psp related)

ChezMichael
October 3rd, 2006, 08:10
Hey my names Chez (m/20), from Kingston, NY. Anyway I've had my PSP for a while, it has ver 1.5, and what I want to do is 1) play NES and Sega games 2) get online and 3) play ".rar" games.

I've been on this forum and website for an hour and can't figure it out!

This Devhook thing sounds cool, can I use that for the emulators and online stuff?

If somebody would just point me in the right direction, or break it down for me, my firstborn is all yours. I'm on aim my sn is yeai8urbaby. thanks!

Cap'n 1time
October 3rd, 2006, 08:16
please post things in the correct section of the forum. it will not only keep the forums clean, but also help you get your request out quicker.

-moved.

dejkirkby
October 3rd, 2006, 09:20
1. Nes games are played through NesterJ
Genesis games are played through Dgen 1.70.
Both are available on the bar down the left side of the main PSP news page.
NOTE: DO NOT ask for the games (roms) as we can't tell you where to get them. You are on your own there. Just use your PC and find them yourself.
2. To get online you need to be emulating a higher firmware. Do this by Googling DevHook Ultimate Installer. This should find you the latest version, 0.46. The .exe you download will do all the hard work for you. All you need is to connect your PSP via the USB. After installing DevHook 0.46, I recommend running the Installer again and selecting the RETURN TO Stock option. This saves you resetting your PSP every time you want to go back to 1.5 firmware.
3. You don't play ".rar" games. the .rar files are compressed, much like .zip. The game is contained inside the .rar. To get the game download WinRAR, from www.rarlab.com
When you unRAR the games, there will usually a readme.txt file. Just follow the instructions. If it isn't there, you'll have use common sense.
Good Luck

ACID
October 3rd, 2006, 09:43
Well dejkirby hit it right on the button do as he sayd.

ICE
October 4th, 2006, 00:12
listen to dejkirby, he is obviously very wise

HAMMIEZ
October 7th, 2006, 15:05
dejkirkby is right although if devhook is too confusing, you could try a homebrew browser such as links2 or something although the devhook one is still best.

psp fan
October 8th, 2006, 15:58
no other person could tell u any simpler mate dejkirkby is the man