PDA

View Full Version : harley g's recovery mode help

ICE
October 3rd, 2006, 20:17
i just installed harley g's custom firmware and i dont have a clue how to use recovery mode. can anyone tell me what i need to do to use it in case i brick my psp later. thanks in advance.

Kramer
October 3rd, 2006, 20:22
Did you even read the manual or read me
im sure your question will be answered in it

ICE
October 3rd, 2006, 20:26
no its not in there. im not that dumb............... it just explains how to boot in the 3 different modes. config. 1.5 and devhook.

Kramer
October 3rd, 2006, 20:30
maybe it's config mode I dont know I dont have HarleyG custom firmware but I think you flick the wifi button up or down. or it might be put the power button into hold while the psp boots up.

bullhead
October 3rd, 2006, 20:33
Im still a bit iffy on that subject of the custom firmware. I dont know the specifics. The readme was a bit technical when i downloaded it, so could do with some explaining.
I know to have the hold switch down, but thats all...

ICE
October 3rd, 2006, 20:35
i go to config then down to recovery menu and it gives me 5 options: Flash ms0:/index.dat to flash0, flash ms0:/recovery.elf to flash0, flash ms0:/vshmain.prx to flash0, start update eboot, and remove cuatom firmware( i know thats not it................)

Kramer
October 3rd, 2006, 20:41
i go to config then down to recovery menu and it gives me 5 options: Flash ms0:/index.dat to flash0, flash ms0:/recovery.elf to flash0, flash ms0:/vshmain.prx to flash0, start update eboot, and remove cuatom firmware( i know thats not it................)
yeah that's the recovery menu if you brick you put a 2.00 update in a folder called UPDATE inside GAME on your memstick then run "start update eboot".

ICE
October 3rd, 2006, 20:43
so if it dies can i put any update(ie. 1.5, 2.0 or whatever) into the update folder and then go to "start update"?

Kramer
October 3rd, 2006, 20:46
no only an update higher than 1.5.

ICE
October 3rd, 2006, 20:48
ok thanks man any clue as to what the other crap is? it might be useful to know later.

oh and if i do brick this thing then how can it still boot to configuration mode to run the update?

Kramer
October 3rd, 2006, 20:51
nope no idea LOL

ICE
October 3rd, 2006, 20:56
i wish these read-me's didnt expect everyone to be as smart as the coder..................

oh and on a related topic has anyone made a devhook mod so that the umd wont boot automatically like this firmware does in 1.5?

S34MU5
October 3rd, 2006, 22:04
dude i think you are using v1 get v2.
and if your talking about runing the eboots if you get bricked first you have to flash the recovery prx's
so when u put the hold switch down it isnt loading that menu from the mem stick its loading staright from flash.
then u can do the eboot running.
but i would encourage bricking to test this its a last resort!
and change the config.txt in the psp/system menu if you want to load a custom eboot bby holding x
this is in harleygs custom firmware V2
i use it, its amazin!

ICE
October 3rd, 2006, 23:15
so i have to do the flash stuff in the recovery menu first to use recovery mode? and i have the custom boot loading with holding x.

AvengedSevenfold Fan
October 3rd, 2006, 23:16
im pretty sure just hold down r when u turn the psp on

ICE
October 3rd, 2006, 23:17
hoding r didnt do anything but thanks anyways.

are there any devhook prx files that will stop the umd from automatically starting?

and can i go from 1.5 to devhook without hard starting my psp with the wifi switch down?

AvengedSevenfold Fan
October 5th, 2006, 21:09
not that i know of. but there is a complicated method of making them not auto run. at the top of your psp, to the right of the usb port, theres a button that says "open" on it. slide that to the right, and problem solved. it takes an expert coder to figure that out.

ICE
October 5th, 2006, 21:12
hmm if only i'd thought of that............... oh wait i did. im just too lazy to do it.

XpspX
October 21st, 2006, 22:20
To enter recovery/config mode turn the psp on and quickly switch it on hold. enter USB mode via recovery mode and put the 2.0 update in to PSP/GAME/UPDATE. Run the update via recovery mode also, then downgrade to 1.5 and you will have fixed your brick AND have a clean firmware.