PDA

View Full Version : Play Dreamcast games burned on CD-R on a revision 2 console... any guide?

Locoboxxx
November 11th, 2011, 20:49
Hi, is there any way to play Dreamcast games burned on CD-R on a revision 2 console? I have searched the web for a guide or straight answer but no luck so far :( Most of the info tells me that it is possible to play backups on a revision 2 Dreamcast, but no word on the method... Any info on this matter would be highly appreciated. /Marc

Basile
November 12th, 2011, 11:46
But first have you tried to run it as it is?

BlueCrab
November 12th, 2011, 18:58
If you're asking for help pirating games, go somewhere else. We will not help you with that here.

Locoboxxx
November 12th, 2011, 19:57
Thanks for your response Basie, yes I've tried CD-R's but the console won't boot those.

@BlueCarb, I got 149 original DC discs it's my right to have at least 1 backup per game, I also play tons of Homebrew.

Fonixx
November 13th, 2011, 00:17
As far as i know it can't be done without a mod chip and then you have to extract all the ISOs and burn in the data format, so you can either just buy a new DC or get a rev 1 MB and swap it out for yours, because every other part is interchangeable, but you can buy a rev 1 DC for like £10 so why bother.

BlueCrab
November 16th, 2011, 12:53
Thanks for your response Basie, yes I've tried CD-R's but the console won't boot those.

@BlueCarb, I got 149 original DC discs it's my right to have at least 1 backup per game, I also play tons of Homebrew.Assuming that you live in the US or another country with similar laws, you have the right to make one EXACT backup on or archival copy of any copyrighted material you have, presuming you do not break any sort of copy protection in doing so. You are not allowed to modify that backup copy in any way, which would be required to boot it on a CD-R on the Dreamcast.

Even if you somehow can make and boot an exact copy of a commercial game (which, as I said is impossible), it is still against the rules of this forum to discuss such matters.

As such...
TOPIC LOCKED