PDA

View Full Version : Tv/ds Interface

abeisgreat
October 5th, 2006, 17:16
Ok I was recently searching the web and i found a mans studies on a tv-ds interface. I did not believe it so I went and dug out my handheld tv with is antenna
and turned on my ds and sure enough I picked up a signal with the same image on it as the screen of my ds. Long story short here is the link:

http://homepage.mac.com/jimyounkin/PhotoAlbum16.html

ICE
October 5th, 2006, 17:34
what channel?lol

abeisgreat
October 5th, 2006, 17:41
i dont remeber I just went from channel to channel

Qerppsmmnx
October 5th, 2006, 19:29
what did you do to get it to send a TV signal?

abeisgreat
October 6th, 2006, 03:22
nothing I just turned on my ds and tv and I found the signal with an image

Qerppsmmnx
October 6th, 2006, 09:35
really? ok ok, so if i take a TV with an antenna and turn on my TV and go through channels, i will eventually run into a channel with my DS on it?

abeisgreat
October 6th, 2006, 21:31
well your tv will have to have an antenna. Like I said I used a hand held tv and I had to put the antenna extremely close to pick up any signal at all. But if your tv has an antenna then it is possible.

NoQuarter
October 6th, 2006, 21:39
What!!!??!
Now this is nuts,I gotta try it!

EDIT: I just checked the link,It's nothing more than simple interference.The picture on the TV is really crappy :(

abeisgreat
October 6th, 2006, 21:48
ya I know its crappy but its something:)

ICE
October 6th, 2006, 22:16
i'll give it a go

abeisgreat
October 7th, 2006, 00:22
just so you know my tv had a channel finder it just skims on channel till it finds on that comes in. So you may need a tv like that cause It may not be an actual channel it coulb be between two or something

Lorestel
October 7th, 2006, 22:04
Do you think there would be a difference in quality between the use of a ds phat and a ds lite?

abeisgreat
October 8th, 2006, 21:37
I dont know I only tested it on my phat

Lorestel
October 8th, 2006, 22:15
I just tried it on both. When I used my regular ds, The tv would deffenitly show something. If I used my ds lite, there would only be slight interference. I found the signal to be clearest on Vhf H on a low channel.

abeisgreat
October 11th, 2006, 20:04
Thx for the extra info. Hey someone out there should figure out why this happens!:)

bagofsnakes
October 12th, 2006, 01:46
I can't imagine wifi signals being much different then radio waves, which is what that little tv probably picks up. It's all one big electromagnetic spectrum. But as to why the ds is emitting waves when its not in wifi mode is very interesting.

abeisgreat
November 5th, 2006, 06:44
thats most likely

DooMeh1
November 7th, 2006, 21:20
I just tried this on my Original DS with a portable black and white TV, set it to UHF, and tuned around until I found it. Works like a charm.

DooMeh1
November 7th, 2006, 21:23
I can't imagine wifi signals being much different then radio waves, which is what that little tv probably picks up. It's all one big electromagnetic spectrum. But as to why the ds is emitting waves when its not in wifi mode is very interesting.

Oh, and WIFI signals ARE radio waves at 802.11b (or g) but thats not whats interfering. WIFI doesn't have to be on for this to work...

Shrygue
November 7th, 2006, 21:24
This topic sounds amazing...I ought to try this with the pocket TV and the Nintendo DS original/lite consoles I have sometime!

abeisgreat
November 22nd, 2006, 20:14
ya, its pretty cool!

pibs
November 22nd, 2006, 20:44
if u have sattelite, get ur tv input cable and just let the wire close enough to the ds and it will pick it up. tried it with my tv and does the same thing even though its not plugged in. its one of them Coaxial Cables dunno if it will work with other types of cables

crayzee find abe

btw did u try the gameboy cdplayer hehe

abeisgreat
November 23rd, 2006, 20:36
btw did u try the gameboy cdplayer hehe

No not yet