PDA

View Full Version : ir shell and devhook help needed

ICE
October 6th, 2006, 00:02
when i try to use run umd through ir shell it only works on madden 06. also when you hit run umd it gives the options to launch via BOOT.BIN and also EBOOT.BIN. madden works when i hit BOOT.BIN.

also(this problem isnt a big deal becuase i can just hit exit ir shell and switch the wifi up) when i use the devhook icon it does everything right exept my disk says "devhook sample launcher" instead of being the actual game in the drive. thanks

Destroyer699
October 6th, 2006, 00:12
When you launch via boot.bin, it loads the game. When you load via eboot.bin, it wont load unless your firmware is up to date. Don't know about the second problem.

ICE
October 6th, 2006, 02:27
but then why would only madden work?

pibs
October 6th, 2006, 02:31
Hey man I have this same problem but was too lazy to start a thread.

the sampler devhook does nothing for me >< and i try to run ir shell with my original dh and it doesn't work either.

ICE
October 6th, 2006, 03:25
its no big deal just seems dumb to have an icon called devhook that wont even let you play games through it. some deal with run umd only madden will work. just an inconvenience.

jak66
October 6th, 2006, 18:50
if you load devhook through irshell icon, it says
X=straight to XMB
O=Start UMD if present
/\ []=Quit
right, well if you press X it loads an iso (ms0://irshell/system/fake.iso) that requires firmware 8.00 to run, this is probably your problem, press O instead

ICE
October 6th, 2006, 21:00
ok i hit O and it loaded the umd but then said "game cannot be started" or something. could it be the custom firmware causing it to be all buggy?

HAMMIEZ
October 7th, 2006, 00:24
start devhook through proper launcher - irshell's "launch devhook" is known to be buggy.

Also, what devhook are you using?

ICE
October 7th, 2006, 02:48
i have version 0.44 devhook. i reinstalled it and the devhook launcher through ir shell works now so i dont know what was wrong .