PDA

View Full Version : PSP Bricked. Autopsy?

mcgenesis
October 8th, 2006, 03:20
Ok guys, my retarded friend forgot how to read, and downgraded his psp to 1.5 -- on a TA-082 Motherboard.

If there was a way to access the BIOS or flash or something, anyone think it could be restored on the fly or anything?

I'm not looking for critism, but -- it's a brick, so any ideas on how to revive it? He said I could open it so... Dunno.. should I use fire?

Video_freak
October 8th, 2006, 03:25
I would have said mod chip, but since it's a TA-082 motherboard anyways, I think your kinda screwed. :(

wolfpack
October 8th, 2006, 04:26
not very smart, sounds bricked, id suggest the fire yes.

techgt
October 8th, 2006, 06:34
Unless someone find a way to jtag it (jtag point) and use a software call jkeys also others can be used (like what we do with satellite receiver when they r dead , no night or anything .. (free to air and other) to erase the flash and reprogram it ...

dejkirkby
October 8th, 2006, 10:31
Take it back to the shop and trade it.

kando
October 8th, 2006, 10:34
yea genesis....i did that to my dad's PSP >< luckily he was under warranty and sony replaced it...otherwise i think they charge like 75 bucks to replace it....so you can try that, or perhaps sell parts on ebay and buy another....but there is no economical way to access the flash on the motherboard yourself through the hardware :(

HAMMIEZ
October 8th, 2006, 12:34
i would recommend a new board. you can get them on eBay for about £40-50 (approx. 75$). they're actually quite easy to install very little/no soldering!