PDA

View Full Version : PSP: CPS1PSP 1.0 Released (Final Version)

kando
October 8th, 2006, 08:36
NJ has released a new version of his awesome CPS1 emulator for the PSP, here's translation by kando, with some small help from babelfish, exclusively translated for DCEmu!:

Information on New Version

10/08/2006

CPS1PSP 1.0 was released. CPS1PSP will no longer be updated after this.
Please wait a little while for the source code.

--------------

CPS1PSP 1.0 - Development End (after the source is released, the project officially will stop updating.)

Modifications/corrections in 1.0:

C68K core changed to the same one in CPS2PSP.
Z80 core modified to CZ80.
Several CZ80 bug fixes.
"Renewing process is the same as CPS2PSP." (?)
Bootleg versions of games are no longer supported.
Drawing and processing codes were re-written, creating noticable speed changes.
"Corrected the pallet split application of the layer" (?)
Save/Load state added.
VSYNC is improved.
"Modification to the dip switch value, you reexamine the value of the switch, operate just Dip the initial value of Demo Sound of switch and Allow Continue modification to Yes" (?)
Corrected an autofire bug which would prevent autofiring when "Rotate Screen" is set to "Yes"
Screenshots are now saved as .PNG files.
Kernel Mode edition added.
Lots of other modifications.

2 Notes on Version 1.0 Modifications:

About "Video Sync" option:

Version 1.0: VSync Performance has improved.
When you turn VSync "On", sound quality will be sacrificed a little, but the flickering on the screen will improve, such as in "King of Dragons", where the character flickers repeatedly in each frame.
"By comparison with invalid state, when processing is late, because noise the paste is easy in sound, processing with the heavy game please make basically invalid." (?)

Recommended settings for VSync:

Raster Effects - OFF
60fps Speed Limit - OFF
Sample Rate - 11025Hz (depending on the game)...above 22050Hz is hard on the PSP.

About Bootleg Edition Games:

They worked with all versions of CPS1PSP up through beta 3, but are no longer working in Version 1.0.
Basically i have removed these due to encoding issues and the like, and for this proper version, the coding does not correspond to any bootleg edition.
Because future releases of this program will most likely be made by other coders (and thats besides the fact that I dislike bootlegs), if someone finds it necessary to add bootlegs back in, please add MAME or something to the like to reference with each one.

He says once the source is released, it will officially be done.

*wphew* my first japanese translation :D

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

splodger15
October 8th, 2006, 09:57
Good news

ACID
October 8th, 2006, 10:00
This was releaset a wild back

kando
October 8th, 2006, 10:01
all the files in the zip file were modified 10/8/06, and at different times too, this is definatly fresh out of the coder's kitchen :)

ACID
October 8th, 2006, 10:04
Maibe im wrong ill check when i get to my other PC. So dont quote me on it yet.

migsgiz
October 8th, 2006, 10:14
yes ! i can save now!!!!!!!!!!!
thk nj

ACID
October 8th, 2006, 10:24
Yep it is a new one great. What happend to your sig migsgiz

Baboon
October 8th, 2006, 10:35
Cool! Another great release from the master coder NJ! :)

I wonder what emu will be next on the list for him?

kando
October 8th, 2006, 11:41
spent the last 50 minutes or so translating the babelfish translation....enjoy, done exclusively for dcemu =) if anyone has any corrections, or can make sense of the few things i couldnt, pls reply or pm :)

babelfish translation: http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/trurl_pagecontent?lp=ja_en&url=http%3A%2F%2Fneocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp%2Fpsp%2F index.html

japanese site: http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp/index.html

cheers!

fucht017
October 8th, 2006, 11:53
Thanx NJ for al youre hard work on this fantastic CPS1 emu...Having those truly classics on my PSP is stil beyond believe...:p

mouser
October 8th, 2006, 12:18
This version is perfect. I noticed a considerable speed increase in the original Street Fighter II such that it's perfectly smooth now.

Excellent work & excellent EMU NJ!

wraggster
October 8th, 2006, 12:29
thanks kando for the translation and newspost :)

kando
October 8th, 2006, 12:37
pleasure! i do what i can ^_^

shrimpidy
October 8th, 2006, 12:37
Looks like something I might use when my borther lets me downgrade his psp.

pkmaximum
October 8th, 2006, 16:16
Wow, this is great, I have been waiting for a new version of CPS-1 for quite some time now ^_^. Also just one thing I stress a little about. I thought NJ was working on wifi ad hoc for CPS-1. Well I guess not =[

But still great to know NJ is still out there coding for the PSP. I wonder if he is going to start a new project next? Or go back and optimise's older versions?

SteveV2
October 8th, 2006, 16:21
Thanks NJ, these CPS1 games are amazing, just a shame there was only a couple of handfuls of them :)

gunntims0103
October 8th, 2006, 16:25
this is great news i love to see emu's finallized that way i dont have to worry about updating it every time the coder enhances the emu. i guess nj is finally done with this one. great job. wonder whats next for him

fucht017
October 8th, 2006, 16:36
how funny people can be...when somebody uses something original like this" ^_^",people immediately steeling it...just a notice:confused:...NEO GEO still kicks:p

aries2k4
October 8th, 2006, 16:44
Well Nj finally put the wraps on this great emu. Hm, maybe when he releases the src some crafty coder will pick up on and add ad-hoc.
Anyway thanks NJ for all your great work on this emu

Veskgar
October 8th, 2006, 16:52
What a legacy NJ is creating for himself. His works are some of the most amazing for the PSP and this is no exception. This is a wonderful EMU and PSP homebrew junkies are very lucky to have this.

Much thanks to NJ and my wishes go out to him for whatever his next project may be.

Panini
October 8th, 2006, 16:57
Thankyou so much for giving us a final version of CPS1. :)

One question though, how do you save your game on this version??

drock82
October 8th, 2006, 17:27
weres the rom converter?when i worked the roms with the last emulator they all work now im having problems-the most im having is with the parent and clone rom how can i tell if im downloading the right one,can someone please help.and with this emulator i only gotten ghouls and ghost to work and hyper fighting

Mr. Shizzy
October 8th, 2006, 17:35
Thanks NJ ! :D I love this emu.

drock82- I guess we just use the old rom converter. (Am I right guys?)

Rocksil
October 8th, 2006, 17:41
Thanks NJ for the FINAL release thanks alot. i love this emulator;)

Sauron96
October 8th, 2006, 17:48
...funny, I was on the bowl last night and thought about this emu.

Can somebody provide a game list again? I deleted this and the CPS2 off my card a few weeks ago because the two of them started acting funny. It apeared the files replicated and there was over 20 gigs of info on my 4gb memory stick so I eneded up having to format the whole thing.

kayhanbakid
October 8th, 2006, 22:32
weres the rom converter?when i worked the roms with the last emulator they all work now im having problems-the most im having is with the parent and clone rom how can i tell if im downloading the right one,can someone please help.and with this emulator i only gotten ghouls and ghost to work and hyper fighting

This is CPS1 not CPS2. I don't think you need to convert the roms at all.

mouser
October 8th, 2006, 23:35
Correct. You don't need to convert the ROMS for the CPS1 emu, only CPS2.

NovaKane
October 9th, 2006, 01:55
What's a CPS1 or CPS2 thread w/o me :p j/k

I gotta give big props to NJ once again. We finally got the save state for CPS1! This dude is a legend. Now I can go back and play with those games knowing I can save on the go. Thanks!

Edit: Not that's a big deal, but Street Fighter II Rainbow Edition doesn't work. Maybe because it's a bootleg rom.

Everything else works perfect and at full speed too. Great work NJ.

michaelson
October 9th, 2006, 02:37
wish street fighter II rainbow romset worked, I don't care that its bootleg its fun as hell to play I remember playing it in the arcades as a kid

aleborri
October 9th, 2006, 08:32
Yes!!!! Finally save/load and more! NJ you're awesome, thanks :D

Panini
October 9th, 2006, 11:38
Please could someone tell me how to save on this CPS1 emulator? People must know because theres loads of comments saying how good the save/load option is? I just cant work it out??

Ta

neosan
October 9th, 2006, 16:21
just press select and start at the same time, then sqeeze the left trigger. if it is like CPS2 and NeoGeo that is.

neosan
October 9th, 2006, 16:23
BTW, great work on this NJ! All of your hard work is appreciated.

Has MAME on PSP evoloved into anything this good? I would love some TMNT on the psp =)

animekid4
October 9th, 2006, 16:42
what is this a ps1 emulator?

gunntims0103
October 9th, 2006, 16:49
what is this a ps1 emulator?

bro are you even reading:confused:

its a capcom arcade emu:rolleyes:

NovaKane
October 9th, 2006, 18:36
Has MAME on PSP evoloved into anything this good? I would love some TMNT on the psp =)

Your best bet for TMNT (arcade style) is on the SNES emu. I don't think MAME will ever be completed at this point.

Note:
Dipswitches are a little different for this version of CPS1. You have the normal way of accessing them (start+select, etc etc). If that doesn't work, then you have to access it the CPS2 way (L+R+select, etc etc).

For anyone new to dipswitches, it allows you to change the number of lives, difficulty, coin/credit (or Free Play) etc.

drock82
October 9th, 2006, 21:40
i wonder if u can access the dipset switch in the arcade:rolleyes:

kando
October 9th, 2006, 21:50
i wonder if u can access the dipset switch in the arcade:rolleyes:

dipset dipset dipset what! ow!!!

go diplomats! killa camron!!

dip switches.....=p

dipset = rap group

/snickers

drock82
October 9th, 2006, 21:59
would anyone happen to have a game compatibilty list this would greatly be appreciated:) because i download every rom set and i still cant get them to work what gives

NovaKane
October 9th, 2006, 23:13
would anyone happen to have a game compatibilty list this would greatly be appreciated:) because i download every rom set and i still cant get them to work what gives

http://www.mameworld.net/maws/

On the left side, go down to the drop menu labeled "driver". Click on CPS1.c and click search.

XD @ Dipset :cool:

jurkevicz
October 11th, 2006, 21:46
...am I the only one who misses SF2 KYORIU? I mean, great release and NJ is awsome but I loved playing that game sometimes. I hope when he releases the source, I can add that game back!:confused:

NovaKane
October 11th, 2006, 23:49
...am I the only one who misses SF2 KYORIU? I mean, great release and NJ is awsome but I loved playing that game sometimes. I hope when he releases the source, I can add that game back!:confused:

What version of SF2 is that?

For the record, yes dipswitches can be accessed in the arcade as well. The person in charge is probably given instructions on how to open/operate the cabinet and switches.

Have you ever noticed that new arcade games would start out from $.50-$1.00? Then when they get older, you could play them for $.25? Yep...dipswitches ;)

Apoklepz
October 11th, 2006, 23:54
Can anyone confirm Street Fighter 1 running on this? If so, what region rom works? ...Or do I have to merge two or more of them....+ will the Mame rom work as well?

Sorry about all the questions, but I really wanna get this game running on this emu, since it'll cut down the size on my MS from having to play Fighting Street(J).iso everytime on PCEPSP 0.7....

Thanks.

jpolz
October 11th, 2006, 23:57
Does anybody know how to get ahold of NJ?

I wanted ask him about possibly writing an emulator for 1st generation Cave hardware. It's pretty similar in specs to the CPS II hardware:

http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=803

Having DoDonPachi & ESP ra.de. on the go would be killer!

Apoklepz
October 12th, 2006, 00:20
Off topic....That board even looks similar to the CPS ones...Those game are pretty good eye candy, too. Good luck getting NJ. This would be a great addition to emulation on PSP...Athought, where would you get the games :?

jpolz
October 12th, 2006, 00:51
Off topic....That board even looks similar to the CPS ones...Those game are pretty good eye candy, too. Good luck getting NJ. This would be a great addition to emulation on PSP...Athought, where would you get the games :?

Cave hardware has been emulated in MAME for quite some time. The EEPROM images can be had realtively easily if you can't dump your own.

QueadlunnRau
October 12th, 2006, 03:09
Damn I have not posted in here in a grip ... but this thread deserves attention ... NJ another great update from you ... you are legendary to me!

kando
October 12th, 2006, 03:22
[email protected]

hope u speak japanese :)

Apoklepz
October 12th, 2006, 04:24
Cave hardware has been emulated in MAME for quite some time. The EEPROM images can be had realtively easily if you can't dump your own.

...Oh...Ok, then I hope in time it get's emulated for PSP.

Again, can anyone confirm if STREET FIGHTER 1 runs on this CPS1 emulator? I'm about to give Mame4All a stab at it, but I would really like to know if it works on this Final version NJ has so kindly put toghether for us all....Some one Please answer me, I've tried every version of this rom...even merged some, but it won't work.

Thank You

kando
October 12th, 2006, 05:28
street fighter 1 is not a cps1 game :(

Apoklepz
October 12th, 2006, 05:43
Aaaaaaawww Crap! I knew it! It didn't show up in any CPS list anywhere...How is this possible? Thank you Kando....BTW, I can't seem to get it to work on Mame4all...I do have a perfect working sf.zip in the roms folder...what am I doing wrong?

ACID
October 12th, 2006, 05:47
Your best bet is mame4all 0.2 version it works flawles there not so good in the last release.

jurkevicz
October 12th, 2006, 17:25
It was a clone of the SF2 CE (A LOT BETTER THAN RAINBOW) where ken or ryu had a shoriuken with 10 hadowken at the same time. You could change caracters while playing, etc... I highly recomend it!

Apoklepz
October 12th, 2006, 17:46
I've seen that done with a game genie code on SNES Super Street Fighter II:The New Challengers...Air Hadokens, Hadokens shooting out of Shoryukens, Shoryukens that span the whole screen's lenght, Nuclear Mutant looking Characters(they Glow)etc......Maybe character switching too, but I don't remember. Google it up, I'm sure it's somewhere around those cheat sites...and the last SNES9xTYL runs that game perfectly, so that should be no problem...+ you save MS space, since it's a SNES rom....should be around 4 to 5MB, I think.

Baboon
October 12th, 2006, 18:16
Street fighter 1 does work on mame4all 0.3 (its the rom 'street fighter world'), but its a mare to play and pull off special moves on the PSP.

I prefer 0.3 because it gives you the option to select a full screen and the use of the analog stick, but I cant work out how to define your own controls.

kando
October 12th, 2006, 19:49
nj + mame = a new challenge for him? :) who knows...

pkmaximum
October 13th, 2006, 17:21
NJ already announced that MAME wouldn't run much better than already now if he took up the project. After all MAME and CPS-1, CPS-2, NEO GEO MVS, NEO GEO CD. Are all different consuls. So MAME, is already as good as its really going to get I guess.

Apoklepz
October 13th, 2006, 19:50
Street fighter 1 does work on mame4all 0.3 (its the rom 'street fighter world'), but its a mare to play and pull off special moves on the PSP.

I prefer 0.3 because it gives you the option to select a full screen and the use of the analog stick, but I cant work out how to define your own controls.

Hey Baboon, I finaly got it to work on Mame4all 0.3...Street Fighter (World), that is...I just named the zip file SF1.ZIP...although there's no silly voicing in this one whatsoever...I wouldn't know if it's the emu or the rom that's causing this...Fullscreen is the ugliest I've seen on any PSP emulator so far, so I just play it on "fixed" mode. The attack buttons lag a whole second after tap to respond...sheesh! but I did manage to beat it already...you just have to tap,tap,tap like crazy lol. BTW, here's the button configuration that'll map the attacks like Street Fighter II...you know square, triangle and shoulder L for punches & cross, circle and shoulder R for kicks...enjoy the very "stiff"one...heh.

FIRE01 Auto = OFF
FIRE02 Auto = OFF
FIRE03 Auto = OFF
FIRE01 Maps to PSP X button (short K) = X
FIRE02 Maps to PSP O button (medium K) = Y
FIRE03 Maps to PSP shoulder R button(roundhouse K)= R
FIRE04 Maps to PSP [ ] button(jab P) = A
FIRE05 Maps to PSP /\ button(medium P) = B
FIRE06 Maps to PSP L shoulder(fierce P) = L
FIRE07 Same effect on PSP = Volume UP
FIRE08 Same effect on PSP = VolumeDown
FIRE09 Maps to Directional Pad = Joypad PUSH
FIRE10 Maps to "1Player" arcade button = START

Or just remember the name "Sir Rable"...get it?

Baboon
October 13th, 2006, 21:03
Thanks for the config info Apoklepz, I'll give it a blast when I get the chance. :)

I wonder what NJ's next mission will be? ...what ever it is you just know its gonna be great for the psp homebrew community! Once He releases the source for his emu's I'm hoping someone will put it to great use and maybe get games working like Bubble Bobble, Strider 2, Golden Axe: revenge of Death Adder etc. :D

kando
October 13th, 2006, 21:17
yea mame does stand for "multi arcade machine emulator" so yea...cps1, cps2, neogeo....they are all mame, technically...

i guess what i ment was to expand to another system....maybe the one MK1/2/3 work off of....galaga 88? the simpsons?

jurkevicz
October 14th, 2006, 20:40
with info on his emulators, anyone care to translate? Please please:eek: