PDA

View Full Version : Rumour - VirtualPSP [PSP emulator for Windows] Screens and Info

wraggster
October 8th, 2006, 18:17
UPDATE-

Theres quite a discussion of the validity of this emulator as it now seems that its coded in Java, im going to leave this newspost up for now and update it when its proven either fake or not, but for now we are going with the fake option until proved wrong

Sometimes news hits the scene and it amazes all, today we have had a newposting by forum member S!ms of his announcement of his PSP Emulator for windows, the emulator is being worked on as we speak, heres some screens-

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/virtualpsp2.JPG

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/virtualpsp1.JPG

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/virtualpsp3.JPG

Nows heres what S!ms posted:

Hi folks,

I have been working on this for ages, and maybe you guys would like to know what's going on.

I am working on a PSP Emulator for the PC (32bit currently), called VirtualPSP. It is a fully working PSP, but now on your PC. It does read the dumped flash (like devhook) and emulates it. (I'm not gonna post all the technical details here, because only 1% will understand what i mean lol).

As you see it is working, but it runs very slow. Maybe it is my PC (1.3Ghz/256MB RAM), but i'll try to fix this and let some people try.

Online play (infrastructure) will be available too, all connecting Peer to Peer. (My server will function as a main host). I need some time to get this fully working though. I can connect to my LAN pc's, but it freezes when the game's loading. I'll try to fix this anyway.
Maybe i can add Ad-hoc function through the internet? (Like KAI)

And no, i'm not gonna release this *yet*. It can take a while, but if i need some testers, i'll PM you.

I would like to recieve some feedback of my work.

~S!ms

All sounds very very interesting doesnt it, well as with all announcements from as yet unknown coders we must take this as a rumoured news, what this means is we arent trying to disrespect the coder but try to not build up the news too much if it is a fake.

But if this is real then wow its great news for the whole PSP Scene :), if the coder agrees to me having a beta to verify the release then ill shout out the news from everywhere, the moment i can verify it ;)

Full info and screenshots at this thread on our DCEmu forums here --> http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=38357

Emeriastone
October 8th, 2006, 18:21
This is incredible. I hope it's real and I hope it rocks.

valar
October 8th, 2006, 18:23
i cannot believe it.i knew it will come out but i never expected it so fast.can i emulate ps1 on psp emulator for windows? lol forgot to say that p2p play turns me on...

mnuhaily22
October 8th, 2006, 18:24
If this is real, this is gonna rock, I still think that the PSP loads so slow, even if you use ISO's(Sorry, I know we arn't supposed to talk about then), but then again this uses ISO's to run, so ha, in your face.jk,lol.

PSPages
Well done, looks like your onto something there.

Just to let you know, I will be more than happy to test for you when you get round to it. Look forward to receiving a PM. :D

Video_freak
Did he give you that beta wraggster? :)

pkmaximum
October 8th, 2006, 18:25
Hmmm... this doesn't exactly scream fake. But I agree its best to take something like this as a rumor... till proven true. I think S!MS should at least give you a copy Wraggster =]

Omnicrash
October 8th, 2006, 18:29
Clearly fake.

AtariFreek
October 8th, 2006, 18:31
i'll beta test.

BrooksyX
October 8th, 2006, 18:34
Interesting.
(Ill Beta Test!)

JKKDARK
October 8th, 2006, 18:35
I wish a a public release soon :)

parsifal968
October 8th, 2006, 18:36
is it's real then it's a real improvement for the homebrew coder for PSP!
All the work and test on PC and then running on PSP on final stage.

SSaxdude
October 8th, 2006, 18:39
I'll beta test this, but I'm not sure this is real.
If it was real, it could only load isos, so what's the point of DCEMU covering it then?

dski1326
October 8th, 2006, 18:40
man even though i have a psp it would be nice for emulators cause of all the free memory also um *cough*iso's*cough*

Gabba Gandalf
cant wait ill test it too :D

YourStillWithMe
videofreak-haha good comment dude. By the by do you EVER stop posting? Its kind of scary do you sit on your computer all day? I'm sorry but the lord did invent friends, nature and school :/

i think this is cool and all but this doesnt help with hacking higher firmware or playing newer games. However, online play on this would be nicer for sure NBA 07 online=amazing!

Video_freak
October 8th, 2006, 18:43
videofreak-haha good comment dude. By the by do you EVER stop posting? Its kind of scary do you sit on your computer all day? I'm sorry but the lord did invent friends, nature and school :/
I don't post all day. I go to school, I have homework, I sleep 8-9 hours a day, and I have a life. DCEmu just mixes into all of that. :D

Veskgar
October 8th, 2006, 18:45
This looks interesting. I'd rather run all my ISO's on the PSP though. Although having infrastructure multiplayer would be great on games that usually only have ad hoc.

Then couldn't you use Wi Fi Controller to actually control the emulator with your PSP? That'd be cool as well.

And yes, this would have to use ISO's so can't we please end the ridiculous ISO discussion ban?

uhoh_hotdogs
October 8th, 2006, 18:47
Wow, if this does turn out to be real it would be very nice indeed.

valar
October 8th, 2006, 18:48
when this windows emu comes out at reasonable or full speed,psp sales won't go up.lol.i shouldn't laugh really...

Jpdeathblade
October 8th, 2006, 18:51
DUDE from the looks of the pick you can load any firmware! Sweet!

Ill beta test for you too...also port this to mac later on. I own both mac and windows but i use mac more often...you own... you just do =P

Man
October 8th, 2006, 19:09
I think tht this looks really good, i like the idea of Playing against other people. Seems like a good i dea, i would love to beta test, i have a retativly fast computer.

gamesquest1
October 8th, 2006, 19:13
i think its fake, i always save everyting is fake like but i would have thought any coder would just make 1 firmware folder instead of flash 1 and flash 0 well thats just my crappy in put also it looks fake cus it says now you press f5 for screenshot if sumbody was coding this wouldnt they already know and its not exactly to inform users as there are none

BlackJack23
October 8th, 2006, 19:27
This news makes me very sad indeed.
The day they release an emulator for a console is the day its own days become numbered.

I think this could be great for homebrew developers as they could test releases on their computers with full PSP functionality but the daunting potential for piracy is just not cricket.

Hopefully this turns out to be fake.

I'm really sorry for saying this guys and I think its a great feat. Really I do.

Uzumaki_Naruto
October 8th, 2006, 19:30
i'll be a beta tester gladly...

Accordion
October 8th, 2006, 19:31
i want this locked, it is against the dcemu way.

i have to report wraggster for promoting psp ISO use!!!

sad...

polo_1
October 8th, 2006, 19:32
:) :cool: This looks damm great -. nice work.......... this is awsome what you guys are able to do . if you need a tester i`m your man.....................

polo_1
October 8th, 2006, 19:33
This is great for tedsting homebrew................

JD/
October 8th, 2006, 19:34
I cant believe dcemu is promoting this (if it i real) whta happened to no iso this will only hurt the psp if you want to play psp then buy one i say.

What good could this do for the psp you can already test homebrew on pspe and commercial game developers probably already have these to test games so why bring a windows emu that will obviously emulate isos for people to pirate all I can see is psp sales going down and crap games coming out because of it the psp games were just starting to get some back bone and know this crap. I really hope its a rumour

mr_nick666
October 8th, 2006, 19:34
i cannot believe it.i knew it will come out but i never expected it so fast.can i emulate ps1 on psp emulator for windows? lol forgot to say that p2p play turns me on...

/\ /\ Why not use ePSXe to emulate Playstation on the PC :confused: It works great on my PC (2.6gig AMD, 2gig RAM, 128mg Graphics, 400gb HD) :D

If this is real then cool! :p Fingers crossed :rolleyes:

StealthCP
October 8th, 2006, 19:35
Clearly fake.
lol sorry, just had to quote this. It's amazing how many people sign up to make one post about something being fake. I mean come on... how do you know it's fake? And clearly fake, at that? It looks pretty genuine to me.. As a developer, I know it's always been possible, but very hard to make an emulator for the PSP.

Out of interest, why just for Windows? There is a definite lack of emulators out there for multi-platforms, as I am a 100% Linux user. I suppose I might get your emulator running through Wine or Cedega (Wine still seems to run some odd games better, I don't know why :D) but I'd be happy to help out. I'd be best at tidying up code, but if you want someone to create code from scratch - get another guy :p I'm not great at emulators.. but I'm learning :)

emuking
October 8th, 2006, 19:58
weird a couple of days ago one of my friends told me that someone he knew was able to play psp games and other homebrew for it on his computer, i said that was a lie but he said it was the truth a couple of times, i never found out if he was lying either, do you guys think my incident has something to do with this, or is it that my friend lied to make me look dumb or something and that this coming out a few days later is just a coincidence, either way this is great news, imagine playing this psp emu on a umpc :D

psp411
October 8th, 2006, 20:13
Interesting.
(Ill Beta Test!)

same:D

valar
October 8th, 2006, 20:13
/\ /\ Why not use ePSXe to emulate Playstation on the PC :confused: It works great on my PC (2.6gig AMD, 2gig RAM, 128mg Graphics, 400gb HD) :D

If this is real then cool! :p Fingers crossed :rolleyes:

i made a joke about running ps1 games on psp emu for windows.i know epsxe and it's really great piece of software,anyway,thanks for trying to help..

sojaraider
October 8th, 2006, 20:26
peut etre que c'est vrai peut etre que c'est faux seul l'avenir nous le dira !

RetroGoth
October 8th, 2006, 20:36
Awesome news

gamesquest1
October 8th, 2006, 20:36
why is everybody saying ILL BETA TEST dya really think its gonns happen yeah its called beta testing cus its a beta and its only for testing not just whey everybody who says ill beta test can have it cus evey1 would ya gotta trust the prople you give it to not to just try to act big and release it to everybody

mr_nick666
October 8th, 2006, 20:41
i made a joke about running ps1 games on psp emu for windows.i know epsxe and it's really great piece of software,anyway,thanks for trying to help..

Damn me for a fool! :o Ah well! :rolleyes:

splodger15
October 8th, 2006, 21:31
I really hope this is real

Jpdeathblade
October 8th, 2006, 22:15
All thoses who saying that this is bad, it will ruin the psp market...it wont!

There was 25,000 psp sold in japan from sep 25 to oct 1st. Chances are 100 of them will get into homebrew. The rest will buy games and play them...

You are thinkning that that everyone and there mom knows about homebrew.

And as promoting iso it dosent...you can also run homebrew on it as well... so idk why you guys are all pms'in over this...

Accordion
October 8th, 2006, 22:25
All thoses who saying that this is bad, it will ruin the psp market...it wont!

There was 25,000 psp sold in japan from sep 25 to oct 1st. Chances are 100 of them will get into homebrew. The rest will buy games and play them...

You are thinkning that that everyone and there mom knows about homebrew.

And as promoting iso it dosent...you can also run homebrew on it as well... so idk why you guys are all pms'in over this...

seeing your sig does not help.

valar
October 8th, 2006, 22:27
to be honest i wouldn't like psp emu for pc.the reason is that i'm happy psp owner and i don't need to play its games on my computer although p2p gaming sounds cool.what developers should do is include bloody online multiplayer in all psp games...and i'm not a big fan of sony but it's obvious they won't be happy when people load psp isos on that emu.

forgot to say that i wouldn't be surprised if these screens were fake.

JD/
October 8th, 2006, 22:28
This is bad I dont think any one said this is going to ruin the psp but its damn well gonna hurt it why would someone buy a psp if they can play the games and homebew on their psp.

I think your underestimating the amount of people that have computers and know about emulators Its not hard to find out about them.

This will only hurt the psp I dont know why people on forums want this because they probably all have psps and have no use for this since pspe can already test homebrew apps so mostly people will use this for isos and that will lead to piracy which will hurt the psp.

shrimpidy
October 8th, 2006, 22:41
If this is real than It would certainly help in deciding which games to buy for the actual system for on the go gameplay.

valar
October 8th, 2006, 22:45
If this is real than It would certainly help in deciding which games to buy for the actual system for on the go gameplay.

am i wrong or i can smell iso downloading?:(

you can read reviews,there plenty of them.

spajdr
October 8th, 2006, 22:59
am i wrong or i can smell iso downloading?:(

you can read reviews,there plenty of them.

well maybe he mean, that he can try demos of games.

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
October 8th, 2006, 23:41
very interesting...i hope its real, but im sticking to fake yntil it does come out!!

Tetris999
October 8th, 2006, 23:45
wow why the frick is a NINTENDO DS EMULATOR is not realesed this makes no friggin sense and i see it impossible people are working hard to work the ds emulator and this guy just comes up and says hes coded a whole PSP emulator? NAAAAAH

gimpyjr
October 9th, 2006, 00:22
you could definatley use it to learn new exploits for the new firmwares so that all these great coders don't have to worry about bricking their PSP's

imoneofthem
October 9th, 2006, 00:40
"Online play (infrastructure) will be available too, all connecting Peer to Peer. (My server will function as a main host). I need some time to get this fully working though. I can connect to my LAN pc's, but it freezes when the game's loading. I'll try to fix this anyway."
Maybe i can add Ad-hoc function through the internet? (Like KAI).

And the current DS emulators can barely load a backup copy.....you gotta be kidding me.

It sounds very interesting yet unbelievable..
We'll just have to wait and see...

glennpfc
October 9th, 2006, 00:50
This is bad I dont think any one said this is going to ruin the psp but its damn well gonna hurt it why would someone buy a psp if they can play the games and homebew on their psp.

I think your underestimating the amount of people that have computers and know about emulators Its not hard to find out about them.

This will only hurt the psp I dont know why people on forums want this because they probably all have psps and have no use for this since pspe can already test homebrew apps so mostly people will use this for isos and that will lead to piracy which will hurt the psp.

Don't people buy PSPs to play games portably...how would an emu help that?
Slight over reaction dont you think?

FrozenIpaq
October 9th, 2006, 01:18
wow why the frick is a NINTENDO DS EMULATOR is not realesed this makes no friggin sense and i see it impossible people are working hard to work the ds emulator and this guy just comes up and says hes coded a whole PSP emulator? NAAAAAH

There are several working NDS emulators for the PC..

JKKDARK
October 9th, 2006, 01:23
like ideas and desmume ;)

tuta
October 9th, 2006, 06:50
I hope this aint true I love my psp and this would deffinitely effect sony and the psp

Vangar
October 9th, 2006, 07:30
Fake. We don't even have PS2 Emulation yet, and the DS emulators are poor at best. Im sorry but a single person created this in the time offered? I seriously doubt.

dejkirkby
October 9th, 2006, 07:31
Sony will just get a cease and desist order, citing this runs iso's.

opiate81
October 9th, 2006, 08:47
I wouldnt say its fake just because its "nearly finished"
personally I wouldnt speak a word of it until it was done if I made something like that.
I also couldnt see it killing the psp.. Sony seems to be doing an alright job of that itself (with some help from the DS) Ive had my psp for 6 months now and havent played a single psp game any longer than the night that I hired it.. as far as Im concerned its just a flashier GP2X
I hope it IS real so the people kindly making downgraders only have to deal with bricked emulators :p

jaker
October 9th, 2006, 08:48
ok their is a ps2 emulator

http://www.pcsx2.net/

the pcsx2 runs fine with almost every game.

do your research!!!! also their is a xbox emu's

Exoskeletor
October 9th, 2006, 09:18
interesting. i want to help on beta testing

spajdr
October 9th, 2006, 10:08
Its really amazing that some people didnt even know that there is working PS2 emulator, where you can actually really play Final Fantasy X and X2, speed is not great still, but with dualcore cpu its enjoyable.

MikeDX
October 9th, 2006, 10:15
LMAO

I just read the original thread posted (referenced in the news link) and I almost wet myself laughing so hard at the "developer".

Too funny. move along.

Stew2000
October 9th, 2006, 11:29
Totally pointless for me. It's only good for homebrew.

razorak
October 9th, 2006, 12:32
Totally pointless for me. It's only good for homebrew.

and pirates?

beansta
October 9th, 2006, 12:44
lol, sony are gonna have a field day when they hear bout this. a ceast and desist order will be slapped upon it faster than it takes the psp to boot up..................... seriously tho i hope this is real it looks very interesting and could help the homebrew comunity gr8ly. but on the minus it could help all the pirates out there

Rocksil
October 9th, 2006, 13:06
To say the truth it looks fake it looks like they used the devhook screen capture plugin and used photoshop to make does shots. if it is not fake i wish 4 the public release to come out quick

S!ms
October 9th, 2006, 15:50
Wow, it was a quite shock for me i saw my topic was locked. Somewhere i can actually understand it, and too bad i can't explain some things (after i did go to bed, because it about 14 hours later)

Firstly, i hope most people will read this, so clearify some things.

Firstly, i AM NOT any other member here! This is my only one and single account i have, and i AM NOT an Italian! I'm dutch, from The netherlands, and i only know the italian word 'si'. :p <a mod checked the ip's, and confirmed i am not. thank you>
If you don't believe that i'm dutch, go to www.emiles-site.tk and translate it from dutch to english. If it keeps the unknown language, maybe i'm italian, oherwise i'm dutch ;)

I see lot of people don't believe me, and I can only say one thing about that:

See it yourself at the public release!!

Also, i WILL NOT accept any invites from people who say they just bought a new pc and want to be a Beta tester. I will pick some people first, and after that maybe an automated beta system which you can sign up for. PLEASE DO NOT PM ME!
Also a quick note: No, waggster WILL NOT be a beta tester. Maybe he's an admin, but i don't trust him, because i hardly know him.

I hope i clearyfied some questions, and i hope the old thread could be unlocked, or i got permission to start a new one.

Thank you. :)

~S!ms

P.S: Stop adding me on MSN, my list is already full :p

Cloudhunter
October 9th, 2006, 16:00
P.S: Stop adding me on MSN, my list is already full :p

With the limit 600? Surely you can spare one more? J/k. :p

I must admit, I kinda lost faith at one bit. But now i've slept on it, If it's real, I'll wish you luck.

Good Luck S!ms, real or not :P

Cloudy

PS: Does the offer of more technical information still stand? :P

S!ms
October 9th, 2006, 16:06
yes, but i would like to do that in another thread, not this one :)

Cloudhunter
October 9th, 2006, 16:08
yes, but i would like to do that in another thread, not this one :)

Ok, I recommend setting up a new thread with technical details on the end. That way, they can't complain there is no proof. And as long as you know what you are talking about, it should be fine :)

dejkirkby
October 9th, 2006, 16:11
This is the reason devs drop projects like hot potatoes. rather than thanking and praising devs, they are slandered and pestered for releases, until they think. F**k, it. I'm not coding to take this sh*t.

MikeDX
October 9th, 2006, 16:16
Personally I think that this project is 100% fake. The original screenshots do not even line up with each other correctly.

Also, there is the "java" stuff... which is just mindblowing ridiculous.
now there is "i dont trust wraggster" even though he has the most up to date working beta copy of the best psx emu for the psp?

s!ms, you should be renamed to sl!me.

S!ms
October 9th, 2006, 16:18
This is the reason devs drop projects like hot potatoes. rather than thanking and praising devs, they are slandered and pestered for releases, until they think. F**k, it. I'm not coding to take this sh*t.

That's why i'm planning to not release it to just everyone. This project is actually worth alot of cash, and i'm not quite sure if i want to prove this isn't fake to the noobs. Soon i am going to release a automatic beta tester server, which let you download the files freely, but you can't run it until i validated your IP and who you are. This won't be really secure, but secure enough to let the nice people test and not the "Fake pl0x?!" noobs ;)

Edit: MikeDx is gonna be of the 'you will not be able to test'ers :p

Line's are not aligned? please, get yourself a copy of MSpaint 1.0. I didn't knew they could change anyway lol. I'll try to fix that, heh :p :p

DPyro
October 9th, 2006, 16:20
Yes, this is definitely fake. Lemme guess, your gonna send this to a 'freind' who will say its real....Sounds PSDonkey like to me.

spajdr
October 9th, 2006, 16:21
S!ms : how much games you tried?

S!ms
October 9th, 2006, 16:23
Daxter, SyFy and loco roco

I haven't got more iso's i could dumped, and piracy sucks :)

MikeDX
October 9th, 2006, 16:23
S!ms : how much games you tried?

See, this is the funniest part

he's only tried "a certain firmwares" and the speed is slow but his screens show 30fps constantly and aparently the memory usage uses some java that only works on solaris.

This thread needs locking. Time to put in my application to wraggster to become a mod :rolleyes:

S!ms
October 9th, 2006, 16:25
MikeDX, please read my FULL topic before saying dumb things, which you are doing right now...

MikeDX
October 9th, 2006, 16:26
MikeDX, please read my FULL topic before saying dumb things, which you are doing right now...

please learn to code and learn the difference between taking screenshots using screenshot.prx and writing an emulator

both of which i've done ;)

ps if it turns out to be real i'll eat a dog poo

Hungry Horace
October 9th, 2006, 16:26
Also a quick note: No, waggster WILL NOT be a beta tester. Maybe he's an admin, but i don't trust him, because i hardly know him.

it's this comment alone that frankly makes you sound a fool mate. you're quite willing to come over to the site and post on and on about the fact it isnt fake, and talk about only letting certain people test, but you wont take the trust of one of the most respected (non-developer) members of the PSP community? neither do you seem to want to make any effort to descredit your doubters, other than saying "well its real - so now you cant test it"

it's not my place to suggest whether this is real or not, and tbh, i dont really care, but the way you have gone about this, are you really that surprised so many people have doubts?

S!ms
October 9th, 2006, 16:28
For me waggster is just a name with the 'administrator' line below it. I trust my friends, not someone who had luck his community growed :)

MikeDX
October 9th, 2006, 16:29
For me waggster is just a name with the 'administrator' line below it. I trust my friends, not someone who had luck his community growed :)

Sir, you truly are an idiot. :D

S!ms
October 9th, 2006, 16:32
Thanks, but if you join a community you're new to, and some people you don't know say like "that guy, you can trust him!!", will you give him your project you actually only want to keep for yourself or friends?

Hungry Horace
October 9th, 2006, 16:33

another comment which makes you sound a fool. why should anyone else trust your "friends" say anyway? yes, i understand having your major beta testing done by someboady close (i do a lot of beta-testing myself)... but here we are talking about gaining the respect and trust of a community here, i just thought you should realise you're not going about doing that very well by refusing all proof of work to a third party.

S!ms
October 9th, 2006, 16:35
I will let my friends test first, and AFTER that OTHER people. maybe waggster? I don't know. But he isn't better, or more trustworthy than anybody else...

MikeDX
October 9th, 2006, 16:35
I will let my friends test first, and AFTER that OTHER people. maybe waggster? I don't know. But he isn't better, or more trustworthy than anybody else...

I will release a psp emulator myself before we see anything from you :)

Hungry Horace
October 9th, 2006, 16:40
Thanks, but if you join a community you're new to, and some people you don't know say like "that guy, you can trust him!!", will you give him your project you actually only want to keep for yourself or friends?

if you only want you and your friends to have it... why release screenshots on a public forum?

its pretty obvious by now that it is situations such as this that cause devs to either keep their projects to themselves until release, or are seen actively enroll a respected member of the community.

it's not exactly rocket science. or assembly coding :p

S!ms
October 9th, 2006, 16:43
Read please, i will *maybe* release this for public, as i already said. I only said my friends should beta test first, BEFORE it goes public!

quzar
October 9th, 2006, 16:43
To all of those who said it was stupid for him to not want to send wraggster a beta: would you, if asked, loan wraggster a large sum of money without any kind of contract with his word that he'd pay you back?

If this is real, and he intended on it being a commercial product, why would he send wraggster a copy just to prove it's existance to a bunch of whiney people on an internet forum?

gunntims0103
October 9th, 2006, 16:44
S!ms you should release a beta to wraggster he's pretty trust worthy. just look at AC the coder thats trying to hide his idenity and uses wraggster to put out his work. wraggster even test the beta take screens and post them. he doenst take credit for the work he's just assuring us that its real. he even takes the liberty of not saying who AC really is. if this is legit you should really send at least one beta out to wragg just to shut all of us up.........praise you if this is real

DoofDilla
October 9th, 2006, 16:47
hi,

i have a quick question regarding your screenshots.

on the 2ns ss (plain xmb) it says "daxter.iso" in the title so i would assume that the iso is already mounted. you can see the update icon right below the umd icon (the way it should be)

on the 1st screenshot(daxter) the update icon is missing? why is that?

Yungblaqs
October 9th, 2006, 16:48
Get this guy to add PMF support so we can create icon1.pmf's easier

MikeDX
October 9th, 2006, 16:51
hi,

on the 2ns ss (plain xmb) it says "daxter.iso" in the title so i would assume that the iso is already mounted. you can see the update icon right below the umd icon (the way it should be)

I have another question

why is it using no more ram when you have the daxter bg and icon loaded? by my reckoning it should be at least 3mb more.

quzar
October 9th, 2006, 16:51
S!ms you should release a beta to wraggster he's pretty trust worthy. just look at AC the coder thats trying to hide his idenity and uses wraggster to put out his work. wraggster even test the beta take screens and post them. he doenst take credit for the work he's just assuring us that its real. he even takes the liberty of not saying who AC really is. if this is legit you should really send at least one beta out to wragg just to shut all of us up.........praise you if this is real

So you're measure of how much you should trust someone is based on the fact that other people trust them? Not a very good system if you ask me.

Hungry Horace
October 9th, 2006, 16:52
To all of those who said it was stupid for him to not want to send wraggster a beta: would you, if asked, loan wraggster a large sum of money without any kind of contract with his word that he'd pay you back?

you know full well that is nothing like the situation here. he wouldnt even have to provide a full beta. he could modify his code, limit the functionality severly (have only one firmware / program work, and for a limitied time or something) and still prove that his work is real.

If this is real, and he intended on it being a commercial product, why would he send wraggster a copy just to prove it's existance to a bunch of whiney people on an internet forum?

commercial product??! hahah... get real. that would require Sony endorsement and this is the last thing they would want given all the fuss they've kicked up before regarding emualtion of their machines.

Read please, i will *maybe* release this for public, as i already said. I only said my friends should beta test first, BEFORE it goes public!

read please "i dont intend on releasing this fictional emualtor"

i'm sorry, but i was quite willing to not have an opinion on the matter, i was merely questioning your attitude towards the members of this public forum, but your responses so far have lead me to have serious doubts regarding crediblity. if you wont give respect to others who you dont know anything about, why should anyone give it to you?

S!ms
October 9th, 2006, 16:56
hi,

because i just inserted the daxter image, and it took a while to load (it's still slow) so the title bar did updated, but the xmb didn't yet.

So i bet you're asking now why there was already an update icon? Simple: there must be a emulated disc0 or otherwise it crashes.

Try it, go to your psp and instert an umd. the icon/update will appear before the 'game bg' will appear :)

gunntims0103
October 9th, 2006, 16:58
So you're measure of how much you should trust someone is based on the fact that other people trust them? Not a very good system if you ask me.

all im saying is that wraggster seems like a thrust worthey guy i mean he is running a whole site if he wasnt trust worthey he would post all our info on sum perv site and we'll be getting pop up's of profanity all day:D ............. and from example as seem on how he handles AC and his work...........he seems pritty thrust worthey............heck if i coded this i would send a beta to wragg just to let everyone know that its true:)

instead of having a news breaking post and have everyone flame you saying that its not real:eek:

this is all im saying

quzar
October 9th, 2006, 17:06
commercial product??! hahah... get real. that would require Sony endorsement and this is the last thing they would want given all the fuss they've kicked up before regarding emualtion of their machines.

How would that require permission from sony? If it doesn't use anything that they *own* they can't do anything about it.

all im saying is that wraggster seems like a thrust worthey guy i mean he is running a whole site if he wasnt trust worthey he would post all our info on sum perv site and we'll be getting pop up's of profanity all day:D ............. and from example as seem on how he handles AC and his work...........he seems pritty thrust worthey............heck if i coded this i would send a beta to wragg just to let everyone know that its true:)

instead of having a news breaking post and have everyone flame you saying that its not real:eek:

this is all im saying

Trust is an extremely subjective thing, adn that is all I want you to realize. Wether or not this is fake doesn't mean that any coder should have to trust wraggster with their program if they don't want to, and their reluctance to do so shouldn't imply that what they are doing doesn't exist.

gunntims0103
October 9th, 2006, 17:10
yea i understand. that the coder reseaves teh right to make his work public or not and just because he/she doesnt want to send a beta to prove its real doenst nessesarily mean its fake

-yes and trust is a extreamly subjective thing i know just because a person seems trust worthey doesnt nessesarily mean that person is

i see the piont quzar

edit--

but quzar dont you think that what s!ms did is wrong and irrisponsible to post pics of his works as "tessers" and then say he's not going public with it you know as well as i do that you would get flamed for this. better to just keep it under rapps all together

DoofDilla
October 9th, 2006, 17:10
Try it, go to your psp and instert an umd. the icon/update will appear before the 'game bg' will appear :)

thanks for your fast answer.

as you said, the update icon will appear before the game gb, but thats what i am wondering about because there isnt any update icon in the first screenshot. (or is the update folder stripped from your daxter iso?)

S!ms
October 9th, 2006, 17:13
yep, it's ripped :)

Hungry Horace
October 9th, 2006, 17:26
How would that require permission from sony? If it doesn't use anything that they *own* they can't do anything about it.

how about the copyright to the phrase "PSP", even the "intellectual concept" behind it.... it's not even possible to argue it as a grey-area.

it would be a piece of piss for Sony to shut down such an emualtor in a court-of-law, even without providing firmware files and you know it. thinking otherwise i would suggest you were deliberatly being naieve.

quzar
October 9th, 2006, 18:11
how about the copyright to the phrase "PSP", even the "intellectual concept" behind it.... it's not even possible to argue it as a grey-area.

it would be a piece of piss for Sony to shut down such an emualtor in a court-of-law, even without providing firmware files and you know it. thinking otherwise i would suggest you were deliberatly being naieve.

No, it wouldn't. There is absolutely nothing wrong with commercial emulation w/o permission from the creator of the hardware. Hell, the only way that nintendo was able to shut down the gba emulator for the tapwave (that was going to be sold with it) was that they had patented something to do with gb emulation.

Now, that being said, I'm sure sony COULD somehow shut it down, but it wouldn't be due to it being illegal, it would probably end up as a civil suit of some sort with BS terms not intended for sony to win but simply cost the author a lot of money in legal defense.

software
October 9th, 2006, 18:19
I'll beta test !!!!

toto
October 9th, 2006, 19:06
Daxter, SyFy and loco roco

I haven't got more iso's i could dumped, and piracy sucks :)

I think that there are 3 differents point of view regarding a psp-emulator:
-devs:"Wonderful, with this thing, I'll be able to create better homebrew than ever, because i will take no risk for developing homebrews that the whole community will enjoy safely! besides it makes me gain a lot of time (time that I'll then be able to share with my beloved girlfriend)"

-member of the community (light side):
"whoa! with this thing, I'll be able to test every piece of homebrew before puting it in my real psp, thus I will never take the risk to brick my beloved psp; I will not be scared any more by Warning: New PSP Virus on the Loose! Be Aware!!! kind of news.
And I'm happy to know that the devs can spend more time with their girlfriend! What a wonderful world!!"

-member of the community or not (dark side):
"Hehehe...what another nice way play pirated games!! the emulator isn't released yet but the first thing we know (thanks to the screenshots) is the fact that it runs ISO perfectly (no apparent graphical glitch but slow).Over five screenshots that has been made to describe the capacity of the emulator, 3 of them represent an official game...It seems to have been made for piracy!"

But there is one thing that everyone think about:
It's too good to be real...and it's easy to make fake... And last but not least:If there is no release there is no way to prove either it is real or not!

Now I think that everyone has a little of the 3 points of view but according to what we have of the emulator for the moment, which point of view will win...

S!ms
October 9th, 2006, 19:12
I don't support piracy myself, and I had no meaning to make this for pirates. They have to know what to do with it, and i can't block it to refuse 'pirated' iso's, because there's no difference :)

Vega
October 9th, 2006, 19:21
Its alwaysthe same, when someone releases pics of something major, the "too good to be true" phrase gets used alot.
I've learned not to dispute over stuff likes this, it gets us nowhere, lets just wait and see.

toto
October 9th, 2006, 19:23
You can make the devs point of view or the light side win, it's up to you!
Think about the moment of bliss the devs will share with their girlfriend...they don't have that much time...don't you think it worth it ?

Cloudhunter
October 9th, 2006, 19:49
You can make the devs point of view or the light side win, it's up to you!
Think about the moment of bliss the devs will share with their girlfriend...they don't have that much time...don't you think it worth it ?

He forgot the dark side of the light side: If this comes out, WE'LL spend less time with our girlfriends :P

alamosh
October 9th, 2006, 19:58
No offense, S!ms, but this is clearly a fake.

toto
October 9th, 2006, 19:58
He forgot the dark side of the light side: If this comes out, WE'LL spend less time with our girlfriends :P

but the light side of the dark side of the light side:
we will lend our psp to our girlfriend so that we can play against her from the computer ;)

BOzard
October 9th, 2006, 22:11
apologies if it was already asked, but i don't want to read the 100+ postings in this thread.

my question:

which hardware specs should our pc have to run an emu like that?

MikeDX
October 9th, 2006, 22:15
which hardware specs should our pc have to run an emu like that?

An emulator of that kinda spec really should need a 2ghz+ to run full speed in c and asm in directx.

this "emu" is meant to be written in java, so I would expect double.

nebulator
October 9th, 2006, 22:25
Not to say that it is fake but ..i could make a better fake ....
lol..
seriously ..some one send me loads of psp screenshots and ill make a better fake ..
i'll make videos and everything ..lol

quzar
October 9th, 2006, 22:27
An emulator of that kinda spec really should need a 2ghz+ to run full speed in c and asm in directx.

this "emu" is meant to be written in java, so I would expect double.

you overestimate the psp's power if you think a proper emulatore in c, asm and with hle hardware rendering (implied by directx) would take a 2+ghz processor. (either that or your measure is an old 2.0ghz p4 200mhzfsb)

MikeDX
October 9th, 2006, 22:47
you overestimate the psp's power if you think a proper emulatore in c, asm and with hle hardware rendering (implied by directx) would take a 2+ghz processor. (either that or your measure is an old 2.0ghz p4 200mhzfsb)

I'm not going on the newer cores with loads of l2 cache, i am basing it on the old amd 2400xp

MikeDX
October 9th, 2006, 22:50
Not to say that it is fake but ..i could make a better fake ....
lol..
seriously ..some one send me loads of psp screenshots and ill make a better fake ..
i'll make videos and everything ..lol

first you should make yourself contactable... ;)

nebulator
October 9th, 2006, 22:57
err thought i was ...hmm ...fixed ?

fackue
October 9th, 2006, 23:22
http://www.free-screen-capture.com/free-screen-capture/download.html

Capture a video of the emulator running, then that'll shut everyone up. Using the highest quality and FPS settings in the options, and then zipping it with 7z can zip a 95mb video to a measly 700kb.

nebulator
October 9th, 2006, 23:25
Ok...just cos i can ..and for some reason want to,
i will make a fake !

GPF
October 9th, 2006, 23:34
does the emulator support gdb debugging or anything like that? So that those of us that don't have hardware always with us or don't always need hardware to test with while coding homebrew software?

If you need a tester of that type of thing let me know. I don't care for commerical game emulation, just homebrew coding tools.

thanks,
Troy(GPF)
http://gpf.dcemu.co.uk

Tinnus
October 9th, 2006, 23:48
The PSP is VERY powerful.

- 2x 333 MHz MIPS R4k-family CPUs with one VFPU
- Sound harware
- MPEG decoding hardware
- GPU with all the fancy stuff (even if part of it can be mapped to, say, DirectX, there's still cost to translate the operations)

Emulating the 2 CPUs alone wouldn't be feasible with Java. To be exact, emulating the PSP without a dynamic recompiler won't be feasible, and Java CAN NOT do dynamic code generation.

For a comparison, the PS1 CPU is 33Mhz. And the rest of the stuff (GPU / GTE) is far simpler than the PSP's. How much CPU time do you have to spare emulating PS1 in a 2 GHz PC with an interpreter?

quzar
October 9th, 2006, 23:52

- Sound harware
- MPEG decoding hardware
- GPU with all the fancy stuff (even if part of it can be mapped to, say, DirectX, there's still cost to translate the operations)

Emulating the 2 CPUs alone wouldn't be feasible with Java. To be exact, emulating the PSP without a dynamic recompiler won't be feasible, and Java CAN NOT do dynamic code generation.

For a comparison, the PS1 CPU is 33Mhz. And the rest of the stuff (GPU / GTE) is far simpler than the PSP's. How much CPU time do you have to spare emulating PS1 in a 2 GHz PC with an interpreter?

You should read the post you are quoting. I was responding to the comment that an optimized psp emulator written in assembly and C with hle graphics emulation could not run on a 2ghz pc. Not that an emulator built in Java for the psp could.

Tetris999
October 10th, 2006, 00:23

- Sound harware
- MPEG decoding hardware

TINNUS JUST POWNED WOOOT! me hate psp emulator cuz im stuck up and i dont want ds people getting to see what a psp is like!

And i hate S!ms for making this!! i know im stuck up but hate when someone goes blah blah i got it on my computer it pisses the crap outta me

This may have insulted many but im just exspressing myself :p

Tinnus
October 10th, 2006, 00:30
You should read the post you are quoting. I was responding to the comment that an optimized psp emulator written in assembly and C with hle graphics emulation could not run on a 2ghz pc. Not that an emulator built in Java for the psp could.
First, I wasn't necessarily disagreeing with you, only adding my bit of info.

Second, even in C it would be a hard task.

Third, me talking about Java had nothing to do with your post, but with the supposed information the emulator is being written in Java.

(I hate that kind of confusion with posts... people end up fighting for nothing :p )

MikeDX
October 10th, 2006, 00:35
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=245841

SpacemanSpiff
October 10th, 2006, 00:39

- Sound harware
- MPEG decoding hardware

Don't commercial games only use the PSP's main processor, and the ME was only supposed to be used for audio/video playback? So he wouldn't have to emulate the ME get commercial games running, right? Not that this emu isn't complete BS, I was just wondering.

MikeDX
October 10th, 2006, 01:15
Look I have proof :p

Tinnus
October 10th, 2006, 01:24
And what would you want to run commercial games for? Go buy a PSP and the games then :)

Can't say it's a PSP emulator if it doesn't fully emulate the hardware... well, not if it misses a whole CPU!

BTW, another sign it's a hoax is that the guy goes all around saying he played in the XMB and a commercial game, but no single word about homebrew--being that the biggest advantage of an emulator would be to be able to debug homebrew more easily.

Cloudhunter
October 10th, 2006, 01:29
Look I have proof :p
Don't post your fake crap here. This emulator may be fake, but no need to confuse matters.

Cloudy

MikeDX
October 10th, 2006, 01:43
Don't post your fake crap here. This emulator may be fake, but no need to confuse matters.

Cloudy

It's called a joke, get off your high horse and try laughing once in a while.

Cap'n 1time
October 10th, 2006, 01:46
i have to admit.. its kind of funny actually.

Cloudhunter
October 10th, 2006, 01:48
It's called a joke, get off your high horse and try laughing once in a while.

I appreciate a joke as much as any sane person. I just don't think it is good to fool around like this. Any noob could run it, and then end up complaining on the forums it doesn't work. You have to think of the collateral damage this could cause.

Why do you think the original thread was removed?

Cloudy

SpacemanSpiff
October 10th, 2006, 01:53
And what would you want to run commercial games for? Go buy a PSP and the games then :)

Can't say it's a PSP emulator if it doesn't fully emulate the hardware... well, not if it misses a whole CPU!

Even so, there shouldn't be much overhead for emulating both processors if they aren't being used at the same time! You obviously know a lot more about the PSP's hardware than me so correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought I read that the ME runs at 1 MHz when it isn't being used (and same with the main CPU, hence the official spec sheet listing both processors as having a clock speed of 1-333 MHz).

Why would I want to run commercial games on an emulator? Well I wouldn't have to wait for DevHook to load, I wouldn't have to deal with long UMD loading times, I wouldn't have to deal with the shoddy PSP hardware (the buttons sometimes stick and its near impossible to pull off a diagonal with the d-pad), and I wouldn't have to recharge it every few hours to name a few reasons. Also, while this won't happen for a long time it would be nice to play PSP games in high resolution with improved texture filtering and FSAA, which many games desperately need.

MikeDX
October 10th, 2006, 02:08
Why do you think the original thread was removed?

Because I asked PSPDemon to remove it as some people were started to ask me what the controls were.

quzar
October 10th, 2006, 02:12
I love it that when people act like asses, everyone else is on a high horse.

Tetris999
October 10th, 2006, 03:36
rawr rawr crazy people war rawr rawr i dont like emuator rawr rawr me eat you rawr rawr emulator foolish can never beeee done rawr rawr me eat quzar and mikedx rawr rawr im crazy sane person who likes to argue rawr rawr ooga booga i like to have psp on my computer rawr rawr ME TORTURE YOU BARBECUE YOU AND THEN EAT YOU SPACEMAN rawr rawr ME BIG ALIEN rawr rawr CHOMP CHOMP! (eats spacemanspiff

spacespiff: "nooooo!"

CHOMP CHOMP!

Oh yeah its all i joke dont take it personally :p
this depicts spacemanspiff getting his head ripped off and some crazy coder wanting to eat him ( i wont point)

Why would I want to run commercial games on an emulator? Well I wouldn't have to wait for DevHook to load, I wouldn't have to deal with long UMD loading times, I wouldn't have to deal with the shoddy PSP hardware (the buttons sometimes stick and its near impossible to pull off a diagonal with the d-pad), and I wouldn't have to recharge it every few hours to name a few reasons. Also, while this won't happen for a long time it would be nice to play PSP games in high resolution with improved texture filtering and FSAA, which many games desperately need.

how dare you insult our investments! lol its thee psp you makin fun of

oh yeah i consider the drawing worth it, its to make it funny

SpacemanSpiff
October 10th, 2006, 04:41
When did I say anything bad about the emulator? Other than that it's an obvious fake :p
It's pretty pathetic that you actually spent some time drawing that :p

MikeDX
October 10th, 2006, 10:21
lol

I love you guys, this thread has made me smile

Tetris999
October 10th, 2006, 15:21
that makes me feel better :p just remember its a freakin joke

quzar
October 10th, 2006, 16:59
I can't help but shudder at the though of "what if this isn't fake?" given that there is no way to know without doubt I cannot see how you all can be so mean about it. Boggles my mind it does.

matt3224
October 11th, 2006, 09:58
ill beta test it for you . no probs

keefurxxcore
October 20th, 2006, 00:50
ill beta, alpha, and gamma test :D

JKKDARK
October 20th, 2006, 01:26
ill beta, alpha, and gamma test :D

No, you will not test. Because it is a fake :(

salem123
November 23rd, 2006, 12:29
can i be beta tester

plz

Deshevy
November 23rd, 2006, 12:38
i downloaded a version of this off a torrent site but in the version right now you cant play any iso just the homebrew which is kind of useless

salem123
November 23rd, 2006, 12:41
wher i can find the emulator

Deshevy
November 23rd, 2006, 13:36
search for it on *links removed by zion* - warez

Zion
November 23rd, 2006, 13:41
this has been proven fake, and the "author" of it has been banned from this forum