PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of getting into the DC emu scene...

GI_Josh
October 8th, 2006, 19:00
Hey everybody. I have never owned a DC, but after I got my PSP, i have become enthralled with homebrew games and apps. I have been reading about all the cool stuff that is out for the DC. My question is, do you think that I should hunt up a used dreamcast solely for the purpose of homebrew? If so, where should I get it? Should I just use ebay, or is there some other site you might recommend? Thanks for all the help!

JKKDARK
October 8th, 2006, 19:11
Yes, get a dreamcast, it is awesome!! Also i recommend eStarland (http://www.estarland.com/index.asp?page=DefaultPage), where you can buy dreamcast and other stuff.

quzar
October 8th, 2006, 20:55
If you are in the US, I'd say look around locally first. I've heard many people find DCs in pawn shops for ~20$. If not, then ebay is the way to go. For the price is it definetly the best hardware you can get for emulation.

GI_Josh
October 9th, 2006, 16:11
hey guys, thanks for the comments. I searched around, (both locally and online) and I finally settled on a dreamcast with two controllers, two memory cards (one is a VMU) and five games from ebay for $55, including shipping. Not too shabby, I think! Locally, there are no pawnshops I know of around me that sell too many video game consoles, plus, the ones I've seen are pretty beat up. I ordered from ebay because the seller said that the system was tested and worked perfectly, and he even inlcuded the original box. This made me think that this person really cared for their system. Now, I just can't wait until it arrives!