PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Downgrading 2.71 Se-a

ukbigdave
October 9th, 2006, 20:37
Can someone please tell me how i can downgrade my 2.71 SE-A back to 1.50? i've tried the 2.71 downgrader from Dark_Alex, and that hasnt worked

***EDIT*** I'VE MANAGED TO DOWNGRADE BACK TO 1.50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This thread can be deleted/closed

MikeDX
October 9th, 2006, 20:39
Can someone please tell me how i can downgrade my 2.71 SE-A back to 1.50? i've tried the 2.71 downgrader from Dark_Alex, and that hasnt worked

you just put the 1.50 updater eboot in the recover dir and run recovery mode.

Why do you want to go back to 1.50?? SE rocks big style.

BL4Z3D247
October 9th, 2006, 20:40
well it has to be done thru "recovery mode" but i'm not sure what the process is....if u want i can do a little reseach :)

edit: look at MikeDX's post :D, thanx bro saved me some research ;)

ukbigdave
October 9th, 2006, 20:43
ahh mate cheers i'll give that a go, i've spent all day trying to sort out 2.71SE but i preferred my original setup with 1.5 dhook2.71 and hg_cfw

thanks for the advise tho, i'll let you kno if it works

P.S just a standard downloaded 1.50 firmware?

ukbigdave
October 9th, 2006, 20:53
right, that hasnt worked.

i downloaded a 1.50update, placed it in:

ms0:/PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP

booted recovery mode, and went to the third option

"Run program at /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP"

the screen went black, the memory card flashed, the psp turned off, and nothing.

once i rebooted the 2.71SE-A firmware was still there. tried a second time, no joy. any ideas?

bullhead
October 9th, 2006, 21:00
The 1.5 eboot has to be in the recovery forlder (in the GAME folder) and named as "UPDATE.PBP"
Then run the program through recovery.

ukbigdave
October 9th, 2006, 21:25
The 1.5 eboot has to be in the recovery forlder (in the GAME folder) and named as "UPDATE.PBP"
Then run the program through recovery.

cheers for the input buddy, but unfortunatly when i changed the filename and run it, it goes into 2.71SE-A and comes up with the error:

The game could not be started.
(80010002)

any other ideas?