PDA

View Full Version : 2.8 tiff loaded through video

splodger15
October 9th, 2006, 21:56
After seeing the thread in the PSP-Hacks section as well as the author's enw method oflaunching hombrew, I thought Id try it, and what do you know, the MUSIC thumnail viewing has the same effect as the PHOTO thumbnails. This means we can launch TIFF homebrew with a most likely different caching behaviour, resulting in a possibly more stable launching method.

Because of recenet bickering and thick headed-ness, not too many people can see the original founder of the MUSIC method. Assuming all who look here would have looked there, the author of that thread would be suffienct enough to be 'credit'. I guess not, so the founder of the MUSIC viewer launching method is dylandangles, and if you look more closely, I havent said I found this anywhere, rather I was just confirming it.

Anyways, it's important to know the utt-most BASICS of what's happening within the TIFF file called 'loadbin.tif'.

Inside loadbin.tif, hex edit it to edit it else just view it with notepad, you'll find a string around... (im too lazy to look up the offset ) Better yet, just scroll down until you reach alot of NULL bytes (0), scroll up from there until you come across a chunk of symbols, at the bottom you should see the path to the bin to be loaded. Better yet, here's a tutorial on howto get Tetris up and running through the MUSIC directory...

1. Get the tetris game, look at its contents. You should see a JPG, a BIN and a TIF. We only need the TIF and BIN.
2. Take your favorite Hex Editor (google it for one) open up the TIF. Scroll down until you reach alot of 0's, once there, scroll up until you find a chunk of symbols, followed by a path (or do a ASCII string search for 'ms0').
3. Now, this path is the pathway to the .bin file to be loaded. AKA what game is to be loaded. Since we don't want to make a mess out of just one game, we'll keep our files together. Edit the path from saying something or other:

Code:
ms0:/psp/photo/tetris/tetris.binto

Code:
ms0:/psp/music/tetris/tetris.bin4. Note, most hex editors don't support deletion, rather over-write. So just type over 'photo' with 'music'.
5. Now, we have our TIF image when displayd on the PSP, to load the tetris game .bin from psp/music/tetris/tetris.bin. Now we need to do the main part of this newfound stabability trick... View the TIF image from the MUSIC directory.
6. Simple: Copy hte TETRIS folder your working in (you should have edited the TIFF image in it, as well as kept the tetris.bin in it) to the MUSIC folder.

That's it! No need to rename loadbin.tif or whatever .tif you have to .jpg, as the MUSIC thumbnail viewer works just liek the PHOTO viewer, meaning it supports TIF images as thumbnails

Taken from QJ

http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-development-forum-11/t-videotut-launching-tiff-homebrew-music-movie-more-stable-73006.html

AvengedSevenfold Fan
October 9th, 2006, 22:04
so 2.81 can probably use tiff through music or video?!?!?!

kando
October 9th, 2006, 23:28
there are dozens of tiff exploits just waiting to be found....

splodger15
October 10th, 2006, 18:03
so 2.81 can probably use tiff through music or video?!?!?!

the tiff exploit in 2.81 has been patched

AvengedSevenfold Fan
October 10th, 2006, 19:44
yeah, but i might not be effective in the other menues

dagger89
October 10th, 2006, 20:40
yeah, but i might not be effective in the other menues
No, the code within the Tiff has been completely blocked through an upgrade of the .tif code... It will not run anyway on 2.81+...

psp828
October 11th, 2006, 01:49
i hope 2.81 gets hacked soon so we can use bigger mem sticks.

splodger15
October 11th, 2006, 13:07
i hope 2.81 gets hacked soon so we can use bigger mem sticks.

2.80 can already have bigger mem sticks