PDA

View Full Version : 1.5 Firmware - Umd Trouble.

mattwhite
October 9th, 2006, 22:56
I have a quick question for all you homebrewers out there. I recently bit the bullet and downgraded my 2.60 PSP to 1.5. Fortunately, the downgrade worked a treat and I can now run homebrew. The only thing is, everytime I place a UMD disc into the PSP it insists I upgrade back to 2.60 to start. Is there anyway around this? Is there a way to stay with firmware 1.5 but use UMD's without any trouble?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Cheers.

Nookadum
October 9th, 2006, 23:43
You will need the power of Devhook, my friend. :)

PlagueMusic
October 9th, 2006, 23:47
edit: poof its gone. google and ye shall find. -CAP'N
this app is god

SSaxdude
October 10th, 2006, 00:20
Dude Plaguemusic take the link off. I'm not against the use of DH in any way, but when gave that link to someone I got a warning. And it sucks having be warned for like the 5th time.

Video_freak
October 10th, 2006, 00:24
So mattwhite, you have two options.
1. Use Devhook to emulate 2.6 so that you can play your UMD, but when you reboot you have 1.5 again.

OR

2. Get the 2.71 custom firmware, which has about 99% compatibility with 1.5 homebrew and can run your UMD because it is over 2.6. (Oh and you'll also get all the features of 2.71, such as the web browser and video codecs...)

doctor zee
October 10th, 2006, 09:15
hi guys can sum1 please help? ive just downgraded from 2.60 to 1.50 and am running hombrewfine but i carnt run my umd,s becuse it asks me to update is there a simple way of getting round this because i had ago at the above thing but messed it up.im new to all this ya see. thanks in advance ;-)

dejkirkby
October 10th, 2006, 09:40
Google for DevHook 0.46 ultimate installer.

doctor zee
October 10th, 2006, 15:07
cheers m8 i sorted it ;-) one more thing can sum 1 tell me how i get the umd roms of original psp games on a 512 card imtrying to dump them on my mem stick is it to small or am i doing sumthing wrong???:confused:

DraconumPB
October 11th, 2006, 17:25
This site isn't for ROM discussion, thanks... please be forewarned that mods can/will ban you or mod your posts for asking for or discussing ISOs and other illegal subjects. Sorry =/

ACID
October 11th, 2006, 17:30
Hey just google like dejkirkby sayd. People stop posting the link to the installer you will get in trouble. Hey you dont want captains rath on you then dont do it.