PDA

View Full Version : Is my PSP bricked??? Please Help!!

goldenmage
October 10th, 2006, 00:37
Recently my PSP did something very strange. I was in the middle of reading an eBook in Bookr, when all of a sudden, my PSP froze up. I tried holding down the power switch to shut it down, but it didn't respond. So I then proceeded to remove the battery.

After a while I turned it back on. The intárnal battery drained, so I had to enter the time and date. While doing so, the PSP froze again. I then went through the process of removing the battery to restart the PSP, and the same thing happened.

Does anyone know what this problem is and how to fix it?

MikeDX
October 10th, 2006, 00:39
Sounds like your battery is stuffed

gunntims0103
October 10th, 2006, 00:39
try charging it fully then turn it on..........if that doesnt work you might have a brick on your hands

NoQuarter
October 10th, 2006, 03:04
It really doesn't sound like a brick.

BL4Z3D247
October 10th, 2006, 03:10
nah i don't think it's a brick, don't know what it could be though

gamehunter101
October 10th, 2006, 03:43
its not really a brick try getting a new battery

BL4Z3D247
October 10th, 2006, 03:50
or try taking out ur MS

goldenmage
October 10th, 2006, 04:11
I took out the memorystick, but it did nothing. I'm charging the battery now...

boy I hope that I don't have a brick on my hands. If I do, this'll be my second. If so, I'm gonna quit homebrew...and I'd hate to leave my life of homebrew.

pibs
October 10th, 2006, 04:23
hmm how about u take off the battery and run it straight from the power source, that should solve the whole *is the battery dead* problem, if it doesn't work it might be the psp

ICE
October 10th, 2006, 04:32
if it were the battery then wouldn't it just go black not just freeze?

goldenmage
October 10th, 2006, 19:11
Okay, I fully charged the PSP, but instead of going to the initial screen, it doesn't load at all... But the weird thing is, the power indicator doesn't come on (Which should come on, even if you brick a PSP). I remember when I bricked my old PSP, the light came on, but there was a black screen. This time, the power indicator doesn't even come on.

I tried plugging it in directly (without the battery) and the orange light flashes momentarily and then goes out.

I think the problem is a faulty power supply, or *sob* a brick. :(

What do you guys think? Could my battery be the problem? Or is it something else?

NoQuarter
October 10th, 2006, 19:14
Do you have any form of custom firmware installed?

BL4Z3D247
October 10th, 2006, 19:35
sounds like u got something loose inside ur psp, or maybe something got fried :confused:

splodger15
October 10th, 2006, 19:36
sounds like u got something loose inside ur psp, or maybe something got fried :confused:

Thats what i was thinking

AvengedSevenfold Fan
October 10th, 2006, 20:25
what firmware do u have? i dont think its a brick. what exactly happens when u turn the psp on?

goldenmage
October 10th, 2006, 22:15
what firmware do u have? i dont think its a brick. what exactly happens when u turn the psp on?

Nothing. No light on the power indicator, and nothing comes up on screen. It doesn't even power up.

I am almost entirely sure that it is a hardware issue. Problem is, I don't know what exactly is the problem. If I did, I could just order a replacement part and install it myself (unless it required some advanced soldering skills, of which I do not have...)

What do you guys think? Is it my battery? My power supply? Or could it be something else?

shadow786
October 11th, 2006, 17:59
i need help to i was using x-flash and i had spoof on i removed the spoof firmware and then i clicked restore everything wen it fished my psp screen went black and the memory card light started flashing i took my battary out hopin it will work but no it keeps doin the samething can u tell me if my psp is bricked

NoQuarter
October 11th, 2006, 18:19
Woah, you took the battery out while using X-flash?Not a good move!!
Try putting the restore files X-flash generates or your 1.5 dump on the memstick.

shadow786
October 11th, 2006, 18:38
noquarter were do i get restore files X-flash generates and wot do i do next

so isn't it brick

splodger15
October 11th, 2006, 18:41
I dont know what this could be

shadow786
October 11th, 2006, 18:43
so there is hope dat the psp i not
bricked

splodger15
October 11th, 2006, 19:22
Its sounds like a hardware or a brick

shadow786
October 11th, 2006, 19:45
wot should i do

splodger15
October 11th, 2006, 19:49
buy a new one check your warranty and get it repaired

SnesR0X
October 11th, 2006, 19:54
yes, that sounds like some sort of hybrid weird brick, but don't give up on it comepletely, hope you get some results

shadow786
October 12th, 2006, 14:09
sum 1 esle had the same crise as me but he done it by downgrading hers wot they (i don't get it wot files were on his ms)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know if this is how its supposed to work but I had the weirdest thing happen. My friend gave me his psp to downgrade because he had 2.7 and I was going to install a custom firmware. So I took it home and downloaded the downgrader and got it all started. Went to red screen which is supposed to happen and then its supposed to crash. It didn't though. Just went to a black screen after a while and stayed there. I let it stay for ten minutes on the black screen before I unplugged it. I started thinking "crap, did I just brick my friends psp!?" So I turned it on and to my suprise.... brick. All I got was a black screen with the mem stick light blinking every now and then. I was scared to death and was thinking of what I could do. Then the idea hit me to stick in my memory stick and see if maby the psp was trying to write some files. As soon as i stick it in bam! My emulated 2.7 popped up. The same firmware that my devhook runs loaded! I tried running the downgrader on it from there but it didn't work. So here I was with a psp that only loaded on my memory stick. Then the idea hit me to try and load the recovery console since I had the cust firmware on my psp. Figured hey, if it can run my emulated firmware maby it can run the rec con. Rebooted with the power switch on hold and it worked! So I stuck the 1.5 eboot on my mem stick and installed it through the recovery console and it installed. So using the memory stick from my cust firmware psp I was able to unbrick my friends psp. I'm not sure if thats how its supposed to work but it did.

techgt
October 13th, 2006, 19:05
if u didn't know where what file go on the MS u could have use Downgrader2.71FULL (2.71 Downdater by Dark_AleX/Mathieulh/Yoshi) and it would put the file in the correct place on the MS ....

shadow786
October 16th, 2006, 19:21
Will Dis Work