PDA

View Full Version : (clean version) What is the best firmware to use for PSP

drunk3nrabbit
October 10th, 2006, 04:41
What is the best firmware for running homebrew? I'm planing on getting a UP mod chip. I want to run Ixx's and the widest range of homebrew apps.

(sorry for the last post, the system won't let me edit my posts but it will let me make a new thread)

-ben

Video_freak
October 10th, 2006, 04:44
1.5 is currently the best and most reliable. ;)

the_eternal_dark
October 10th, 2006, 04:44
What is the best firmware for running homebrew? I'm planing on getting a UP mod chip. I want to run Ixx's and the widest range of homebrew apps.

(sorry for the last post, the system won't let me edit my posts but it will let me make a new thread)

-ben

Why run iso's? The used games are dirt cheap right now. 1.50 is the best for homebrew right now, but Dark_aleX just released an awsome 2.71 fw with 1.50 homebrew support.

BTW, not a good idea to ask anything about running iso's here, good way to get banned.

Video_freak
October 10th, 2006, 04:45
How cheap and where eternal dark?

Nafogel
October 10th, 2006, 04:49
why are you planning on getting a modchip? is your psp a ta-082, if not you could just downgrade it, and the ultimate firmware for homerew is 1.5. emphasis on HOMEBREW. isos only hurt the homebrew scene, besides, most commercial psp games out there arent even worth playing, and the very few that are you can pick up at gamestop for 20 bucks. stay away from piracy!!!

pibs
October 10th, 2006, 04:49
well at blockbuster i remember them telling me something about that if u rent a game and you like it u can buy it for $15 dunno if it was limmited time offer but doesn't hurt to ask. yea and i don't wana answer drunk's question cuz i know his intentions ><

dejkirkby
October 10th, 2006, 07:38
I'm refusing to help too. Keep your law-breaking to yourself.

mnuhaily22
October 10th, 2006, 12:21
I will not help anyone that is okay with piracy.Do you not understand that it is a crime to steal, and downloading pirated crap is stealing.

MikeDX
October 10th, 2006, 12:32
I will not help anyone that is okay with piracy.Do you not understand that it is a crime to steal, and downloading pirated crap is stealing.

I hope you dont run any emulators

Kramer
October 10th, 2006, 12:44
Yeah I bet he has hundreds of roms of games he doesnt own.

Lodis
October 10th, 2006, 13:36
I hope you dont run any emulators

I understand why most are against ISO's but if we are honest, using emulators can also potentially damage the Psp and how many people can honestly say they only use ROMS that they own.

I very much doubt many people will buy GBA games and dump them just to play them on their Psp.

Many of the games people mention playing are not sold anymore but it does not mean they will not get released as a package again in the future.

I have also noticed quite a few old games being released on the Psp that we can already play on emulators such as Metal Slug, Road Rash, Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter Alpha and more.

The excuse of ''these games aren't sold anymore'' doesn't really stand up anymore with recent rehashes of old games and a Psx emulator planned.

MikeDX
October 10th, 2006, 13:40
I dont care if a game is sold anymore or not. Fact is, you can't be against piracy, and then promote software that allows the use of pirated games (downloaded, dumped etc).

All those people "24 hour use" and "playing backups" It's all rubbish. there is no english law that allows you to play a copied version of a game you already own.

splodger15
October 10th, 2006, 20:31
I dont care if a game is sold anymore or not. Fact is, you can't be against piracy, and then promote software that allows the use of pirated games (downloaded, dumped etc).

All those people "24 hour use" and "playing backups" It's all rubbish. there is no english law that allows you to play a copied version of a game you already own.

Well said

dagger89
October 10th, 2006, 20:38

-ben

a)YOUR OWN Ps1 backups for an emulator?
b)Or stolen backups from online?

If its "a" (which is still shady), 1.50 or 2.71 SE-A
If its "b"..
Expect a warning... Downloaded ISOs are Bad....

Cloudhunter
October 10th, 2006, 20:49
a)YOUR OWN Ps1 backups for an emulator?

I don't think he was on about an emulator.

Basically, the best firmwares are either 1.5, or the new custom 2.71SE. Either way, you need to downgrade to 1.5 first.

Cloudy

the_eternal_dark
October 11th, 2006, 01:53
How cheap and where eternal dark?

Digital Planet down the road in murfreesboro, tn. Games from $7 - $25. It just depends on what they have at the time and how many they have.

It's a place that from time to time will have good games for sale cheaper than ebgames/gamestop.

SnesR0X
October 11th, 2006, 04:33
Why are people so against you-know-whats in a homebrew and emulation forum?? am i missing the point of devhook here?

ICE
October 11th, 2006, 04:42
splodger, please tell me that quote in ur signature wasnt a guy being serious.

oh, and i own the actual game to ALL my roms.

SnesR0X
October 11th, 2006, 08:26
with a 256 mb stick it would be hard not to