PDA

View Full Version : help with psx games pls

hahahaha
October 11th, 2006, 05:27
Hi everyone. I apologize if you feel this is in the wrong forum but I thought it was slightly relevant to it. I would appreciate it if someone could please help me out anyway. In preparation for the release of PS1P I ripped all of my psx games to iso format (hopefully PS1P will support .iso). The problem is I have no way of testing whether or not the dumps I made of my games are good or bad. My question is this: Does anyone know of a playstation emulator for the computer that can run psx iso files straight from the hard drive without a disc. I can get certain games to run with the disc, but then I still can't be certain if my Iso's are good. Thanks for your help!

BL4Z3D247
October 11th, 2006, 06:15
CloneCD or CDBurnerXP Pro 3, not sure about the PS1 emu for the pc though

Tomppa
October 11th, 2006, 18:33
ePSXe. The best PSone emu for PC. Not too high sys. req either, runs on 800mhz, 128mb and some old ati card = old laptop I had. If you use rumble it has a little chance of crashing in some games (i.e. Gran turismo, when you hit a wall, but it's rare).

Oh, btw, could someone telle me, where, oh where did some @$$ figure out that Ps1 equals PSX?

JKKDARK
October 11th, 2006, 19:24
Right, you can use ePSXe. Or you can use PSXeven, pSX and PCSX ;)

splodger15
October 11th, 2006, 19:24
Why cant you run it on your psp

hahahaha
October 12th, 2006, 04:44
I cant run it on my psp yet cus there's no ps1 emulator that has enough compatability out yet. psxp works with some games (though very few) and ps1p will have higher compatability but isnt out yet (hopefully soon, though only god and the anonymous coder know when)

thanks for the help guys!

nemoseiya
October 16th, 2006, 05:58
I know iso talk is against the rules here but I got my ps1 silent hill game into iso format but I dont know how to emulate it on ePSXe can anyone please help me out?

JKKDARK
October 16th, 2006, 06:20
I know iso talk is against the rules here but I got my ps1 silent hill game into iso format but I dont know how to emulate it on ePSXe can anyone please help me out?
Read here (http://forums.ngemu.com/generic-epsxe-queries/58022-how-play-games-epsxe.html)and here (http://forums.ngemu.com/problems-games/65247-troubleshooting-faq-read-first-before-you-post.html#post887527)