PDA

View Full Version : Devhook boot firmware version?

skulkk
October 11th, 2006, 10:07
It's probably been asked álready, but i've not managed to draw any solutions from my forum trawling.

Is there a way of custom booting devhook to default to emulated 2.71 automatically, so whenever i hard powerdown the psp, it will load back into 2.71 emulated firmware. How much power does sleep mode use? A solution might be to leave psp in sleep mode (by sleep mode i mean pushing the on/off switch up quickly - i presume this is sleep mode). Thanks in advance for anyone who can shed some light on my quandry.

Current System

PSP 2.71 Downgraded to 1.5 (Makes the following possible)
Devhook 0.46 (ultimate installer) (a must have for homebrewers - emulates all firmware versions allowing you to run newer games with a 1.5 firmware psp)
Ir-shell (not had much luck with wireless setup tho) (File manager, Book reader, basic mp3 player, usb/wifi streamer for homebrew and media from your PC for just a start, i love the abillity to read and listen to tunes at the same time)
D-gen (Genesis emulator - works like a dream)
GBC emulator (finally the ability to play Zelda Oracles as my DS let me down with no GBC compatibillity)

Feel free to let me know if i'm missing any software that would be usefull -i'd love to stream mp3 from my pc to my psp, but my wifimax adaptor won't play ball with ir shell (or my knowledge of networks is letting me down)

bah
October 11th, 2006, 11:36
Only if you want to use a custom firmware.

HarleyG's custom 1.5 firmware (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=29391) will let you choose to boot into 1.5 or a devhook emulated firmware by the position of the wifi switch when you turn on the PSP.

Using it requires writing the custom firmware to your psp's internal flash, so there is a risk of bricking as with anything that does so. A lot of ppl around here seem to have used it without issue, personally I prefer to stick with stock 1.5.

Just use the advanced search and search titles only/all forums for 'custom firmware' for more info/help using it. From what you asked you want Harleyg's custom firmware not the new Dark_Alex 2.71 Special Edition.