PDA

View Full Version : Custom Bootsound Request Thread

Mr. Shizzy
October 11th, 2006, 15:21
WELCOME TO THE BOOTSOUND REQUEST THREAD

ONLY FOR USE WITH 1.5 FIRMWARE PSP's (and devhook firmwares)

F.A.Q. (please read before posting)

What is This?: You know that little sound your PSP makes when it starts up? Well that is called a "bootsound". This sound can actually be replaced with any sound you want. The sound can not be longer than 4 seconds. (The longest I've succsefully stretched one was about 4 1/3 seconds actually) I will be taking requests in this thread for all DCemu members. :D

How do I make a request?: Simply upload whatever clip you want to this thread. I will NOT search the web for sound clips for you. (sorry) You must upload your request in .wav or .mp3 format. (Feel free to use sendspace.com or whatever)

What are the rules?: Do not upload or request anything containing vulgar language, offensive phrases, or racist slurs to this thread!!! DCemu is an all ages web site. :)

How do I install the bootsound?- All my downloads will come with three parts:
1) .wav clip- so you can edit the sound yourself, or preview it with out having to install it to your PSP.
2)Coldboot.vag- for intalling it with X-FLASH.
3)Opening_plugin.rco- for installing it with ThemePSP.
WARNING: As always, whenever flashing your PSP, there is a slight chance you could "brick" it. (i.e. permanently destroy it). Please understand that you modify your PSP at your own risk. Neither DCemu or I, will be held responsible for damage you may occur.

***I personally test every bootsound on my very own PSP, before I upload them for you guys (and girls). So as long as you install them right, you should be ok. :)

Why are you doing this when you work a full time job, Mr. Shizzy?- This is one of several threads I planned on doing (the PSP THEME THREAD (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=202893#post202893) is already up and running) here at DCemu. The plan is to help as many people possible in the best ways I can. I am simply trying to "give a little back" to the homebrew scene (and website DCemu) that has given me so much. :)

I have attached the bootsounds I have already created. Feel free to use them on your PSP, or in themes your making (please credit me for the bootsound) ect... I have been planning this thread for some time now. I hope you all enjoy. :)

ACID
October 11th, 2006, 15:28
Dude are you like my evil twine. I love it all the music i actually listen to and then some. Love the hacker one the most thanks.

S34MU5
October 13th, 2006, 22:05
this is cool.
what are u using to create the sounds?
is it those leaked sony tools?!?!

triple_m
October 13th, 2006, 23:18
Nice

acn010
October 13th, 2006, 23:41
cool

Mr. Shizzy
October 14th, 2006, 06:00
this is cool.
what are u using to create the sounds?
is it those leaked sony tools?!?!

LOL.....No. The leaked UMD Tools you speak of would be used (if some pirate stole them - which is illegal) to make a gameboot video. Which is the little 3 second movie that plays after the bootsounds I'm making.;) Neither DCemu or I condone piracy so don't look for them here. These bootsouds are 100% legal. :D So feel free to enjoy them with a clear concience. :) Anyone could make them, really. I use a combination of 3 programs to make them. I use (in this order):

1) Goldwave- wich is an awesome sound editing program. Google it, they even offer a free trial.

2) MF Audio- which creates a coldboot.vag file. Get it in the ThemePSP creator pack. (You can find that thread in my sig) ;)

3) Menu Edit- For creating a opening_plugin file. (for use with ThemePSP) You can also aquire this in the ThemePSP Creator Pack.

I hope everyone enjoys the bootsounds. :) Oh, btw- if anyone has any has a 2Pac, Eminem, or Notorious B.I.G. request, you do not need to upload the sound clip, because I have almost all of there CD's saved on my PC's Hard Drive. :)

ACID
October 14th, 2006, 06:19
So am i aloud to post the bootd from my games or is that still ellegal. If you dont know ill ask the great ceaser then unless you spoke with them already.

Mr. Shizzy
October 14th, 2006, 09:21
So am i aloud to post the bootd from my games or is that still ellegal. If you dont know ill ask the great ceaser then unless you spoke with them already.

As far as I know, all bootsounds are 100% legal bro. Why would a bootsound be illegal?

ACID
October 14th, 2006, 09:37
I just thought if i got it from a psp game it wound be.

Mr. Shizzy
October 14th, 2006, 18:43
No. They are all legal. :) When I get the next pack together, I'll post it up for you guys. :D

Gabba Gandalf
October 14th, 2006, 22:28
good work searching for a simpsons sound like DOH :D :p ;) :rolleyes: :cool: :) :D

Accordion
October 15th, 2006, 23:24
great idea...

heres my requests, three good choices,

ones the intro to a song by Cornelius

another the intro to "spitfire" by the prodigy

and thhe last is the intro to ghosts and goblins...done by my new favourite band, 'the advantage' who i recommend to everyone.

Mr. Shizzy
October 16th, 2006, 07:26
Cool. Thanks accordian boy. Maybe you could help with the requests? (If we ever get any, lol)

Accordion
October 16th, 2006, 08:25
erm...that was 'my' request...i have a mac and cant convert to atrac at all. ill edit my previous post to make it more clear....should be getting a dual booting mac for christmas though. yay

Gabba Gandalf
October 16th, 2006, 08:54
how can i do an error sound for the psp i saw that in x-flash under custom sounds there was a costum error :confused:

Mr. Shizzy
October 16th, 2006, 09:52
accordian boy - I'll get that to you. Expect it by e-mail.

Gabba Gandolf- I've been trying to figure that out myself. I've been over XFLASH with a fined tooth comb, and There is no apparent file to swap out to replace the error sound. It must be in one of those XFlash files in that other folder. I don't think XFLASH currently supports custom error sounds (other than the ones Art provided). Does anyone know anymore about this? (Art are you reading?)

hatasu
November 21st, 2006, 10:48
where can i download the japanese ad bootsound and i like to also know where to get the bootvideo of the three slashes

tHrUsTmAn
November 25th, 2006, 00:24
i thought the bootsounds couldn't be larger than 3 seconds, how do you make them 4?:confused:

LilSwish722
November 25th, 2006, 07:52
he said they cant be longer than 4 seconds, not 3

m0th
November 25th, 2006, 07:54
So there's a way to make your own custom Sony Playstation Portable screen when you first turn it on? I dont care if its illegal just lemme know if its possible Ill figure out the rest.

gamerremag
November 25th, 2006, 15:08
I dont care if its illegal just lemme know if its possible Ill figure out the rest.

:rofl: thats so funny.

I have a coldboot that says "cause im a Motha F***in P I M P" like teh 50 cent song. ill put it in an edit if n e one wants it

acn010
November 25th, 2006, 15:17
were can i get that program so i can start to create costum bootsound...

gamerremag
November 25th, 2006, 15:20
http://forums.pspcrazy.com/forums/psp-homebrew-discussion/57238-custom-gameboot-tutorial-download.html

sorry you'll have to register to get the links, but its free so what the heck.

acn010
November 25th, 2006, 15:21
thanks man...
ehhh. linky no worky

acn010
November 25th, 2006, 15:33
ok, thanks again

gamerremag
November 25th, 2006, 15:36
im not done. im still tryin to get all the files. they'll be up in a few.

acn010
November 25th, 2006, 15:39
k k (waits)
o.o

gamerremag
November 25th, 2006, 15:57
It is finished. hope it works 4 u

acn010
November 25th, 2006, 16:01
finish?

gamerremag
November 25th, 2006, 16:07
i edited it yet again, is there anything wrong with it now?

acn010
November 25th, 2006, 16:08
no, i just din't realized that, lol, thanks

gamerremag
November 25th, 2006, 16:16
no problem

mnuhaily22
November 25th, 2006, 16:16
This is some awesome shit you got here.

gamerremag
November 25th, 2006, 16:18
could someone find a boot sound (or make one) of solid snake from the MGS series? it would be cool to have a aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh like when snake dies happen when you turn on your psp. would be greatly appreciated.

m0th
November 26th, 2006, 00:43
gamerremag thanks, im going to have to give this a try later.

gamerremag
November 26th, 2006, 04:55
np, it was just a copy and paste ( and about a thousand link changes) from gamingcrazy.net, even though they took it from someone on pspupdates.com
so they deserve all credit.

appie01
December 4th, 2006, 13:22
i had my psp on fw 1.5 and my bootsound was a woman who says: playstation portable
but then i've updated to 2.71 SE-C
and i cant find that sound anymore please help

balleron24z
February 5th, 2007, 23:26
hmmm, i got a bootsound that i made myself that says "Sony Computer Entertainment" and has some cool techno strings in the background. i made folder structure the same as mr. shizzy's, meaning that it has the orig wav, the coldboot.vag, and the opening_plugin. hope u enjoy http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4EWYU4XO

pob-pnuk
February 6th, 2007, 14:43
hey mr shizzy can you do bootscreens too? (not gameboots)

thnx

Cormin
February 6th, 2007, 20:45
im looking for the ps3 bootsound (and possibly bootscreen and themes) if anybody has one and can recorde that, please do so

if you know of where i can get one, please contact me, aim or msn (cuz ill prolly forget that i even posted here :p )

xcjzerox
February 6th, 2007, 20:50
Mr shizzy request

GBA
GbC
Snes
Irshell
digimon world 3 boot sound please thanks

splodger15
February 6th, 2007, 20:50
I have a PS3 gameboot.

keefurxxcore
February 8th, 2007, 02:21
dude, i don't know if you could do this. but if you can i will be your servant! it would be so damn cool! but... you know in metal gear solid at start menu before you open the game, when you press start or o it has a gun shot and an echo? is there a way you could get the wav of that or do the extra work and make it a coldboot . vag??? i wiuld be eternally greatful!!!

evolve
February 28th, 2007, 21:34
So would this work with 3.03 OE-C?

gamerremag
February 28th, 2007, 22:18
lol^ yeah it will.

just hold "r" when you turn on your psp, go to advanced, then enable flash 0 (i believe its flash 0) then click "vsh", then "resource" then put the file in there. i believe thats what you do....

Animelover13
March 3rd, 2007, 16:02
Can you do a gameboot for C.R.E.A.M.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/hrgi58

Roxas
March 7th, 2007, 16:22
shizzy pm me il give u the mgs sound so could make them for us... :p

anok_ike
March 9th, 2007, 04:03
As far as I know, all bootsounds are 100% legal bro. Why would a bootsound be illegal?

its true, how come its could be illegal?? :confused: :confused:

benistunermad
March 24th, 2007, 21:47
i want that coldboot

idreamof2morrow
April 11th, 2007, 02:30
can you please make me a .rco file from a .wav file from this link (http://biotoxxx.com/images/ColdBoot.wav).

thank you for helping the helpless. my computer cant run pspmenuedit or Xflash at the moment.

WACOMalt
May 6th, 2007, 08:45
this is a little old thread, but do these work on 3.40OEA? and does PSX emulation work properly with these? If so, I'll have a request for you.

parkermauney
May 6th, 2007, 15:26
Yeah i want one that goes "BE doom, dada ding dong ding"

carlitx
May 6th, 2007, 16:27
Nice Ill Give Em All A Try Dude Thnx

monkeyking24
May 19th, 2007, 22:18
Hey can some1 make me a bootsound the exactly of this video startup plzplzplz thx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5BYzuCRn_M

it says <<playstation portble psp>>

thx

parkermauney
May 19th, 2007, 22:28
Hey plzplzplzplz can u give me a link on where u got the sound boot plzplzplz thx and very nice video:)

Your comment on youtube.
:D

gamerremag
May 20th, 2007, 01:43
there were only like five bootsounds, despite all the requests

FORUM DEAD

devin2229
December 8th, 2007, 03:44
Hey there, can you make a coldboot for me that says "RAKUEN" (without the quotes) and for the sound can you get the line from trigun where wolfwood says" I DID NOT WANT TO DIE THIS WAY!"

(its episode 23. the name of the episode is paradise) (he says that line at the end of the episode)

puka1701
December 11th, 2007, 04:03
Do you know if it is possible to install a custom coldboot sound on 3.72 HX-1, 3.71 m33-2, or 3.52 m33-4? When I install it on 3.72 HX, it just debrands the coldboot and plays the normal coldboot sound, and when I put it on my 3.52 m33, it semi-bricks. (I have custom bootwaves on my 3.72 HX)

ash4if3
December 11th, 2007, 11:36
WELCOME TO THE BOOTSOUND REQUEST THREAD

ONLY FOR USE WITH 1.5 FIRMWARE PSP's (and devhook firmwares)

F.A.Q. (please read before posting)

What is This?: You know that little sound your PSP makes when it starts up? Well that is called a "bootsound". This sound can actually be replaced with any sound you want. The sound can not be longer than 4 seconds. (The longest I've succsefully stretched one was about 4 1/3 seconds actually) I will be taking requests in this thread for all DCemu members. :D

How do I make a request?: Simply upload whatever clip you want to this thread. I will NOT search the web for sound clips for you. (sorry) You must upload your request in .wav or .mp3 format. (Feel free to use sendspace.com or whatever)

What are the rules?: Do not upload or request anything containing vulgar language, offensive phrases, or racist slurs to this thread!!! DCemu is an all ages web site. :)

How do I install the bootsound?- All my downloads will come with three parts:
1) .wav clip- so you can edit the sound yourself, or preview it with out having to install it to your PSP.
2)Coldboot.vag- for intalling it with X-FLASH.
3)Opening_plugin.rco- for installing it with ThemePSP.
WARNING: As always, whenever flashing your PSP, there is a slight chance you could "brick" it. (i.e. permanently destroy it). Please understand that you modify your PSP at your own risk. Neither DCemu or I, will be held responsible for damage you may occur.

***I personally test every bootsound on my very own PSP, before I upload them for you guys (and girls). So as long as you install them right, you should be ok. :)

Why are you doing this when you work a full time job, Mr. Shizzy?- This is one of several threads I planned on doing (the PSP THEME THREAD (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=202893#post202893) is already up and running) here at DCemu. The plan is to help as many people possible in the best ways I can. I am simply trying to "give a little back" to the homebrew scene (and website DCemu) that has given me so much. :)

I have attached the bootsounds I have already created. Feel free to use them on your PSP, or in themes your making (please credit me for the bootsound) ect... I have been planning this thread for some time now. I hope you all enjoy. :)
can u please make me one as 2pacs voice saying welcome mobz plz i tried to make it my self for 4 months and i couldent please if you could i will be verry ecstatic and will do anything please please plesae

ash4if3
December 11th, 2007, 11:37
can u please make me one as 2pacs voice saying welcome mobz plz i tried to make it my self for 4 months and i couldent please if you could i will be verry ecstatic and will do anything please please plesae

konvikted
January 23rd, 2008, 18:11
hi bro i want u 2 make one for me.. do you know criss angel...his title track has has dis phrase" are you ready" in the end i want that as my boot sound .. can u please make one for me ..i really tried it it doesnt work wit me:( plz bro plz make for me

Trickster4170
February 3rd, 2008, 23:13
Can you make me a coldboot out of this ?

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ef1skd

I want as much of the start of this song as you can:thumbup: Thanks !

meowmix23F
March 3rd, 2008, 00:45
can u make me one of cartman saying something from southpark thnks

meowmix23F
March 3rd, 2008, 00:46
If u can make him say RESPECT MY AUTHORITY

Carlsberg
May 25th, 2008, 14:53
hmm. can you make coldboot like 8 secs or something longer?

pspupgrade
July 29th, 2008, 20:43
Hi.
Please could you convert this one for me? I tried converting it myself but for some reason it didn't work, so I thought I might be doing something wrong.
You can find it at http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZC9EJYWY
Thanks In Advance

ffburger1
November 18th, 2009, 02:23
Hello Mr. Shizzy,
Wow, looks like this is an ooooooooooold thread. Well, I was wondering if maybe you could make a metroid bootsound for me? I have the file attached.
THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANKS!!!!
-ffburger1

jhon9x11
December 12th, 2009, 06:00
Hello Mr. Shizzy,
Wow, looks like this is an ooooooooooold thread. Well, I was wondering if maybe you could make a metroid bootsound for me? I have the file attached.
THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANKS!!!!
-ffburger1

Thanks!

------------------------------
fashion games (http://www.dressup9x.com)
dress up games (http://www.dressup9x.com)
painting games (http://www.dressup9x.com/category/Painting/1.html)