PDA

View Full Version : iso on all firmware

amz01
October 11th, 2006, 16:53
ok here it is if some could get the psp emulator for pc into a psp format for 1.0,1.5 and 2.xx then this means wecould emulate the psp inside the psp and run the iso:D :D :D

ACID
October 11th, 2006, 16:55
Ok thats your first post read the rules no iso talk.

tisti
October 11th, 2006, 17:09
Nope... didn't understand that at all. Read it 2x, but was afraid the 3rd time i'd have brain damage :rolleyes:

Kramer
October 11th, 2006, 17:12
It sounds like he wants to emulate a higher firmware.
Which can allready be done with Devhook .46

ACID
October 11th, 2006, 17:13
He is still talking about isos witch he shouldnt.

MikeDX
October 11th, 2006, 17:14
He is still talking about isos witch he shouldnt.

Yeah he is. Now delete your roms ;)

imoneofthem
October 11th, 2006, 18:33
I understand what he's saying, but a 'psp emulator' on the PSP would be devhook (it emaulates firmware)....and iso's are illegal to possess unless they are backups of your UMD games (I'm not sure about the 24 hour rule, this may only apply to roms).

Other websites (which I will not mention) will offer you such information regarding your question.

ACID
October 11th, 2006, 18:49
I understand what he's saying, but a 'psp emulator' on the PSP would be devhook (it emaulates firmware)....and iso's are illegal to possess unless they are backups of your UMD games (I'm not sure about the 24 hour rule, this may only apply to roms).

Other websites (which I will not mention) will offer you such information regarding your question.
Actually your only aloud to have possesion of it if you rip it your self from the actuall game. And can only have it for your personal use not to distribut. And if you get rid of the umd game so the copy has to go also.

jak66
October 11th, 2006, 18:54
its funny how he asks for a psp emulator (devhook) on all firmwares, when we already have it on 2 most important firmwares (1.50 and 2.71) already
as for the pc emulator hes on about, thats not even finished yet

Cap'n 1time
October 11th, 2006, 19:13

the 24 hour rule is a myth. its illegal to dl someones backups period.

psp828
October 11th, 2006, 22:09
he might be talking about a custom firmware that plays iso i think.

tragedie
October 11th, 2006, 22:41
he might be talking about a custom firmware that plays iso i think.

I'm pretty sure he wants this:
A port of the PSP Emulator for PC (that's not even out yet) for the PSP. He wants to put a PSP Emulator into a PSP, which really, makes no sense.

Definition of Emulator (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/emulator)

Ok dudes, an emulator lets you run things that you would not normally be able to run already. The PSP, already runs PSP games and ISOS can be run some other way.

//tangent, damn, I need to stop doing this

As for my stance on ISO files, I love them to pieces. When I want to play games on my PS2, instead of opening up a drawer to go look through hundreds of Sony titles and choosing a disc, I just boot my PS2 and enjoy the fast load time. I might be one of the few people who bought the HDLoader to copy friend's games, but somehow, I ended up buying everything I wanted to rip anyway (and still own them, I'm a collector).

Similarly, UMD rips can be stored on Flash Media and thus not require carrying UMDs themselves. The machine is a Play Station Portable, I need it to be just that, portable. I don't want to carry a bunch of loose discs or mini-hardcases, I just want to dig in my pocket/bag, grab the PSP, and go. (Of course UMD images are huuuge compared to available MS space, so I just pop in the UMD I think I'll want to play most.)

Having said that, ISOs are great if you're willing to rip them yourselves for your own convenience. Its not cool to rip it and give it to all your friends and screw hard working software groups from the money they deserve. (I might be working for a software company.)

So reinforcing what CAPTAIN AWESOME said, that ROM distribution is illegal, you don't sell burned CDs/DVDs, you don't sell mix tapes that your recorded off the radio. If you can't rip it yourself, fine, go grab it from someone who can, but please dudes, don't ruin it for the rest of us.

Also, kids, stay in school.
/endrant