PDA

View Full Version : The DS Internets browser IS as fast as PSP's!! >:(

chemical
October 11th, 2006, 20:10
Hey,

Well this is probably best suited for the DS News Forum, so if someone wants to move it, thats fine.

Anyways...

I ordered the English DS Lite Browser on its release from Play.com.. Well, from the reviews of the DS Internet Browser I was expecting a "oh.. my.. god.. how can it take this long?!" experiance, but it is quite the opposite. My DS Internet is virtually isn't loading!, pages like google.com takes about a second to load, more image heavy pages take about 3-5 seconds. (NOT 3-5 Minutes like we've been hearing). This proves that the DS Internet is extremely fast, only peoples connections are slow. I'm on a 10mb connection through a Linksys router.

The DS does run slightly slower then my PC, so it doesn't mean if your PC surfing is fast, that your DS will be. But provided you have a decent high speed connection and a good router, I think you will be very pleased with its surfing speeds, I know I am.

This can also shut up the Sony fanboys, the DS surfs extremely fast AND has the superior keyboard.

The Hombrew Hunter
October 11th, 2006, 20:17
Woo!

*dances* I'm picking THIS up.

Junixx
October 11th, 2006, 23:53
Hmm, might think about getting this later on

ACID
October 11th, 2006, 23:56
It sounds interesting , But ill stick with my PSP connection.

kcajblue
October 12th, 2006, 00:02
i cant wait to get one. :D

bagofsnakes
October 12th, 2006, 01:29
Good to know that it can download data fast. Can it stream music or video?

Joel92
October 12th, 2006, 03:19
just wait for the okiwi homebrew browser to be finished, then just download that for your flashcart... its gonna be 10 times better than the opera browser.

kcajblue
October 12th, 2006, 03:49
Good to know that it can download data fast. Can it stream music or video?the DS browser cant download. dunno if it can stream or not.

just wait for the okiwi homebrew browser to be finished, then just download that for your flashcart... its gonna be 10 times better than the opera browser.are you serious. 10 times faster is promising a lot and we still have to wait for a release.

Blacksand
October 12th, 2006, 03:56
are you serious. 10 times faster is promising a lot and we still have to wait for a release.

said 10 time better not faster so you realize. ;)

kcajblue
October 12th, 2006, 04:03
wow...... :eek:
i didnt even see the word "better".
i automatically thought faster when i read it.
thanks for correcting me Blacksand. :)

Junixx
October 12th, 2006, 04:14
just wait for the okiwi homebrew browser to be finished, then just download that for your flashcart... its gonna be 10 times better than the opera browser.

That may not necissarily be true, it will be better thought to at least have a homebrew one, but without the RAM expansion pack it would probably be slower

chemical
October 13th, 2006, 14:25
I highly highly doubt any homebrew browser will be better then this, the only thing missing from it is flash. It already loads very fast, no lag on the zoom viewer, favourites, history, etc.

kcajblue
October 14th, 2006, 00:28
but you cant download.

Video_freak
October 14th, 2006, 01:00
Could you possibly post a video?

kcajblue
October 14th, 2006, 01:37
yeah. a video would be nice.

chemical
October 14th, 2006, 17:49
Nah, I don't have a digital camcorder, only digi cam that has crap quality, plus I cant be bothered :-[

But yeah it can't download, and I fogot to mention that it CAN'T stream video.

kcajblue
October 14th, 2006, 18:12
crap quality doesnt bother me.

JD/
October 14th, 2006, 18:45
I dont think its better than the psp browser since it doesnt have flash support and download etc and If its faster or as fast I want to see video because you just sayng it isn't enough proof for me (no offence).

chemical
October 14th, 2006, 19:23
Meh I have to charge my cam batts so I might post a video tommorow, but don't hold your breath.

JD/ I'm not bothered if you believe me, I didn't post this for any other reason then to inform people.

I agree that flash on PSP is great, and to be honest, totally forgot about that, so yeah, PSP's support is better, but I still couldn't stand to type with that thing.

JD/
October 14th, 2006, 19:56
thats true the DS touch screen keyboard is awesome I wish the psp had a keyboard on it, using it for the internet is like using wap on a mobile phone to type.

kcajblue
October 14th, 2006, 21:50
thats why i love touch screen support. :D

Joel92
November 27th, 2006, 01:35
well, if you guys havent read yet, i think there is a competitor for the okiwi out there now... its for dslinux, and no i am not talking about the text based browser... this one actually has picture support and whatnot, just check the latest news on the dcemu nds homepage. its right there, and looks pretty cool, too. (picture of it browsing on google)

Junixx
November 27th, 2006, 02:50
If you also look through that thread youll find a third homebrew browser being worked on