PDA

View Full Version : whats betta? DS or PSP (keep it civilized!)

Tetris999
October 12th, 2006, 03:59
P.S. if this thread disturbs anyone take it down no hassle dang it

anyway i wondering who thinks which console is better? if this bothers you don't reply or read and if its against the rules then take it down!

well first of all i started with a ds it had some few games here and there i played some of the most famous but then they just got so......boring and remember im not a guy can dish his cash out and buy anything!

then i heard about the psp and all the home brew for it and i said hey is there a gba advance emulator for it and i remember some one told me there is so i typed psp emulation and viola not only i found a gba emulator i found much more gbc gb and all that other emu crap i decided to get a psp and ive been playing it so much ever since

i think the reason i got a psp is just because of the oldies for it (emulators thanks to da home brew scene) and i love them old games even if there not designed for the psp specifically but then again i played em i think the psp is cool not only as my awesome retro machine but bam a big bonus of multimedia it was a wooooot! then i found home brew like the text reader and the internet browser i was appalled i got myself this machine so all in all the psp was an awesome buy for me because of its powerful home brew i loved it i probably will still be playing my psp as a retro machine HAND HELD! i do not mind the flaws in the psp but i like don't even see them or notice them and last but not least i loved the games like gta tales of eternia and Valkyrie profile dragon ball zprince of persia they were all awesome and in awesome graphics!

now i got ds because i heard of a touch screen it was awesome to see 3d games also i could interact with them it was awesome. then the games went to crap i just got advance wars and Mario all the other games sucked balls and i don't think i would ever play them, i was pissed cuz the dumasses weren't making 3d games and they were willing people to buy them it pissed me off the only ppl who make the 3d games is NINTENDO!. yes i thats when i put down the ds and went for the psp. ive seen ds home brew ive seen pictochat msn over the internet but like wheres the fun in that wheres some awsome emulators? i really skipped it i didn't find ds home brew fun

thus in the end i gave my ds to my sibling and got a psp ive never been happier

post what you think about those two systems with home brew included

(i think home brew is the ONLY thing keeping the psp in such a high rank for me!)

Junixx
October 12th, 2006, 04:09
I would say homebrew and a couple commercial games would keep me busy with a PSP ( Burnout & LocoRoco lol)

But the DS is more for commercial gaming, just about every game I've played I like, and its even better if you play a game with 4+ people such as Mario Kart, or even 4 people with MPH, then theres the completly weird games like WarioWare :p then theres the shoot-em-ups like Nanostray, but Nanostray was too short... anyway, I'm perfectly happy with my DS and would probably buy a GP2X before I would buy a PSP just because it's something not everyone has everywhere...( yes I know that was very random )

thats my 2 cents lol

Tetris999
October 12th, 2006, 04:13
okey dokey thanks yeha ds gots some good games i REALLY REALLY WANTED kirby canvas curse and maybe metroid and some other stuff

razorak
October 12th, 2006, 05:09
Clarification: This opinion may be a little biased since i don't own/ know anything about a DS aside from the touch screen and u gotta flip it

the thing i like about the psp has gotta be all the emus :) a practically all in one machine. though on the other hand the DS has a nice touch screen along with a few rather attractive commercial games.

Taking a look on this site, the homebrew scene for the psp seems to be more active than that of the DS homebrew scene.

Then again, since the DS has a cover for the screen since it follows the GBA SP design more or less...flip and open. This protects the screen from dust scratches etc. but then again, prolonged use may resuklt in the hinge being worn out.

As for the psp, there's a massive LCD screen that occupies half of the whole thing with an analogstick that i first thought was a speaker when i first saw the psp...silly me :p

i thus agree that homebrew on the psp is the only reason why i ain't getting a DS since with a single psp i've so many emulators which in turn leads to countless of games which can keep me occupied for jsut about forever :)

Tetris999
October 12th, 2006, 05:49
i totally agree with razorak

pibs
October 12th, 2006, 06:04
Both are great systems, why compare them?
those who talk smak about the other system probably don't own one or are ignorant ;D

BL4Z3D247
October 12th, 2006, 06:20
that's like asking what's better a geek or a jock, they both have their own strengths and weaknesses...but since i only own a psp and never played a ds(well once but it was a gba game) and i love homebrew/emus on the go, psp would be my choice out of the two

ACID
October 12th, 2006, 06:23
Well like i have sayd many times PSP for homebrew and the NDS for comersial games.

opiate81
October 12th, 2006, 07:32
definately psp for homebrew.. its practically a portable xbox with all the emus and mediaplayers
however the only commercial games I like are on the ps2 so Id rather pay to play on a big screen.
I also own a DS and I love the commercial games which there are plenty of with lots of variety

BrooksyX
October 12th, 2006, 07:50
PSP is better at homebrew games, DS is better a commercial games.

The psp just has better specs allowing it to emulate more powerfull consoles than the DS. It also has the ability to run homebrew with out needing any extra hardware, you just have to have the firmware version. But the psp does lack in commercial releases, although it does look like there are some promising titles on the horizon for this holiday season.

The DS does have some good homebrew but requires flash carts and other hardware to run it. Do to having lower specs than the psp the homebrew and emulators are generally not as advanced as those on the psp. The one thing in favor of the DS is that it has numerous commercial games that are worth your money.

Overall since I like homebrew and emulators I would have to go with the psp as the better system.

Cloudhunter
October 12th, 2006, 10:36
Overall since I like homebrew and emulators I would have to go with the psp as the better system.

Same here.

To be honest, homebrew was the reason I got a PSP, and maybe for movies aswell.

I owned a DS, but got bored very quick, and I'm not much for spending alot of money on buying games.

Cloudy

dejkirkby
October 12th, 2006, 10:43
My wife had a DS, and I had a PSP. My wife sold her DS as it was boring and she was spending too much time with my PSP. After getting her PSP.......well, regulars already know the tale of mine and my wifes PSP.
Long story short, PSP wins, at least in my house.

Franzkill
October 13th, 2006, 15:33
Whoever said the PSP does not have a lot of good commercial games Have they actually played any or just played emulators all the time? Syphon Filter, Daxter, Tekken DR, Lumines, Monster Hunter Freedom, Burnout Legends, Wipeout, Loco Roco and Ridge Racer anyone? Need I say any more?

razorak
October 13th, 2006, 15:39
Gundam Battle tactics and Gundam Battle Royale weren't too bad :)

cept i haven't fully completed either of them yet.
May be going for SD gundam g generation portable soon...most likely after i complete those 2 first.

but i still think the psp lacks a so called "signature" game like whenever i hear xbox, i think 'Halo'. Whenever i think psp...erm...homebrew?

JD/
October 13th, 2006, 16:37
Yeah your right razorak the PSP doesnt have a signature game on it but I reckon final fantasy VII or something like that will be its signature game.

As for PSP vs DS, the PSP does it for me because of back catalouge (emulators) and media (internet music video with no attachments) I only use my DS when a really good game comes out for it (I wish they would make another Golden Sun for psp or DS) I used to use it for gba but exophase has taken care of that :D