PDA

View Full Version : Smooth as Silk or Dusty as a Desert

John Vattic
October 12th, 2006, 08:30
Dr. Vattic here.

Just wanted to share a couple of pics of my new smooth as silk series faceplate.

Let me tell everyone, when they say use a dust-free environment they mean it. I had to cut the insides of the faceplate quit a bit to get it to fit correctly. And, by the time I had it on correctly there was so much debris between the lcd and lens it took me 6 removals to get it acceptable. (still a bit dust inside) but anyway here are some pics. I'm happy with it, at least until my transparent faceplate arrives.

Bling Bling!

ACID
October 12th, 2006, 09:42
I got the same one and looks great. I didnt have to cut anything though it fit perfectly. I wonder if you got a falty one.

John Vattic
October 12th, 2006, 17:00
Yeah it had issues with moldings underneath not lining up correctly. all i had to do was cut some tiny areas out. and good thing it's fairly cheap plastic. so yes it was slightly defective. but on the plus side, it has no gaps like some complain about.(on the sides or top or bottom) it fits flush. and no screen scratches.

Apoklepz
October 12th, 2006, 17:02
Where can I get those buttons with the UMD,X-Flash, etc. Icons? ...Or did you make em yourself? BTW, they represent what buttons to press for your Custom Firmware Autoboots, right? Nice job, John...That's one sweet looking PSP...I too have that face plate, but with aqua clear colored PSP buttons...I didn't have to cut anything out for it to fit snug and correctly...Got mine from Divineo... where'd you buy yours from?

Debris and dust really do a number on my head, too...I probably wasted 2 cans of air on cleaning my PSP already.lol

John Vattic
October 12th, 2006, 18:13
The buttons came with the faceplate(2 sets actually). Also included screwdriver.
It's supposed to be the smooth as silk series.

And yes i also got it from Divineo.

I think it was a little underproduced. But actually it fits fine now and all buttons work even better than my original faceplate.(I had a problem with the triangle not working as responsive as i would have like)Fixed my situation and got got almost every speck of dust out now.
Yeah man I dig the icon buttons that came with it too.

Apoklepz
October 15th, 2006, 02:48
Wha...? Yeah, I just went over to Divineo and they include the buttons with it...wtf?! that sure didn't come with my faceplate when I bought it!!!! I only got the screwdriver bundled with the package, but then again the faceplate cost me $13.99 at that time, and not $17.99 like it is now advertized...That's why I bought the buttons off some other place...this is weird...

razorak
October 15th, 2006, 02:51
ooo...shiny...time for me to start looking for a transparent faceplate from stores :)

Kaiser
October 15th, 2006, 03:07
ooo...shiny...time for me to start looking for a transparent faceplate from stores :)

Yeah same here. I've always wanted a somewhat red translucent one.

razorak
October 15th, 2006, 03:33
i prefer transparent...so that i can see the wonderful insides of the psp :)
translucent doesn't sound too bad either...too bad there ain't glow in the dark ones....are there?

John Vattic
October 17th, 2006, 04:41
Yeah I'm ordering a transparent asterix for my other psp. I saw a pic of the clear faceplate and it looked too nice.

MasterChafed
October 24th, 2006, 01:36
i jus bought a smooth as silk faceplate and all i can say is i hate it. just got it in today and i hate it. I installed it and now the left arrow is really unresponsive and i just plain hate it. it is really nice feeling, but i am very upset.