PDA

View Full Version : USB Connection problem?

triple_m
October 12th, 2006, 08:42
Once i connect my psp to my computer i get and error which is below what is going on?

ACID
October 12th, 2006, 09:38
Have you tryed right click in the drive where your psp is connected and checked the options sometimes you have to set it manually.

bah
October 12th, 2006, 16:03
Has the psp ever connected to that pc with that cable correctly or this is your first attempt and it doesnt work?

If it has worked before, try wriggling the usb connector on the pc end or moving it to a different port.

I had a similar problem a couple of times on my old pc and just wriggling the plug on the pc end fixed it.

You do have a memory stick in the psp obviously, right?

cha0ticbliss
October 13th, 2006, 22:34
I have a windows 98 computer and it doesn't detect usb storable devices like the psp.

Is there a free way to solve this problem?

Prasoc
October 13th, 2006, 22:37
update to win xp.

cha0ticbliss
October 13th, 2006, 23:58
That wouldn't be free now would it.

triple_m
October 14th, 2006, 08:20
Have you tryed right click in the drive where your psp is connected and checked the options sometimes you have to set it manually.

how do i do that? and this is what i get when click the pop-up :confused:

triple_m
October 14th, 2006, 08:23
Has the psp ever connected to that pc with that cable correctly or this is your first attempt and it doesnt work?

You do have a memory stick in the psp obviously, right?

it has never worked on my computer but when i use another computer it works, and yes my memory stick is the psp :)

michael_dack_2005
October 14th, 2006, 08:28
i am having a different problem with my USB connection. When i connect it to my pc everything freezes including the mouse, and I ahve to do a cold reboot. What is going on?

Don't worry if you can't help, i have a MS PRO reader so it aint too much of a problem!!

ACID
October 14th, 2006, 09:46
how do i do that? and this is what i get when click the pop-up :confused:
Double click on the device location and it should give you more options to set it up.

psp_sfdm
October 15th, 2006, 04:07
I have a windows 98 computer and it doesn't detect usb storable devices like the psp.

Is there a free way to solve this problem?

Next time, use Google, everyone's best friend :)
Here's your answer: http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=psp&message.id=382497