PDA

View Full Version : G6 Lite 4Gbit *ENGLISH* inc. NDS Passcard for $103.95 shipped from Divineo.cn

Mourningstar
October 13th, 2006, 17:22
SO this is the best card at the cheapest price I could find....

Has anyone ordered from Divineos China store? Its a lot cheaper than the US/Canada one....wonder how long it would take to ship? Are they a reliable site?

ACID
October 13th, 2006, 18:21
SO this is the best card at the cheapest price I could find....

Has anyone ordered from Divineos China store? Its a lot cheaper than the US/Canada one....wonder how long it would take to ship? Are they a reliable site?
Actually no. The best card will be eather M3 or SuperCard Lite depending your needs and the cheapest will be the SuperCard Lite you can get it with a super key and a 1gb micro sd tf for less then 100 usd.
http://www.pdapuffin.com/product/item/729/product_detail.html

Mourningstar
October 13th, 2006, 18:56
Actually no. The best card will be eather M3 or SuperCard Lite depending your needs and the cheapest will be the SuperCard Lite you can get it with a super key and a 1gb micro sd tf for less then 100 usd.
http://www.pdapuffin.com/product/item/729/product_detail.html
That link doesnt say anything about a SuperKey....and it says the Micro SD isnt included in big red letters....:confused:

The Hombrew Hunter
October 13th, 2006, 21:57
There's also the M3 Lite Pro for about the same cost.

Mourningstar
October 14th, 2006, 06:08
So with me being in the US is it safe to order from Divineo China?

Im still considering this...

From all the previes and reviews Ive found on the G6 it seems really good with great NDS/GBA compatability, but poor homebrew support...although I have seen video of some homebrew running on it...

I love the ide of just ordering this kit and its altogether and is meant to work together....whereas if I got a different card I have to order pieces from different places...

Oh, heres a great review of the G6...
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=37100

ACID
October 14th, 2006, 06:14
There is canadian us branch of devino as well. Oh and the link i gave you does bring the 1gb micro sd tf. it says if you buy just the card not as a combo but the combo brings it if not why pay the extra money.

Mourningstar
October 14th, 2006, 06:23
There is canadian us branch of devino as well. Oh and the link i gave you does bring the 1gb micro sd tf. it says if you buy just the card not as a combo but the combo brings it if not why pay the extra money.
I havent thought to check the Canadian store...the US one is about $15 more than the JPN one...

Oh, I know the MiniSD comes with the SC LITE, but then Id have to get a Pass card and SD card reader seperately and the total is a little more than I can bare right now :(

ACID
October 14th, 2006, 06:31
Well you can always get a DS Link witch is great for homebrew and all. You just wont have the gba support.

Mourningstar
October 14th, 2006, 06:34
Well you can always get a DS Link witch is great for homebrew and all. You just wont have the gba support.
Yea, the DS-Link seems pretty good too...

Its between the DS-Link, G6 Lite and Supercard Lite...

I wish you had personal experience with the G6, damnit!:p

ACID
October 14th, 2006, 06:40
i do and im telling you its not close to been like the SC lite and the M3. herers my order of the best and the ones i have.
SC Lite.
M3 Lite
EZ Lite
DS Link
Ninja Pass
G6
And yess i have all of them cause im a compulsive game addict and a colector. :)

Mourningstar
October 14th, 2006, 08:25
Oh...you didnt have it listed in the PM...at least I dont think you did...

So, IYO, whats wrong with the G6?

The only thing bad Ive read is that some homebrew doesnt work with it. Also you cant expand the memory, but 512MB should be enough for what I want.

ACID
October 14th, 2006, 09:49
Oh...you didnt have it listed in the PM...at least I dont think you did...

So, IYO, whats wrong with the G6?

The only thing bad Ive read is that some homebrew doesnt work with it. Also you cant expand the memory, but 512MB should be enough for what I want.
Not many homebrew work including some of the best apps like moonshell and dsorganize.

Wils
October 14th, 2006, 12:28
I've not had much problem with the homebrew I've tried on my G6, although I may just be lucky in what I'm choosing to put on. Not enabling the realtime save function when writing to the cart *does* improve compatability no end, I've found, though.

My one bugbear with the G6 at the moment is to do with the software, especially once you've got things written and in your GBA (I've not got a NDS, although I *have* bought one for my girlfriend for Christmas). If you're lucky, it lists things as something you can decypher, if not, you just get things like TYPE_ME or even nothing at all. Hopefully, they'll make this an editable feature in the future. Also, being able to change their default thumbnail picture with something of your own would be a good thing too.

Mourningstar
October 14th, 2006, 17:58
Not many homebrew work including some of the best apps like moonshell and dsorganize.

Moonshell does work on it...
http://gbatmw.net/reviewresources/g6lite/moonshell.jpg

But I have no desire to use a Shell...tried them with PSP and theyre horrid...have no idea why people like them...or any other nongame homebrew...

kcajblue
October 14th, 2006, 18:14
the PSP ones are "horrid" because the PSP can do some of the stuff the shells can do.
the DS ones are not "horrid" because the DS cant do what the shell can do normally.

Mourningstar
October 14th, 2006, 18:23
the PSP ones are "horrid" because the PSP can do some of the stuff the shells can do.
the DS ones are not "horrid" because the DS cant do what the shell can do normally.
That might be a good point....but does DS really need a Shell?

kcajblue
October 14th, 2006, 19:22
only if you want music, video, and some other stuff i cant remember.

Mourningstar
October 14th, 2006, 19:54
only if you want music, video, and some other stuff i cant remember.
Not interested in that stuff...I just want it for my NDS/GBA backups and some homebrew games...DSDoom mostly...

kcajblue
October 14th, 2006, 21:09
then get M3 or Supercard.

Mourningstar
October 14th, 2006, 21:17
then get M3 or Supercard.
But why?

Sorry for al the questions and shit but Im trying to make the best informed decision I
can...

According to a thread on these forums DSDoom works on G6 Lite and Ive seen video of the Zelda homebrew running on it...

kcajblue
October 14th, 2006, 21:48
i only suggest those two because they are the two best flashcarts.
if DS Doom works with the G6 and the other homebrew you want to play. then get it. its not our choice its yours. :)

Mourningstar
October 14th, 2006, 22:10
i only suggest those two because they are the two best flashcarts.
if DS Doom works with the G6 and the other homebrew you want to play. then get it. its not our choice its yours. :)
Oh, I know M3 and SC are the best, but they also cost a bit more. ;)

The only problems Im seeing with the G6 is you cant expand the mamory and th spotty homebrew support...

kcajblue
October 14th, 2006, 22:13
yeah. the only drawback of the G6 is its lack of expandable memory and some homebrew.

chemical
October 15th, 2006, 11:27
If you want G6 then get G6, but theres no point in constantly arguing for G6, its inferior to Supercard and M3, yet is only slightly cheaper, thats why 99% of people will tell you they have a M3 or Supercard.

Mourningstar
October 15th, 2006, 17:21
If you want G6 then get G6, but theres no point in constantly arguing for G6, its inferior to Supercard and M3, yet is only slightly cheaper, thats why 99% of people will tell you they have a M3 or Supercard.
In the end Ill get what I want to, but theres nothing wrong with asking opinions...

Its better to know before hand than to be unpleasantly surprised, right?

kcajblue
October 15th, 2006, 18:02
yeah. there is nothing wrong with asking questions.
anyway, have you made a choice yet Mourningstar.

Mourningstar
October 15th, 2006, 20:01
yeah. there is nothing wrong with asking questions.
anyway, have you made a choice yet Mourningstar.
Yea, Ill probably go with the G6...seems the easiest/cheapest and im pretty sure I know all of the pros/cons of it...

Ill be ordering it tomorrow hopefully. :cool:

Kaedyn
October 15th, 2006, 20:13
Hi guys

Yesterday i came across the supercard lite and super key, was looking to purchase it, but would just like to know if i can play media files like movies etc. I know the G6 can play a whole bunch of formats.

Also im new, so how does the supercard lite comper to the G6lite 4G?

Thanks

Mourningstar
October 16th, 2006, 19:11
w00t! :cool:

Just ordered the G6 from Divineo.cn! I hope it gets here soon...chose the shipping option that had a tracking number...kinda nervous about ordering something from overseas. :o

Thanx guys for all your help...I honestly didnt think I would get that much! :D

ACID
October 16th, 2006, 19:14
Well hope you enjoy it and if you need a place on nwhere to get all the tutorials and tools for it let me know. Hope your not going to get disapointed when you see the draw back of this card.http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n244/acidburn0502/kilroy.gif

Mourningstar
October 16th, 2006, 20:43
Well hope you enjoy it and if you need a place on nwhere to get all the tutorials and tools for it let me know. Hope your not going to get disapointed when you see the draw back of this card.http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n244/acidburn0502/kilroy.gif
Thanx...

I dont think Ill be dissapointed...Ive been reading/watching about its pros/cons for near a week now...so I should know what to expect. :D

But if it sucks Ill admit you were right. :p

It seems with the latest update that most stuff work right from the start...

Yea, go ahead and give me the links so I can be reading up on it for now.

Mourningstar
October 21st, 2006, 20:16
YAY! :D

I got my G6 today!

Acidburn....I cant seem to get Doom to work can you? Also whats the Emu folder thing on it about?

kcajblue
October 21st, 2006, 22:38
where are you putting your files.
do you have a doom.wad file

Mourningstar
October 22nd, 2006, 02:00
Im putting all of the files in the DSDoom folder straight into the root ot G6....

Yea, I have Doom wads...Im trying Ultimate Doom....

Oh, and the 3rd time I tried it it ****ed up my G6 so I had to reformat it to get it working again....

kcajblue
October 22nd, 2006, 06:20
what is the doom wad named

ACID
October 22nd, 2006, 06:33
YAY! :D

I got my G6 today!

Acidburn....I cant seem to get Doom to work can you? Also whats the Emu folder thing on it about?
The emu folder is like it sais its to put the emulators it supports in it witch arent many NES , SGG , SMS , PCE ( just japanese games). As far as the doom goes did you use the tool to make it compatible with G6 and put the wad. files in the dooms folder

Mourningstar
October 22nd, 2006, 06:40
As far as the doom goes did you use the tool to make it compatible with G6 and put the wad. files in the dooms folder
Uh, what tool? :confused:

The one used to patch NDS/GBA files?

And whats a good DS NES emu to use?

ACID
October 22nd, 2006, 06:51
nesDS is the best and it works heres the link for it.
http://nintendo-ds.dcemu.co.uk/pocketnesds.shtml
as far as the tool i had given you a link for it its kind of like the tool used for the SC but im not at home so if you need the link again i will send it on monday just pm me