PDA

View Full Version : Too large cdi

GI_Josh
October 13th, 2006, 21:35
Hey gang. What do I do if my CDI file is too large for a 700mb disc? I obtained a cdi file from another site, and the file turned out to be about 720mb. How will I go about this?

JKKDARK
October 13th, 2006, 21:41
We don't support piracy, make the cdi file of your own GD's.

GI_Josh
October 13th, 2006, 21:46
This isn't about piracy. This cdi came from dcevolution, which is a homebrew site. However, I was looking at the wrong file :-). The cdi isn't too large, but when I try to burn a cdi file with bootdreams, I get an error that says:

unknown error 53
file not found in: burncdisub()

Does anyone know what this means, and how I can fix it?

JKKDARK
October 13th, 2006, 22:04
ups sorry I didn't know, really sorry :(
Anyway, why don't you try using diskjuggler?

Darksaviour69
October 13th, 2006, 22:09
if you have nero (6+) you can turn it into a TAO files with cdi2TAO

if you have nero 5, you can use cdi2nero which makes a normal nero file (DAO)

fackue
October 13th, 2006, 22:13
This isn't about piracy. This cdi came from dcevolution, which is a homebrew site. However, I was looking at the wrong file :-). The cdi isn't too large, but when I try to burn a cdi file with bootdreams, I get an error that says:

unknown error 53
file not found in: burncdisub()

Does anyone know what this means, and how I can fix it?
If you can tell me what version of BootDreams you're using and the CDI image you're trying to burn I'll take a took at BootDreams and try to figure out what the problem is.

Thanks.

GI_Josh
October 13th, 2006, 22:31
Hey guys. JKKDARK, don't worry about it, no harm no foul. I just downloaded discjuggler and tried to burn my image that way, and it said it worked. However, before it started, it asked me I wanted it to repair my disc. I told it no, is this right? I cannot test my disc because my dreamcast hasn't come in the mail yet. I ordered it a few days ago. However, depending on whether my answer to the discjuggler prompt was correct or not, it appears that my problem is solved and I should be able to burn cdi's now.

It would still be nice to get bootdreams to work, though, because discjuggler burns too fast, and I don't want to hurt my DC. I am using bootdreams v. 3.5 and it does it will both images I tried, which were the BOR collection 1 and the dream collection 1 from dcevolution.

Oh, and thanks for all the help!!

Darksaviour69
October 13th, 2006, 23:04
version 1.0.1a is the latest of bootdreams

GI_Josh
October 13th, 2006, 23:18
my bad on the 3.5 thing...I though I read that somewhere...I went back and checked and I am using version 0.6.1

I'll try upgrading and see if the problem still occurs.

GI_Josh
October 14th, 2006, 23:47
ok, I have the newest bootdreams, but I have a problem: Whenever I burn a cdi in bootdreams, and put it in the DC, it pops up the audio CD player, and if you try to manually load the game, it says insert game disc. Any help with this issue? Thanks again for all the help you all have been.