PDA

View Full Version : Arkanoid Homebrew on a 1.5? Any help Would be great

skulkk
October 14th, 2006, 09:55
I understand that the homebrew psp arkanoid is only compatible on a 1.0psp, has anyone found a way to get it running on a 1.5?

Sorry if this has been asked already, but all searches came up blanks.

If not, are there any other ways to play any arkanoids on my psp (not found any versions released on the genesis and would prefer to not to have to install more emulators if possible)

Thanks in advance for anyone who can shed any light on this.

current system:

1.5 psp
Custom Firmware
0.46 devhook
DGen
IrShell

ACID
October 14th, 2006, 10:01
well just use PSP BREW .90 to convert it to 1.50 or the SNES Version is very good

skulkk
October 14th, 2006, 10:12
Thanks for advice so far

-just says unable to open - sorry to be a bit thick, but what do i need to do in psp brew .90, not sure how i need to install it? maybe I used the wrong options.

ACID
October 14th, 2006, 10:19
did you install it to your PC yet or no. The .exe file will install psp brew to your pc. Then when its installed att the right top corner it tells you to choose an ebbot or PBP. when you choose it then click on the convert to 1.50 on the middle right side of the programe.

skulkk
October 14th, 2006, 10:27
Convert PBP (1.50->1.0)

is that the option and if so, where do i put the new eboot file?

surely that converts 1.5 firmware games to work on a 1.0 firmware machine?

MikeDX
October 14th, 2006, 10:29
well just use PSP BREW .90 to convert it to 1.50 or the SNES Version is very good

i doubt he owns the snes version

skulkk
October 14th, 2006, 10:37
i do own a snes and the snes version of the game (both carboot sale bargains), but i love the rotated screen concept for the homebrew release. Still not having any joy, too many options on this pspbrew screen for my tiny mind LOL

S34MU5
October 14th, 2006, 11:58
i got that game working on my psp its well good

EDIT: i have done the folders for you. just drag them into the PSP/GAME/ folder

P.S. if your using custom firmware (if its a good one) shouldnt you not need to have to folders. In harleygsV2 which i have u can just leave the eboots like it is for 1.00

skulkk
October 14th, 2006, 13:03
S34MU5 you are a star, playing it as we speak.

Just for future reference with other homebrew, how did you do it?

Thanks very much :)

skulkk
October 14th, 2006, 13:13
Also found a starcraft homebrew game, but not having any luck getting that to work, it loads, and the characters move, but won't interact with anything on the screen. Oh well, glad arkanoid is working, shame the analogue stick doesn't work, but it is really cool to be able to play it on the move.

S34MU5
October 14th, 2006, 13:29
get a app called sei psp tool.
it exports eboots for 1.0 to 1.5
for 1.5 u probably know u need to folders one with a % one without.
this splits the eboot and does it for you.

skulkk
October 14th, 2006, 13:46
cheers matey :), homebrew on the ds is much easier, but i'm getting to grips with my psp and running homebrew on it.