PDA

View Full Version : Sorry guys but I'm a little uninformed...help please

deediare
October 14th, 2006, 17:18
I have been absent from the PSP Scene for almost a month and I'm hearing alot about this Dark_Alex's 2.71 SE firmware or something.... all I know is that it allows you to play omebrew on 2.71 so you don't have to keep loading up devhook...but exactly what homebrews can it run? Do I have to convert my homebrew or anything or just use the ones I have now? And also which version of this project is the best? Help Appreciated. Thanks.

V3N0M
October 14th, 2006, 17:36
Think of it as more of a 1.5/2.71 Hybred. Has all the features of 2.71 and all the features of 1.5. Capable of playing 1.0 and 1.5 eboots. Has a more advance recovery mode menu with more options settings. Compatability on everything is like 99%(Meaning some homebrews might not work Example-Latest build of Monkey 64). But there are very few problems and those will improve in time. So some things may not work right now but if you really want them there are ways to get them to work as a temporary solution until a new update. And if your intrested in setting up this new firmware. I can help you and I will help anyone else who needs/wants help. Because if you don't know what you are doing it can be riskey setting up custom firmware and have a good chance of bricking your psp. Hope i answered your question.

deediare
October 14th, 2006, 17:46
Thanks for the info...but is this a new custom firmware, or can I just add it on to my harleyg CF?

JD/
October 14th, 2006, 18:22
It's new I suggest you take of harleyg's but I think I heard that it formats your flash before flashing the firmware so you would'nt need to take off harleyg's.

V3N0M
October 14th, 2006, 21:36
Yes thats true. You do not need to remove any older custom firmware, flash mods or anything. It will erase all of that and then flash the psp with the new custom firmware. If you need any more help you can just PM.