PDA

View Full Version : 2.71 SE-A and 1.50 questions

LazerTag
October 14th, 2006, 23:39
OK, I'm still a little lost on this a bit, but trying to make up my mind if I want to flash my PSP to this firmware. Any help making some of this easier to understand what I may or may not be getting would be great.

I understand the 2.71 SE-A will allow you to play ALL homebrew either ones converted for it or by still using 1.50 Kexploited ones, correct?

Are there any homebrew that do not work?

I'm not bothered by "corrupt" icons as I use the __SCE__ naming convention on all the homebrew I have installed. It seems that if you use 1.50 homebrew on a 2.71SE-A you still need both folders anyway?

I don't browse the web or use RSS (though RSS channels look interesting nothing has really struck me to bother trying it so far). Also I only have one PSP game that I never play so booting to 2.71 has not been a necessity for me either.

With that said, Minus a speed increase (I've heard this is slight anyway) and not having to boot Devhook then 2.71, What's the direct advantage there for having 2.71SE-A, anything?

Finally, Any known disadvantages to 2.71SE-A?

Thanks all for any help!

Laserschwert
October 15th, 2006, 14:20
I can't answer your questions, since right now I am a little lost too. So I'll add a question if you don't mind.

Right now I am running my PSP in dual-boot mode (using the WLAN-witch to either boot to 1.5 or DevHook with 2.7). Now, since all the threads about 2.71 SE-A got quite big and confusing, I haven't found the answer to whether you can still have some kind of "dual-boot" to choose between 2.71 SE-A and 1.5

yamster
October 15th, 2006, 16:14
OK, I'm still a little lost on this a bit, but trying to make up my mind if I want to flash my PSP to this firmware. Any help making some of this easier to understand what I may or may not be getting would be great.

I understand the 2.71 SE-A will allow you to play ALL homebrew either ones converted for it or by still using 1.50 Kexploited ones, correct?

Are there any homebrew that do not work?

I'm not bothered by "corrupt" icons as I use the __SCE__ naming convention on all the homebrew I have installed. It seems that if you use 1.50 homebrew on a 2.71SE-A you still need both folders anyway?

I don't browse the web or use RSS (though RSS channels look interesting nothing has really struck me to bother trying it so far). Also I only have one PSP game that I never play so booting to 2.71 has not been a necessity for me either.

With that said, Minus a speed increase (I've heard this is slight anyway) and not having to boot Devhook then 2.71, What's the direct advantage there for having 2.71SE-A, anything?

Finally, Any known disadvantages to 2.71SE-A?

Thanks all for any help!

Firstly around 99% of brew works, there are a few things that dont XFlash, PimpStreamer are 2 that dont.

Some brew dont work unless its Converted for 2.71se- theres a couple of progs that do this now.

You can rescue a partially bricked PSP.

To me there are no disadvantages of this over 1.50 as i dont use much homebrew the stuff I do Use works fine.

I used to use Harleyg Custom FW when i was on 1.5 and at the moment there ARE disadvantages with 271se compared with that, mainly Not able to load custom prx's on boot, and not able to configure the FW.

yamster
October 15th, 2006, 16:17
I can't answer your questions, since right now I am a little lost too. So I'll add a question if you don't mind.

Right now I am running my PSP in dual-boot mode (using the WLAN-witch to either boot to 1.5 or DevHook with 2.7). Now, since all the threads about 2.71 SE-A got quite big and confusing, I haven't found the answer to whether you can still have some kind of "dual-boot" to choose between 2.71 SE-A and 1.5

At the moment You cant do this on SE-A.
Hopefully this will be included with revision B.

Cos i really miss doing that, but not enuff to go back to 1.5

LazerTag
October 15th, 2006, 21:05
Well that's a bummer about PimpStreamer, I use it quite often at home and work.

I think I'll wait it out a while longer. I just don't see the advantage yet for someone like me in the way I use my PSP to make the jump away from 1.50.

Thanks for the answers.

Ghost DOG
October 16th, 2006, 10:08
you can always go back to 1.5 if you dont like 2.71se-a