PDA

View Full Version : [WIP] news about Psx-P

magixien
October 15th, 2006, 00:45
Automatic Translation from my french news:
(Original is here: http://www.pspgen.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=2505&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0)

For recall, PSX-P is an emulator intended to emulate the PS1 of Sony. It is a bearing of PCsx

http://www.pspgen.com/downloads/Emulateurs/PSXP/snap0005.bmp

What's up doc ?

The emulator with known, since beta 1, a certain number of modifications. Graphics were improved and slightly improved speed. The black spot more irritating remains the incompatibility of the vidéos which block with launching (as in FFVII for example). Several ways are explored in order to solve this problem but remain temporarily without exits. If not, a new programmer has just joined the team and proposed to program Dynarec for Psx-P. A good thing bus Dark_Alex seems very occupied finalizing its Firmware 2.71SE.

With when a public release?

Wraggster, the webmaster of DCemu, stated to have received, on behalf of the creator of Pcsx an email requiring of him to withdraw the version beta 1 of Psx-P of its waiters because the release did not respect the charter GPL to which the original version of PCsx is subjected. The other US sites followed this action on the only faith of the declaration of Wraggster. The crime was worth at least the electric chair: the release contained neither the NFO (file containing the greetings and other detail of the release) nor the sources.

Only odd thing, on the site of PCsx, one of the authors however specifies, in a post on this subject, that nothing can oblige Yoshihiro required its sources because the project remains in spite of very Open Source. It also specifies that this case is far from being isolated.

Another polemic left the site of PSPUpdate: PCsx would be dangerous because he writes in the flash. Rumour contradicted by the admins of QJ as of the shortly after the publication with all the excuses of use.

Never the exit of an emulator will not have known as many attacks to try to discredit it. A contrario no emulator homebrew will have made it tower of the ground also quickly. Its arrival with same exceeded sites PSP while being announced on almost all the sites treating of the numerical topicality.

And yet, PACMANFAN had already published a first test carried, him also, of PCsx. Only flat, in addition to one year of development its emulator remained well in on this side that of Yoshihiro at the end of one month of work.

On this subject, moreover, I let to you look by you even a fact which can only illustrate the unjust attitude of some towards Yoshihiro. PACMANFAN forever releasé officially its sources with its emulator and forever known as either that it was a bearing of PCsx. Then why Wraggster and his/her friends they did not create same prohibition and the same polemic? Yes, why? With same cause, even effect would seem logical to me. If you do not believe me, go on QJ and type PACMANFAN in seeking or look at NEWS 1 (http://pspupdates.qj.net/index.php?pg=49&aid=6720), NEWS2 (http://pspupdates.qj.net/index.php?pg=49&aid=6791), NEWS 3 (http://pspupdates.qj.net/index.php?pg=49&aid=6788) (the Net does not forget anything as said one among you in a comment on our forum).

This is just used to me to illustrate that according to the name in front of a release the attitude is not the same one.

I wrote besides in Wraggster which with simply recognized that it had not paid attention to the fact that the version of PACMANFAN was a bearing under GPL and that if it had reacted it is because of this famous email on behalf of the original authors. In fact, the latter would not have succeeded in contacting us…. www.pspgen.com seemed too long to type for them….

But the cherry on the cake was the surprised arrival, the shortly after the exit of Psx-P, of an emulator which would be full speed would make turn all the Psx plays called PS1P. And the whole announced by, I give it to you into thousand, DCEmu. It is which the doubt gently settled in my spirit: do not find not odd only the site which is at the origin of the polemic on Psx-P left, precisely the following day, an advertisement for a competitor emulator PSX? Personally that worked me, without to prevent to me from announcing the infos about it. Wraggster with answered my email requiring explanations of him on this subject by a news alleviating on the competition enters the two emulators and an affiliation of our news proposed to me on the subject. No the war thus between the two emulators and it is a very good thing.

To return to the initial question, I asked for Yoshihiro to not release a public version before the installation of the dynarec. The proof is made that Psx-P exists, it is thus wise to have patience in order to be able to present a version more succeeded than 10 bêtas more or less interesting, isn't it ?

MaGiXieN
(webmaster of pspgen.com - official site of Psx-P)

dagger89
October 15th, 2006, 01:06
Automatic Translation from my french news:
(Original is here: http://www.pspgen.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=2505&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0)

For recall, PSX-P is an emulator intended to emulate the PS1 of Sony. It is a bearing of PCsx

http://www.pspgen.com/downloads/Emulateurs/PSXP/snap0005.bmp

What's up doc ?

The emulator with known, since beta 1, a certain number of modifications. Graphics were improved and slightly improved speed. The black spot more irritating remains the incompatibility of the vidéos which block with launching (as in FFVII for example). Several ways are explored in order to solve this problem but remain temporarily without exits. If not, a new programmer has just joined the team and proposed to program Dynarec for Psx-P. A good thing bus Dark_Alex seems very occupied finalizing its Firmware 2.71SE.

With when a public release?

Wraggster, the webmaster of DCemu, stated to have received, on behalf of the creator of Pcsx an email requiring of him to withdraw the version beta 1 of Psx-P of its waiters because the release did not respect the charter GPL to which the original version of PCsx is subjected. The other US sites followed this action on the only faith of the declaration of Wraggster. The crime was worth at least the electric chair: the release contained neither the NFO (file containing the greetings and other detail of the release) nor the sources.

Only odd thing, on the site of PCsx, one of the authors however specifies, in a post on this subject, that nothing can oblige Yoshihiro required its sources because the project remains in spite of very Open Source. It also specifies that this case is far from being isolated.

Another polemic left the site of PSPUpdate: PCsx would be dangerous because he writes in the flash. Rumour contradicted by the admins of QJ as of the shortly after the publication with all the excuses of use.

Never the exit of an emulator will not have known as many attacks to try to discredit it. A contrario no emulator homebrew will have made it tower of the ground also quickly. Its arrival with same exceeded sites PSP while being announced on almost all the sites treating of the numerical topicality.

And yet, PACMANFAN had already published a first test carried, him also, of PCsx. Only flat, in addition to one year of development its emulator remained well in on this side that of Yoshihiro at the end of one month of work.

On this subject, moreover, I let to you look by you even a fact which can only illustrate the unjust attitude of some towards Yoshihiro. PACMANFAN forever releasé officially its sources with its emulator and forever known as either that it was a bearing of PCsx. Then why Wraggster and his/her friends they did not create same prohibition and the same polemic? Yes, why? With same cause, even effect would seem logical to me. If you do not believe me, go on QJ and type PACMANFAN in seeking or look at NEWS 1, NEWS2, NEWS 3 (the Net does not forget anything as said one among you in a comment on our forum).

This is just used to me to illustrate that according to the name in front of a release the attitude is not the same one.

I wrote besides in Wraggster which with simply recognized that it had not paid attention to the fact that the version of PACMANFAN was a bearing under GPL and that if it had reacted it is because of this famous email on behalf of the original authors. In fact, the latter would not have succeeded in contacting us…. www.pspgen.com seemed too long to type for them….

But the cherry on the cake was the surprised arrival, the shortly after the exit of Psx-P, of an emulator which would be full speed would make turn all the Psx plays called PS1P. And the whole announced by, I give it to you into thousand, DCEmu. It is which the doubt gently settled in my spirit: do not find not odd only the site which is at the origin of the polemic on Psx-P left, precisely the following day, an advertisement for a competitor emulator PSX? Personally that worked me, without to prevent to me from announcing the infos about it. Wraggster with answered my email requiring explanations of him on this subject by a news alleviating on the competition enters the two emulators and an affiliation of our news proposed to me on the subject. No the war thus between the two emulators and it is a very good thing.

To return to the initial question, I asked for Yoshihiro to not release a public version before the installation of the dynarec. The proof is made that Psx-P exists, it is thus wise to have patience in order to be able to present a version more succeeded than 10 bêtas more or less interesting, isn't it ?

MaGiXieN
(webmaster of pspgen.com - official site of Psx-P)

That (referring to the bold part) is clearly wrong. Here are Refraction's posts

maybe we should just spread the word that they arent geniuses but merely theives with a psp environment setup.

we are going to post the news on PCSX2 site, spread the news a bit.

it doesnt matter if it is alpha or super alpha or just a silly exe that doesnt do much..

As long as it contains code from PCSX and you have no thanks to the original authors (or the guy who gave you the porting stuff) you are breaking the GPL license. You have described the emu as all your own work to try and gain glory for yourself and this is frowned highly upon.

NGEmu will not show it any support until you conform to these. Giving thanks and releasing source code isnt hard to do, i suggest you do it.

And here's what shadow had to say:

Generaly there is a problem since pcsx is under GPL. GPL requires that each modification to the source (even a port) has to be released with sources. Unfortunately this is not the first time that something like that happends (i remember other ports as well) and we can't really force it to happend.. It's open source anyway..

It is REQUIRED for the source to be released, no matter the circumstance. They are saying that they can't do anything about it, as legal options would be costly, and useless. Yoshizero has already lost support from many PSP users, and I REFUSE to even put that garbage on my PSP. As a fan of the PCSX/PCSX2 dev team, I am EXTREMELY pissed at Yoshi's actions.

mavsman4457
October 15th, 2006, 04:50
Regardless of what happens with legal issues it is still a good thing to have competing emulators.

Mr. Shizzy
October 15th, 2006, 06:36
MaGiXieN- I think it's cool you guys released that beta to us, but why after the whole stink, you guys still released no source? I'm glad to hear you guys are continueing work on this emu. But please, do things the right way so the scene can support you. I would love to play PS1 on my PSP. :D

magixien
October 15th, 2006, 07:19
The sources will be released with the final version.

Yoshihiro will give to scene all the sources with comments inside.

Mr. Shizzy
October 15th, 2006, 07:55

Cool. thanks for the info. :) And just for the record, I have never said anything bad about Yoshi. :) I don't know much about him, and I'm not into flaming. I'm sorry your team had to endure so much nonsense. I look foward to your next release. :)

JKKDARK
October 15th, 2006, 14:16

You wish :mad:

dagger89
October 15th, 2006, 18:44

Thats great, too bad he already violated GPL

The right to redistribute is granted only if the licensee includes the source code (or a legally binding offer to provide the source code), including any modifications made. Furthermore, the distributed copies, including the modifications, must also be licensed under the terms of the GPL.

This requirement is known as copyleft, and it gets its legal teeth from the fact that the program is copyrighted. Because it is copyrighted, a licensee has no right to modify or redistribute it (barring fair use), except under the terms of the copyleft. One is only required to adhere to the terms of the GPL if one wishes to exercise rights normally restricted by copyright law, such as redistribution. Conversely, if one distributes copies of the work without abiding by the terms of the GPL (for instance, by keeping the source code secret), they can be sued by the original author under copyright law.

Basically, he DOES NOT have the right to distribute this file. BTW, PCSX can take LEGAL ACTION against Yoshi and the sites still distributing PSXP.

DPyro
October 15th, 2006, 20:06
Thats great, too bad he already violated GPL. Basically, he DOES NOT have the right to distribute this file. BTW, PCSX can take LEGAL ACTION against Yoshi and the sites still distributing PSXP.
If his next release contains source and he gives credit to the original it wouldn't matter that a crappy alpha was leaked. BTW, PCSX won't take legal action IMO.

dagger89
October 15th, 2006, 20:11
It wasn't leaked... It was released by Yoshi...And PCSX should take legal action

DPyro
October 15th, 2006, 20:14
It wasn't leaked... It was released by Yoshi...And PCSX should take legal action
It wasn't released by yoshi. It was released by someone from pspgen.

kersplatty
October 15th, 2006, 20:16
but yoshi gave permission for it to be released didnt he? sumin lyk by the tym yoshi told him to release source as well, but by the time yoshi told him maxicgen or wateva his name is had set the timer to release the news when he said so

MikeDX
October 15th, 2006, 20:20
Handbags at 100 paces everybody!

magixien
October 16th, 2006, 10:33
You're funny sometimes:
'
And PCSX should take legal action'

Why do you think something like that ? Go on the official site and read the anser to Yoshihiro and stop writing for nothing.

Where are you when PACMANFAN released it's version ? His version is coming from PCsx too and source and greets are not given when the release is given. (look link on my initial message)

I add the link to find original message of Pacmanfan release on QJ (i forget to link on my message):

NEWS 1 (http://pspupdates.qj.net/index.php?pg=49&aid=6720), NEWS2 (http://pspupdates.qj.net/index.php?pg=49&aid=6791), NEWS 3 (http://pspupdates.qj.net/index.php?pg=49&aid=6788)

PACMANFAN do a good work and open the way to psx emulation. I don't discedit him. I just ask YOU to use the same speaking and thinking with Yoshi emulator. Thanx.

Darksaviour69
October 16th, 2006, 11:02
As we explained it was only by chance that we found that Psx-P was breaking GPL, we did not know about pacmanfans release.

The post is very badly translated, so i found it hard to understand all of it, but it seems that you aresuggesting the whole thing was a plan by wraggs because it would give some sort of advantage to the other psx emu...(how?)

It was one of the staff the pointed out that it was breaking GPL, and so legaly we had to act.

btw you do not have to release the source you have to offer to give to the anyone that asks it ( via any method including emial or snail mail, of the original authers choseing). Its not really that hard to do, so why do yoshihiro refuse to offer the source?

PSX-P can be released as a private beta legaly without releaseing the source.

edit: i would also add that we (dcemu staff) have not flamed Yoshi at any stage

magixien
October 17th, 2006, 21:55
It was one of the staff the pointed out that it was breaking GPL, and so legaly we had to act.

just want to know why you don't do the same thing with the version pacmanfan....

It broke the same GPL license.... and now you know that but don't do anything.

Wraggster says that we can affiliate the news about the two emulators. I do. I publish on my forum all your news about PS1P.. But you don't do the same on Psx-P... it is not fair or perhaps I don't understand the word affiliate?. :-)

Just a last news: A news versiion (beta 2) of Psx-P iis going to be released. This time it is not first on my site for Severals reasons...

dagger89
October 17th, 2006, 23:51
maxigen: Maybe becasuse we didn't find out til way after it was released that it violated GPL. And congrats about beta 2, what will be forgotten this time? The eboot?

psiko_scweek
October 17th, 2006, 23:54
What I guess Maxigen is trying to say is that you can still download PacManFans version even though it violates GPL as well.

Cloudhunter
October 18th, 2006, 00:17
maxigen: Maybe becasuse we didn't find out til way after it was released that it violated GPL. And congrats about beta 2, what will be forgotten this time? The eboot?
dagger89, stop with the flaming please. Every topic i've seen mentioning the coder has had you spouting useless rubbish all over the place. Just grow up.

Cloudy

magixien
October 18th, 2006, 09:18
What I guess Maxigen is trying to say is that you can still download PacManFans version even though it violates GPL as well.

exactly. Thanks.

And the question is Why ?

It is not fair.

quzar
October 18th, 2006, 09:42
exactly. Thanks.

And the question is Why ?

It is not fair.

Half the stuff on this site doesn't comply to the GPL. Nobody seems to care.

potatoman
October 18th, 2006, 10:10
THANK YOU!!!:D
Someone with some sense!!!:eek:

magixien
October 18th, 2006, 19:16

except for psx-p...

tss tss tss...

Tinnus
October 18th, 2006, 20:31
magixien, you're acting simply stupid. (sorry for the harsh words, I couldn't soften them)

Instead of just explaining why you are right, you just take all your time to say other people are wrong!

I'm not saying you shouldn't point out other people's errors, but correct yours first instead of just wanting to "take people down" along with you!

quzar
October 18th, 2006, 21:09
I should elaborate on my post. I'm one of the two people who made the big deal about psx-p. I CARE about the fact that most of the stuff on the site violates the GPL, and have complained about it before, and have been told "oh yea, we'll get right on it". The problem is that it would remove a good 1/3 of all the emulators we host. Because of that it seems nobody else wants to care.

SpacemanSpiff
October 19th, 2006, 01:18
So then why did the other webmasters start caring about the GPL all of a sudden after PSX-P was released? Just because Yoshihiro coded it and they wanted an excuse to bring him down?

quzar
October 19th, 2006, 01:22
Because the few of us who cared about it decided to use it as a launching board to try to push for GPL legitamacy. Bluecrab and I, the ones who made it an issue have NO IDEA about yoshi. seriously. It was the first time that something was pointed out to be in clear violation of GPL (to the extent where it said "all my work" not even simply not releasing sources).

DPyro
October 19th, 2006, 01:30
PMF's source has been released now so its not really violating GPL.

psiko_scweek
October 19th, 2006, 01:38
oh, lol well then. >*shuts up*<

jairolas
October 19th, 2006, 02:04
well stop flaming this guy, you don´t win nothing, and yup, half stuff on this site violated the GPl ... so why you cared too much about this homebreW? i dunno, maybe some people need to relax

psiko_scweek
October 19th, 2006, 15:46
i agree with you Jairolas, but then again for the legality sake of everything maybe wraggster should go through the list o' hombrew and see what programs violate the GPL.

quzar
October 19th, 2006, 17:20
Actually, I already made a partial list and posted it in staff. It was for the most part ignored.

hockey2112
October 19th, 2006, 18:48
Actually, I already made a partial list and posted it in staff. It was for the most part ignored.

How many were in violation? Ballpark figure?

quzar
October 19th, 2006, 19:47
I went through the psp emulation section in alphabeticall order and of the ones I checked (maybe 20ish) about half were. There were also 3 that had the bios packed in (that I was able to get fixed, but had to do it my self).

I'd say that at least for the psp section the 1/2 estimate would be pretty good. I'm fairly certain it's lower for the gp32/x and I wouldn't know about the DS.

Exophase
October 19th, 2006, 22:05
I went through the psp emulation section in alphabeticall order and of the ones I checked (maybe 20ish) about half were. There were also 3 that had the bios packed in (that I was able to get fixed, but had to do it my self).

I'd say that at least for the psp section the 1/2 estimate would be pretty good. I'm fairly certain it's lower for the gp32/x and I wouldn't know about the DS.

Did those emulators simply have no source packaged, or no copying/contact information for getting it either?

If the former is true then I think that is a failing on DCEmu's part, not the original author's.

If the latter is true.. for half of all PSP emulators.. that's just a disgrace. You would think most people who ported things were familiar enough with the GPL to get it right. However I know Zx-81 complies with the GPL okay, and he alone is responsible for a ton of PSP emulators. Does that mean almost everyone else doesn't?

About PMF's build, it should just be removed as well; even if there's source somewhere I have no idea where and the zip doesn't say (it contains no documentation whatsoever, just like PSX-P). No one cares about it anyway, and the website doesn't even have it up for download.

I agree though, how can you argue that these other emulators are at fault when you don't do anything to try to correct yours? Most of those emulators haven't been nearly as hyped as PSX-P (in fact, I'm certain none of them have been or they would have received the same negative attention) and haven't gotten the kind of initial feedback either, so they managed to slip through the cracks. In this case people affiliated with the original code, including actual authors, spoke up asking for the source and you still ignored them.

But I imagine that the source for the released beta doesn't even exist intact anymore. So it should just be pulled down everywhere and you should get over it. It's not like anyone's seriously using it anyway. If you were serious about this you'd nag Yoshihiro to release a version NOW with the source, and request that the previous one be taken down.

psiko_scweek
October 19th, 2006, 23:12
hmm...id like to know exactly what emulators are violating the GPL.
what does the GPL require anyways? that the source be available, or that it be included with the packaging? or just simply available upon request?

Darksaviour69
October 20th, 2006, 00:42
just simply available upon request, the offer to give it should be including with the release

quzar
October 20th, 2006, 04:30
Technically DCEmu should also host all the sources, regardless of the format that the author decides to do it (request or hosted). Of the ones I looked at I checked to see if the original author made any sort of hint at the availibility of sources. Only about 3 or so of the 20 had no contact, but the others would state what it is a port of or say it uses something or another, but simply not have released source. (at least not on their own pages).

Tetris999
October 20th, 2006, 06:22
the thing i find so retarded is your guys little fight over something like this gpl thing first of all these are my views it will be insulting but they must be said!

First of all wtf is up with you gpl losers some used your source or your code which took you like 5 hours and then the person said hey hey i made this. WTF IS THE POINT YOU HAD YOUR TIME WITH THE CODE AND THE PERSON USED IT TO MAKE HIS THING AND SAID IT WAS HIS! YOU WERE NOT PART OF THAT PROJECT WHICH WAS MADE THOUGH THE INFO YOU HAD WAS A CONTRIBUTOR? DUDES PEOPLE TAKE THE INFORMATION OFF THE INTERNET WHICH PEOPLE WHO MADE THE WHOLE DAMN ARTICLE AND THEN PROBABLY YOU TOOK IT PUT IT INTO YOUR HOMEWORK AND SAID HEY IT WAS THEIRS, HECK IF SOME ONE TOOK MY BLUEPRINTS TO MY CAR AND THEN MADE IT A BETTER CAR I WOULDN'T GIVE A DAMN IF HE SAID IT WAS HIS, IF ITS WORTHY OF NOTICE THEN DAMN! ITS COOL WITH ME!. sorry for such kiddy examples but heck i cant think of any

this goes the same way for this emu WTF IS SO HARD ABOUT RELEASING A SOURCE CODE? WHAT IS SO BAD? WOULDN'T YOU LIKE SOMEONE TO WORK ON YOUR AWESOME EMULATOR? THAT WOULD BE COOL AND YOU WOULD'VE STILL HAVE CREDIT FOR MAKING THE EMU! WTF IS SO HARD ABOUT RELEASING THE SOURCE? DOES IT HURT YOU IN ANYWAY? DOES IT BRING DOWN YOUR EMULATORS PROGRESS IN ANYWAY? NOT THE WAY I SEE IT STOP BEING DAMN GREEDY JUST RELEASE THE SOURCE AND KEEP GOING THATS WHY THIS BS WOULDN'T BREAK OUT!.

my respects to all coders for making this psp into a wonder machine but seriously if we have this bs were all going down the drain....

this may have been to insulting to persons and i am sorry if it is

Darksaviour69
October 20th, 2006, 09:49
DCEmu should also host all the sources

that is not correct, technically we only have to offer give the sources, via any means we want ( http download, ftp download, email, snail mail! If you want to get technical about it.

quzar
October 20th, 2006, 10:22
that is not correct, technically we only have to offer give the sources, via any means we want ( http download, ftp download, email, snail mail! If you want to get technical about it.
not as far as i know. the original author has that right, but if you want to redistribute their work, you have to make the source availible in the same was as the binary (although I could be wrong about that).

Darksaviour69
October 20th, 2006, 10:37
Well from what bluecrab posted, i think thats the deal (what i said)

i think the most logical step is to contact the authers and ask them to offer the source for release, i going to start doing that
i don't even have a bloody psp, grumble grumble

magixien
October 20th, 2006, 10:43
PMF's source has been released now so its not really violating GPL.

False. Sources are leak and not released by pacmanfan. More interessing, I don't know if you are able to compile this source but it doesn't works. This sources are à wonderful bazaar.

Did those emulators simply have no source packaged, or no copying/contact information for getting it either?

If the former is true then I think that is a failing on DCEmu's part, not the original author's.

If the latter is true.. for half of all PSP emulators.. that's just a disgrace. You would think most people who ported things were familiar enough with the GPL to get it right. However I know Zx-81 complies with the GPL okay, and he alone is responsible for a ton of PSP emulators. Does that mean almost everyone else doesn't?

About PMF's build, it should just be removed as well; even if there's source somewhere I have no idea where and the zip doesn't say (it contains no documentation whatsoever, just like PSX-P). No one cares about it anyway, and the website doesn't even have it up for download.

I agree though, how can you argue that these other emulators are at fault when you don't do anything to try to correct yours? Most of those emulators haven't been nearly as hyped as PSX-P (in fact, I'm certain none of them have been or they would have received the same negative attention) and haven't gotten the kind of initial feedback either, so they managed to slip through the cracks. In this case people affiliated with the original code, including actual authors, spoke up asking for the source and you still ignored them.

But I imagine that the source for the released beta doesn't even exist intact anymore. So it should just be pulled down everywhere and you should get over it. It's not like anyone's seriously using it anyway. If you were serious about this you'd nag Yoshihiro to release a version NOW with the source, and request that the previous one be taken down.

I'am not Yoshihiro but only the Webmaster of the official site of Psx-P. I have done a mistake when I release the Psx-P beta 1 (in fact an alpha) without sources but at this moment, I don't think ut is a problem. I just think that like the PACMANFAN release, or a lot of emu on PSP, sources can comes later with a final release.

The problem come from dcemu and Wraggster exactly. The original programmers never contact me and it is easy to do. Yoshihiro let a message in PCsx forum and the answer of creators is not like Wraggster write. (read my original message). More it goes, more I think Wraggster do this for make a good advertising to Ps1P. If not, why he doesn't publish WIP of Psx-p like he propose to do ?

So, actually no Psx-P release will be released from us (pspgen.com) until final one. This final one come out with sources. If Yoshihiro want to released another beta version without sources, I don't host it on pspgen.com.

DPyro
October 20th, 2006, 15:09
Sources were not leaked as he hosted them on his own site. Plus if PCSX team wanted to they could easily get them from PMF, were as Yoshi seems reluctant until he's completely finished his. Frankly, the way Yoshi goes about hyping up releases has put him in the position he is today, and if he had gone about things like other coders he probably wouldn't have the bad rep he has today.