PDA

View Full Version : Nothing running w/ 2.71 SE-A

thesandman
October 15th, 2006, 00:51
I installed the 2.71 SE-A on my friend's psp (I have a modded one with Epsilon), and for some reason all of the homebrew I had on there doesn't work anymore (Dgen, Snes-TYL, gpsp, DevHook) and also video files won't run. It says that it's installed correctly, as there is the 2.71 SE-A in the system settings menu and I can go into the recovery menu when holding R during startup. Is there any way to fix this? Also, is it possible to bring it back to 1.5 with the 2.71 downgrader? Thanks in advance.

Cloudhunter
October 15th, 2006, 01:30
Did you put all the homebrew in the GAME150 folder?

Cloudy

Ghost DOG
October 15th, 2006, 01:50
Yea, you have to make a new folder called GAME150 on your memory stick and put homebrew in there.

You don't use the 2.71 downgrader to bring it back to 1.50. You use the recovery menu, But you have o set up for recovery first.

To do this copy the files from flasher to recover to PSP/GAME/RECOVERY, then get the 1.50fw eboot.pbp, rename it to UPDATE.PBP and place it in the RECOVERY folder now in PSP/GAME.
Then you can run it from the recovery menu.

Go to the 2.71se-a thread in psp news and have a look at cloudy's guide on page 24 for more detailed instructions.

thesandman
October 15th, 2006, 07:05
thanks

also, do i put the GAME150 in the root? Also, about running videos on it. . . is it compatable with mpeg 4 or AVC? I've tried using MAX media manager to put them on because it converts the movies for me but they also won't run.

Ghost DOG
October 15th, 2006, 07:49
Put the Game150 in the ms:/PSP folder on your memory stick.

Videos have to be special renamed mp4's and the go in ms:/MP_ROOT/100MNV01

pspvideo9 is a great program the will convert videos to be psp compatable and will also put them on your psp for you.